Umineko Fanclub

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Can you even create a non-vocalsynth fanclub in this section??

Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni_logo.jpg

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

A murder mystery visual novel created by 07th Expansion, with many adaptations/spinoffs/derivative works.

Kiyoteru
partial
VocAddict
Tema

None, and I don't have photoshop anymore so I can't make any ;v;

Last edited:
Reactions: partial

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@partial @VocAddict
I've already added you guys to the member list.
Anyone else can join whenever.

For the sake of preserving people's experience, to what extent should we consider things spoilers? I think that Episode 1 could be out in the open, and other spoilers hidden and labelled with the Episode they're from.

P

partial

Yeah, spoilers would be great!

What we do on the Rokkenjima forum is hide character names past EP1, such as:

And then (EP3 character)
EVA-Beatrice
shot down all of Battler's theories.

However, on Rokkenjima, spoiler tags just blur hidden content, so sentences still look.....normal.

Perhaps we could get a few people into reading Umineko, and then hold our own podcast or Tea Party, where a few of us (some who have finished the novel), and some who are new, speculate and theorize EP1. Maybe link to places to purchase the original vns or mangagamer's steam port, as well. Yen Press sells the manga in English, too!

I'll make some userbars!

Reactions: Tema and VocAddict
P

partial

Count me in! (While I'm over here crying from not being able to get the VNs and Lumi sounding nothing like Beato haaaaaaasob)
I have the original Japanese Umineko visual novels (there are complete English patches for them). You could try them, if you want. The art is Ryukishi's though, and while I adore it, it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: Tema

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have the original Japanese Umineko visual novels (there are complete English patches for them). You could try them, if you want. The art is Ryukishi's though, and while I adore it, it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I downloaded the English patch ages ago in hopes I would be able to buy them, but I'll probably get the Steam port. I like Ryukishi's art, although it took me a bit to warm up to it when I first saw it. In college I read the Higurashi question arcs and I think I read EP 1 of Umineko too. It's been sooo long though /feels like an old man rofl

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I remember watching the anime of this way back when. I was first interested in it because of it being made by the same people who did higurashi. I quite enjoyed watching it, though I never took the time to find and read the source material. I've heard that there were many details left out in the anime, so I'm considering to pick it up and give it a good read.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps we could get a few people into reading Umineko, and then hold our own podcast or Tea Party, where a few of us (some who have finished the novel), and some who are new, speculate and theorize EP1. Maybe link to places to purchase the original vns or mangagamer's steam port, as well. Yen Press sells the manga in English, too!

.... wauw

See, I wish you started this fanclub instead ;v; I bet you'd be able to run it well, since I mainly got into Umineko to relate with one of my friends.

P

partial

The podcast idea is actually an idea I got from Rokkenjima, a forum for 07th Expansion fans. So it definitely isn't my idea, but I think it'd be fun to do here, y'know? No worries @Kiyoteru, haha.

Hm! I actually got into Umineko because of my friend's love for a character. She simply loves him with everything she has, but I just could not understand anything she said about witches and furniture and the Golden Land and kakeras. So I read. And god, was it an intense read. It consumed my life.

For anyone wanting to download Umineko, you'll be pleased with a group of people who are porting the PS3 game to PC. I mean, they're trying to do a true remake. The menu functions included.

You can get Umineko with PS3 graphics (which I swear people sorta over-glorify, but oh well heh) from Umineko Project. https://umineko-project.org/en/ This includes 4 games, and is the first half of the series. It will take roughly 50 hours of reading to get through it, and is fully voice acted.

The extraction password for everything they offer is 035646750436634546568555050
It runs on Windows, and they offer it for Mac and Linux, too. I have the original Japanese games as well as the PS3 game for Rondo of the Golden Witch, the name for the PS3 port of Episodes 1 - 4, which is half of the game. Which is what this port is, haha.

It's....illegal, but I admit, this is a very fancy way to read the game, haha. Fully voice acted. Besides! I paid for the games, so I had all the information on hand to get this password, hah.

The easiest way to get Umineko legally is through Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/406550/Umineko_When_They_Cry_Question_Arc/ They only have the first half of the story up, but it is more than 50 hours of reading alone. Heck, when I first finished Umineko via Steam, my playtime was at 74 hours!

Why don't we all make it our goal to read Episode 1 together, maybe finish it by.... the start of September? Then we could set up some sort of podcast or something where 1 or 2 experienced people can ask questions to new people and create theories, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HulderBulder

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've read the manga adaptations of all 8 episodes. I'd love to read the original VN myself, but all of my music and UTAU projects take up so much space on my computer that I really can't. So I've been watching a let's play (the whole thing was completed last night!)

P

partial

I've read the manga adaptations of all 8 episodes. I'd love to read the original VN myself, but all of my music and UTAU projects take up so much space on my computer that I really can't. So I've been watching a let's play (the whole thing was completed last night!)
I haven't read the manga version entirely yet. Like, part of EP1.

Does anyone have any Umineko merch?

I have
- the original PC games (Umineko (EP1 - EP4), and Umineko Chiru (EP5 - EP8)
- the Steam rerelease (Umineko only, not Chiru yet)
- Rondo of the Golden Witch (the name of the Umineko EP1 - EP4 PlayStation port)
- EP1, EP2, first books of EP5 and EP6
- Small art piece of an EP7 character
- the anime, on bluray

I know this thread isn't for Higurashi but I also have the anime for that, and all the chapters released on Steam at this time.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Does anyone have any Umineko merch?

Seeing as I only just got into it, I don't have anything. Though it would be awesome to have Beatrice-related stuff, like a plush doll or even a full cosplay.

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
So, I've finished Episode 1 (I believe so since Episode 2 is unlocked) and that was quite a ride. Battler truly annoyed me to a great degree though I might agree with, she might be a human.

Beatrice is a witch. Beatrice has certain standards and rules which must be kept in order to exist. Maybe, just maybe, Beatrice is real but since she doesn't have a physical form, her power is seen (as with the death of Eva and her husband) but some won't believe her since her physical existence cannot be proven.

So, the physical manifestation of the witch could be a human (and most likely is). The magic cane she has probably holds the power of Beatrice and its wielder (who is human) can use that power as if she is the witch, allowing her to look like the witch.

Why does Beatrice look like Eva in the new graphics though lol. And in the old graphics, she looks like an older Maria with blonde hair. Gah, I can't get much out of her appearance anyway.

So, I won't be able to start Episode 2 for a while. I've been slacking of in school somewhat and got some outstanding assignments to do so I most likely won't be able to continue until Mid-August.

I'm enjoying this a lot though. Lots to theorise about. I'm wondering if I should watch and read the adaptions for Episode 1. Or should I play out all four first?

EDIT

I'm thinking of downloading the PS3 unofficial port just for the voice-acting lol. The art looks a bit more saturated and a bit cleaner(?) but yeah, it really isn't something to over glorify.

Last edited: