Tips for a Soft VB & Oto.ini for smooth crossfade/transition?

マクネナナ

Teto's Territory
Hello everyone,i'm currently looking for tips on recording a Soft VB ? cuz last time i made one was really more of a power one :S which i scrapped cuz it was shitty xD,so yeah tips on clearness,voice tone etc.. ;u;

Also looking for a better oto.ini technique cuz my UTAU tends to sound like teto :I (no offence to teto btw <w>) but still sounds a bit choppy? like dafuq :`^( but yeah ,i believe my utau requires an oto.ini check ;; can anyone do that? altho that should be in the "requests" section...

anyways that's all ,thank you!

P

partial

What kind of reclist did you use? I dunno how new or experienced you are to UTAU, but there are different vb types - CV, CVVC, VCV, VCCV, and arpasing.

Can you show part of the list you used to record with here?

マクネナナ

Teto's Territory
What kind of reclist did you use? I dunno how new or experienced you are to UTAU, but there are different vb types - CV, CVVC, VCV, VCCV, and arpasing.

Can you show part of the list you used to record with here?
I used a CV reclist that is pretty basic reclist i'd say
and um here is the reclist:

a, i, u, e, o
ka, ki, ku, ke, ko
kya, kyi, kyu, kye, kyo
ga, gi, gu, ge, go
gya, gyi, gyu, gye, gyo
sa, shi, su, se, so
za, ji, zu, ze, zo
etc....

Damien

Wannabe Worker
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think there's much crossfading stuff you can do with a cv bank anyway

P

partial

If you want to make a bank with small filesize but fairly smooth quality, I recommend trying CVVC. A lot of people here don't like it because it takes more work to use than VCV sometimes, but I would really recommend trying it before jumping into a massive VCV bank.

The reclist you've shared is CV, and there isn't much you can do to make it sound less choppy.

Try this reclist here.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
@Damien yeah but he still sounds a bit choppier than most CVs it's probs the recordings..but i still think its the Oto.ini

Well, a well oto'd CV will make it only slightly more smooth. Crossfading is only used for VCV and CVVC; not CV. If you want a really smooth result, go for VCV or CVVC. But I highly suggest going CVVC, since it's shorter and just as smooth as VCV.

マクネナナ

Teto's Territory
If you want to make a bank with small filesize but fairly smooth quality, I recommend trying CVVC. A lot of people here don't like it because it takes more work to use than VCV sometimes, but I would really recommend trying it before jumping into a massive VCV bank.

The reclist you've shared is CV, and there isn't much you can do to make it sound less choppy.

Try this reclist here.
:S hmm guess it's just how his Recording quality that makes him sound weird,and i don't like or dislike CVVC cuz i haven't tried it myself ;-;

Reactions: partial

Damien

Wannabe Worker
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
:S hmm guess it's just how his Recording quality that makes him sound weird,and i don't like or dislike CVVC cuz i haven't tried it myself ;-;
Try it and you'll see if it works for you, that's how all the methods work

マクネナナ

Teto's Territory
Try it and you'll see if it works for you, that's how all the methods work
i downloaded a CVVC without knowing,She is that one promoted chinese UTAU called Xia Yu Yao,i downloaded her japanese bank! luckily i have the auto cvvc plugin (Idk since when) and she sounds so amazing *^*