Themes/skins?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I like the purple theme, it's iconic. However, I think it'd be nice to have a few themes to choose from. Is it possible to make certain themes/skins and have them put up? I wouldn't mind helping out to make new ones. I just don't know how, exactly. :V

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I would like for the skin to change during holidays (like Halloween and Christmas)

P

PurinPuff

It'd be cool to have different VIPPER skins to choose from, although I'm perfectly content with just the purple Defoko theme.

OngakuCD link said:
I would like for the skin to change during holidays (like Halloween and Christmas)

Can you imagine everything stays the same, except Defoko has a santa hat? xD

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
YES. THIS POST. Although the thing is that while their colors are diverse, about half of the VIPPERs have red in them.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have a roadmap for new skins, or at least recolors of the existing one.

As a reward for the forum's most active members I was going to let them decide the first skins I made. Beyond that next I get the chance, either this coming winter or summer break I am planning a series of events and activities and offering the community a chance to vote on what skins get developed.

Details are still pending but general idea is two fold. I wanted to engage the community both through events and activities as well as give you all an equal voice/chance on what skins get developed. While it would be easy to arbitrarily choose UTAU I wanted to avoid "Why was X UTAU chosen instead of Y UTAU" drama that would inevitably follow any sort of non-Defoko skin production.

Either way its a bit of a ways away so its something to look forward to in the future. As for making your own skins it would be difficult. UtaForum has been HEAVILY customized by me both through plugins and a bit of hacking under the hood and no standard MyBB theme could ever work for UtaForum as is. Adding compatibility is quite difficult due to our non-standard install.

You may not notice it but UtaForum has had a lot of work under the hood and has a lot of non-standard functionality that has to be accounted for in any custom themes made.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Hentai said:
I have a roadmap for new skins, or at least recolors of the existing one.

As a reward for the forum's most active members I was going to let them decide the first skins I made. Beyond that next I get the chance, either this coming winter or summer break I am planning a series of events and activities and offering the community a chance to vote on what skins get developed.

Details are still pending but general idea is two fold. I wanted to engage the community both through events and activities as well as give you all an equal voice/chance on what skins get developed. While it would be easy to arbitrarily choose UTAU I wanted to avoid "Why was X UTAU chosen instead of Y UTAU" drama that would inevitably follow any sort of non-Defoko skin production.

Either way its a bit of a ways away so its something to look forward to in the future. As for making your own skins it would be difficult. UtaForum has been HEAVILY customized by me both through plugins and a bit of hacking under the hood and no standard MyBB theme could ever work for UtaForum as is. Adding compatibility is quite difficult due to our non-standard install.

You may not notice it but UtaForum has had a lot of work under the hood and has a lot of non-standard functionality that has to be accounted for in any custom themes made.

Just some suggestions:

I think there shouldn't be any repetition of themes with almost the same colors. Like for example: If we had a Teto theme, she would have a magenta-colored theme, right? Then we shouldn't have another theme that's also magenta.

Something really important: Should we used the UTAU's official design or fanart like we have with Defoko right now?

Another thing: You know how you mods and admins have bolded colored text for your usernames while we have standard purple ones, right? How about our username colors change depending one what themes we've chosen. Like say I changed my theme into a Teto theme that's magenta, my username color would change into magenta (although I feel like that would be hard to implement...)