Treading Unknown (to me anyways) Territory

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians

Hello everyone, I'm Genosan. A little about myself. I have interests in Art, Music, Singing, Language Learning, and Anime/Manga. I've dabbled in Graphic Design for a time, but had to give that up due mainly to time constraints. I once again have some time on my hands, and decided to pick up UTAU, and when I have the money for it, I would like to try my hand at VOCALOID too. I am a complete novice, but I know the basics of UTAU. I am currently looking to find a song to make my first UST for. I look forward to getting to know you guys, Cheers!

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Welcome to the Community and Forum!

Also, welcome to the VOCALOID user community!

Tip about buying VOCALOIDs (Japanese ones anyways)- Purchase them on Amazon.co.jp and then use Tenso.com to forward the package to where you live.

Buying on Japanese sites is always cheaper! On American Amazon, GUMI Native was over 100 dollars, and on Japanese Amazon she was 85 dollars!

Anyways, welcome to the UTAU/VOCALOID community, hope to see ya around!

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
FluoroLime said:
Hiya! What kind of VOCALOID songs do you like? Miku? Rin and Len? Luka?

I like 'em all! GUMI and Miku are my current favs though. :3

samth1815 said:

Tip about buying VOCALOIDs (Japanese ones anyways)- Purchase them on Amazon.co.jp and then use Tenso.com to forward the package to where you live.

Buying on Japanese sites is always cheaper! On American Amazon, GUMI Native was over 100 dollars, and on Japanese Amazon she was 85 dollars!

Thanks for the tips, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks! I hope to be around as well. :P

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Genosan said:

That's cool. I like Rin and Len because they have really tragic duets. My favourite Miku song is Laika TTnTT

Genosan

Ruko's Ruffians
FluoroLime said:
Genosan said:

That's cool. I like Rin and Len because they have really tragic duets. My favourite Miku song is Laika TTnTT

I just listened to Laika for the first time... THAT WAS SO SAD! D: Cute, but many more times sad!

My favorite Miku song is Osouji, aka Winter Cleaning by DECO*27. It's a fun song with a cute PV. I also feel the need to break into song when I'm cleaning because of it. :smile:

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Genosan said:
FluoroLime said:
Hiya! What kind of VOCALOID songs do you like? Miku? Rin and Len? Luka?

samth1815 said:

Thanks for the tips, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks! I hope to be around as well. :P

Yep! You can save a lot of money on the Japanese sites.

Note: on VOCALOIDs other than Yamaha/Bplats ones, the VOCALOIDStore tends to hike up the prices, so generally Amazon Japan is the best place to buy. (Plus they take US Dollars!)