The UTAU Cover Meme

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey everyone, I had this idea for a project earlier and I think it'll work out well, and everyone can have lots of fun in the process.  It's low-commitment and lots of fun for everyone, so let's get on with the explanation!

The What​

This meme is for people who wanna hear more of something--specifically, more of a voicebank or a cover song--but can't/don't want to make it themselves.  We can all work together to bring more music into the community, the kind that people wanna hear!

The Why​

Because sometimes, we just can't make all the songs we want.  Sometimes we suck at using a certain voicebank type or mixing a style of song.  Sometimes we just don't feel confident enough to make that one cover we wish existed... and sometimes we've already covered it and don't want to again.  Whatever the reason, sometimes we just wanna hear more of a song or of our favorite voicebanks!

The Who​

There are two roles you can fill in this project--you can be either or both at any given time.  The first is requester, and the second is contributor.

Requesters are the people who file requests with the project.  They can request the use of certain UTAUloids and/or certain cover songs that they'd like to hear more of!  When putting in a request, follow these guidelines:

Do not request your own voicebank or song be used.  This is kind of... conceited, you know?  I know we all like to hear other people use our UTAU, but that's not what this project's about.  Similarly, don't suggest UTAU just to promote your friends' voicebanks @w@
You may request with any level of specificity.  Which is to say, you can say "I want X to sing a song" or "I want X to sing X song" or "I want someone with X voicetype to sing X song" or "I want someone to sing X song as a duet with X" or whatever.
Any songs/UTAU are game.  Japanese, Overseas, VCV, CV, CV VC, whatever.  No banks are automatically disallowed from requesting.  Same with songs.
Please do not request more than one cover/UTAU a week.  For the sake of flooding the contributors with things to do @w@

Contributors are the people who fill requests.  They can do a voicebank and/or cover song request--that is, they can fill a cover song request with a voicebank request, or use the requested voicebank for a song of their choice, or use a voicebank of their choice on a song requested!  These are the guidelines for contributing:

Be respectful.  Don't fill a request hatefully. owo;;; I don't think anyone will do this, we're all nice people right?
Try not to use your own UTAU for cover requests.  It's okay if you do, but please don't do it for all of the cover requests you fill, because again, that's not what this project is really about. @w@
CREDIT EVERYONE.  That means you better credit the composer, .ust maker, artist, and the UTAU maker (even if it's you)!  I will come after you if I see "original song by Miku". :U
Be timely.  If you take more than a month to complete your cover, it will be placed back in the Unfilled Requests category.
Above all, do your best and try to have fun!

I'll be keeping track of requests filled and made in this post, so in a way, I'm organizing things.  But overall, this is pretty loosely structured, so don't worry too much about that.

The How​

So, how do you do these things?  Pretty simple really.

If you want to make a request, post here with the song you want covered or the UTAU you want used!  If there's a .ust you like, you can post a link to it with credit.  And again, feel free to be specific or totally general about your request!  With UTAU requests, if possible link to a voicebank download for simplicity's sake.

If you want to fill a request, post here and just be like "yeah I'm gonna fill a request" and point out which one you're filling.  Again, feel free to do a voicebank request, song request, or both at the same time!  Just say whatever you're going to do.

It's that easy!

Now what?​

I'll keep track of requests here along with who made them and, for filled ones, who filled them and a link to the fill.  I'll also link to the posts containing the requests.

Voicebank:

Song:

Combination/Other:
Bacterial Contamination - Toby Osbourne (candymarbles)

Happy requesting and filling!

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So...say we want to fulfill a request. Do we just...do it? Or do we say we'll do it, and you put it down as a WIP?

Just to avoid forty people doing the same thing at the same time, you know? >3<

P

PurinPuff

I'll contribute! I love making UTAU covers~ <3
I can do the Amane Luna request, unless you were already planning to do it. :3

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
PKLpikachu: Added!

SakisCookie:  You should say you did it so that, exactly as you said, we don't have 40 people on the same thing. owo  Though I suppose if two people want to do one, that's not so bad~ but post it here.

I guess if you take too long to fill it (like more than a month), I'll put it back in "unfilled" though.  *adds WIP fill category*

PurinPuff: Gotcha! :3

I'm adding a song to the requests, myself.  I want to hear more covers of Poetaster and Singing Dolls--Azuralunar made a .ust for it.  I'd like to hear it with an energetic female on Miku's part and a harsh male on Len's, if possible. owo

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Cdra link said:
I'm adding a song to the requests, myself.  I want to hear more covers of Poetaster and Singing Dolls--Azuralunar made a .ust for it.  I'd like to hear it with an energetic female on Miku's part and a harsh male on Len's, if possible. owo

I'll take this request. :smile:

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
PKLpikachu link said:
[quote author=Cdra link=topic=1256.msg9076#msg9076 date=1333594255]

I'll take this request. :smile:
[/quote]
:D I put you in the first post.

Moar people should get in here requestin'. owo

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
As I've said elsewhere, I'm taking requests for the Win100 UTAU- so I'll be able to take requests for any of the following:
Kane Tomo
Asane Sana
Mizuo
Akeko
Hagane Hey(bonus: voiced by Kouhei!)
Corone Coro
Sakurai Kaon
Amaha Sora(bonus: voiced by Lon and has two really cute MMD models!)
Ane Mone
Madone Momo

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
Oh! I'll be a contributer! *raises her hand really high* (owo)/
I like practice making covers~ I also seem to like swamping myself with work...
But no matter! I'm totally up for this! >:D

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
PKLpikachu: Ah! Thank you~ <3

Asteriski:  Alright, good to know for anyone who wants to hear them used :3

candymarbles:  Yay!  Now if only more people were requesting! xD

But really, how is it that more people want to contribute than request? o3o;  That seems so backwards, but it's kind of cool. xD  Get in here and request things, people!  You know you want to~

P

PurinPuff

I've finished the cover for Amane Luna!
[sub](It took WAAY longer then it should've.)[/sub]

【UTAUカバー】 トルコ行進曲 - オワタ\(^o^)/ 【天音ルナ】

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/purinpuff/luna-turkish-march[/soundcloud]

Music Re-Adaptation: Owata-P
Original Composition: Mozart
Original Vocals: Hatsune Miku
Luna Amane: Mikoze
UST: TDRloid
Original Video: sm2972481

NOTES: First time using Luna's voice; I think the song turned out OK. Her VCV is pretty easy to use, if you put her in a song good for her voice. Luna's triphones are good for faster-paced songs, and not really for long notes. I also noticed she's better for mid-range and alto ranges, as opposed to high pitched songs.

--

I'll submit a request; I'd like to hear a song using Ruko Yokune♂; he needs more love.​

P

PurinPuff

Much appreciated~!!

EDIT: Finally managed to upload the Luna cover. Hope you like!

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
I finished! :3 I hope you like it, PurinPuff~ I was actually a little bit surprised to find no one had made Ruko sing this yet @-@

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/daisy-ditizio/utau-ruko-yokune-breathe[/soundcloud]

Lyrics: ΦKushiΦ (Φ串Φ)
Composer: Team Aburi Toro-don (ちーむ炙りトロ丼)
Arrangement: Team Aburi Toro-don (ちーむ炙りトロ丼)
UST: Yesi-Chan
Yokune Ruko by 欲音ルコ製作スレ・雷地ゆう (that's what the character.txt in UTAU said ;-; If anyone can translate, it would be much appreciated :'D)

Edit: Oh wow, i forgot to give links ovo *really late* I hope the thread isn't old or something now...
Toby's VCV bank is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ib0g9v5dv4hkcm2
The UST for Bacterial Contamination is here (it's by kyaami): http://www.mediafire.com/?hjtrr2sba5lxkxy
hehe... sorry ^^; (Just to warn, I had problems converting the bank to a .zip file)

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Don't die, thread! this looks really cool. :D I want to practice some more with making English songs, so if anyone has a request for an English cover I can try (the song has to already be in English or have translyrics that match the melody, though >_<). Hope I'm not putting to much on myself at one time though, since I have like three other big things I have to do at the same time. :O

As for requests, I want to make a really general one: the cutest song you can think of with the cutest voice bank you can think of.

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
Ant link said:
As for requests, I want to make a really general one: the cutest song you can think of with the cutest voice bank you can think of.

*slinks back in*

...Would a Haruka Nana cover of Demon Girlfriend be okay? o3o

*slinks away again*

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
candymarbles link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=1256.msg15398#msg15398 date=1337957481]

*slinks back in*

...Would a Haruka Nana cover of Demon Girlfriend be okay? o3o

*slinks away again*
[/quote]

YES! :D