Traditional Japanese

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi! I want to know if anyone has tried to make a traditional Japanese style voicebank, useful for traditional Japanese songs or poems (don't confuse with enka!). Does someone want to try!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A regular Japanese voicebank that includes old sounds such as kwa, kwi, kwe, kwo, etc. or perhaps Ainu (uses a specialized version of katakana that I'm not sure is possible for a non-Japanese keyboard) can accomplish the same purpose. The only major difference is in having some alternative pronunciations such as aspiration in addition to non-aspirated.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
A regular Japanese voicebank that includes old sounds such as kwa, kwi, kwe, kwo, etc. or perhaps Ainu (uses a specialized version of katakana that I'm not sure is possible for a non-Japanese keyboard) can accomplish the same purpose. The only major difference is in having some alternative pronunciations such as aspiration in addition to non-aspirated.
Hello! Maybe you're right... I have a friend who plays sokyoku and do traditional Japanese music. I heard him and I noted strange accents...
Maybe it's necessary to record different impostations on the same sillable, because there are pronunciation variations from word to word, due the fact traditional music has a lot of styles: sokyoku, heikyoku, shamisen styles (jiuta, nagauta etc.), kabuki and no theatre...