Uploading Large Banks

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
I'm trying to see what people think big voicebanks would be better at mostly since I'm going to make one.
So I want to know where would you prefer to download a large bank that won't be slow for you and others to download?
(sorry if I messed up some thing I'm at school right now and by a big voicebank I mean like Merry Trapeze.)

keiran h

★Working on it★
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I like MEGA but....is weird, and mediafire! ^u^
Haha but please no 4shared ;-;

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
With plenty of seeders, a torrent can be fast. In terms of general VB downloading, I prefer box and gdrive. Mediafire and 4shared have a lot of ads...

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
box is good for your standard bank under 100mbs, but if you need more uploading freedom, then google drive and MEGA are good for large banks. Like @Cabbage mentioned, torrents can be a good way to share one's bank if it's large, but... it relies on 1) having a bittorrent client (and thus, your computer) running 24/7 and 2) you'll need an internet service with a good upload rate (and you'll also have to rely on others to help you seed as more people download). You'll also have to contend with the... misgivings some may have about such a distribution format due to the association that torrents have with illegal file sharing.

In any case, avoid 4shared, axfc, and mediafire - they contain ads and can/will delete your files without your input. 4shared and mediafire will do so if they think your file infringes on copyright (banks such as one of the rarer Vippers Nero Go-on and her Sadistic Append have been lost this way) - not to mention that 4shared forces an account on people to be able to download and outright makes it impossible to do so even with the account if you have an adblocker (with adblocker turned off, you get greeted with a screen full of download buttons in which a naive user can click and get God only knows what on their machine while the real link is a tiny 10 or 12 font text link halfway down the page). axfc does an annual purge of their servers, which means you have to remember to keep uploading your bank every year (and unlike mediafire and 4shared, the ads displayed aren't sfw).

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Just burn it to cassette tapes and mail the box around!
easy!

butseriouslythough
Dropbox, google drive, mega, box, onedrive, sync, mydrive, icloud, flipdrive, filedropper, jumbofiles.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Dropbox and Google Drive are good. If you really need to you can always upload your bank as separate parts. I believe that I have seen a few banks have this option.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
MEGA has huge file storage space and it makes huge downloads easy.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am a fan of OneDrive because they offer 5GB of storage on their free accounts vs DropBox which only has 2GB. Unlike BOX neither has file size limits and have additional uses in helping sync files across computers, update releases while keeping the same URL, your download URLs not having any intrusive ads, and the ability to setup shared folders if you are collaborating.

If you are interested here is my OneDrive referral link which will net us 500mb extra space if used. My DropBox referral link will also net us both 500MB extra space on this service as well. Personally I use both, OneDrive and the Microsoft Cloud for school related things (my college gave us all Microsoft emails & cloud Office subscriptions) and Dropbox for UTAU/Vocaloid collabs.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Also, if you already have an old microsoft account (like hotmail, live, or outlook) then you probably already have a onedrive account.
If that's the case then your account may be old enough to even have 15-30GB of stoarge rather than the current 5GB

(if you need more than 5gb for some odd reason then there is still google drive)

also if your internet is crap then consider downloading their account sync application (if applicable, if you run windows 8 or newer then you already have a onedrive folder for example) so you don't have to worry about dropped connections.

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
I'll try MEGA since I have an account on there already and use OneDrive as another link they could use?