Resource icon

Tutorial Tips, tricks, flags and mixing advice for screamo or growl

K

Kassandra

Kassandra submitted a new resource:

Tips, tricks, flags and mixing advice for screamo or growl - utau scream/growl advice

Hi so I really like to cover songs using screamo or growl (not like rikimi or utaugrowl but more like a death growl type voice. like this). I'm going to share what I know about creating these types of vocals.

1. It's best if you use a VB created for screamo/growl

2. You can make any voice scream or growl

The reason why I suggest using a screamo or growl bank is because even if it's not recorded that well, it already has the sound...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: RaccoonButler

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Very good resource!!! I'd just suggest something I do, dont know if you have tried...I do these things:

If using Mode2, set the modulation for a value between 80~99%. It will make the bank less "auto pitched", so the when playing the samples they will sound more actually a scream...

Or the difficult but better way for me, setting to mode 1 and editing the pitchbends...as they arent curves on Mode 1, you can make the voice sounds like screamo even with pitchbends! I'd post a link of example video but I am at school atm...anyway...

Cheers for your GJ!!

K

Kassandra

Oooh I've never tried setting mod for screamo, mod works pretty well for talk-loid or trying to make utau talk (or rap). When I rendered this rap part in me me me, I used mod: But anyway, I wanna try that mod setting for screaming.

Ooh yeah, mode 1 editing can work for growling and screaming as well, but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes. You should definitely post a video though, I'm interested in seeing what you do.

Thanks! I'm just glad you found it useful (and I hope others do as well).

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Thr mod setting works very good for Scream voices in general...Both screamo and "dying" screams XD

Oh. I didnt made this, but I found an example of a work using the Mode 1 setting for Hakaine Maiko

K

Kassandra

hmm interesting o: I will have to play around and definitely try out the crazy ass mode 1 pitch bends. I like this method in the video a lot.

Reactions: Mougeki Mero