Tips on midi.ing in FL Studio?

Corben69Max

Teto's Territory
So after a few months fl studio FINNALY cooperates with me and is working for me. I'm doing the nightcore version of Deepest Cut eng. and it's both fun and a pain lol, now I couldn't figure the tempo on fl so I'll fix that after I put it in utau.

I was wondering what kinds of advice/tips everyone has when making a midi.file in fl studio? Maybe some stories to share.

Also, if anyone can find me an already made midi of
Naruto 12 ending song // Knife called Lust (it's English but I've only heard the nightcore version, if someone could find the plain one that would be fine) // and White Rabbit (also English) I would most appreciate it.

I hardly get internet access so when I do I have a small time to find things and don't have time doing long searches. If you guys can't find it then that's fine, just more practice for me lol.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry for the short reply. I would recommend setting the tempo in FL studio in order to make the midi process easier, rather than doing it later on UTAU. You could listen to this song and tap along with this website to find the bpm.

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Also, export the midi straight from the piano roll, using the drop down menu on the top left corner. It preserves the tempo into UTAU, so that there isn't a 500000bpm problem.

Corben69Max

Teto's Territory
Sorry for the short reply. I would recommend setting the tempo in FL studio in order to make the midi process easier, rather than doing it later on UTAU. You could listen to this song and tap along with this website to find the bpm.

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Also, export the midi straight from the piano roll, using the drop down menu on the top left corner. It preserves the tempo into UTAU, so that there isn't a 500000bpm problem.

Alright, thank you.

If anyone else has any more tips to share please comment.

Yuunarii

Momo's Minion
I've made quite a couple of UST's using midi's I made in FL Studio before ^v^ So... Here's what I usually do whenever I midi:
I first usually determine the tempo of the song by using this pretty handy program called MixMeister BPM Analyzer ^^ 9 out of 10 times, it gives you the correct tempo ^^ http://www.mixmeister.com/download-bpmanalyzer.php
Make sure you align the midi/piano roll in sync with the tapping of the metronome ^v^ Notes in songs usually are either an entire note lenght, 1/2nd, 1/4th, 1/8th, etc. So.. If the notes don't seem to fit into any of those lengths, you're probably doing something wrong ^^; Some songs like to throw in some 1/3rd notes though, so.. Watch out for those :0
Also, if you wish to export your midi file, make sure you go to Tools > Macros > Prepare for MIDI export
This will turn your 3x Osc track into a midi track ^v^ If you don't do this, you'll end up with a blank midi file when importing it into UTAU >__< (Or at least, that's what happens to me whenever I export my midi's without the "prepare for MIDI export" step)

One last thing I also often do is making sure I put the song itself, and the 3x Osc in separate mixing channels, so I can lower the volume of the song. That way you'll hear the synths of your piano roll better ^v^

These are just things I usually do when making midi's so... Hopefully you found them useful ^^ Good luck making midi's ^v^/

Corben69Max

Teto's Territory
I've made quite a couple of UST's using midi's I made in FL Studio before ^v^ So... Here's what I usually do whenever I midi:
I first usually determine the tempo of the song by using this pretty handy program called MixMeister BPM Analyzer ^^ 9 out of 10 times, it gives you the correct tempo ^^ http://www.mixmeister.com/download-bpmanalyzer.php
Make sure you align the midi/piano roll in sync with the tapping of the metronome ^v^ Notes in songs usually are either an entire note lenght, 1/2nd, 1/4th, 1/8th, etc. So.. If the notes don't seem to fit into any of those lengths, you're probably doing something wrong ^^; Some songs like to throw in some 1/3rd notes though, so.. Watch out for those :0
Also, if you wish to export your midi file, make sure you go to Tools > Macros > Prepare for MIDI export
This will turn your 3x Osc track into a midi track ^v^ If you don't do this, you'll end up with a blank midi file when importing it into UTAU >__< (Or at least, that's what happens to me whenever I export my midi's without the "prepare for MIDI export" step)

One last thing I also often do is making sure I put the song itself, and the 3x Osc in separate mixing channels, so I can lower the volume of the song. That way you'll hear the synths of your piano roll better ^v^

These are just things I usually do when making midi's so... Hopefully you found them useful ^^ Good luck making midi's ^v^/

Thank you, this was very helpful and informative. From the looks of it the link you gave me a a buy-able type, and I don't have the money to spare to buy it (I definitely would if I could!)