Uploading on Japanese Websites?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
So originally I was going to title this thread "Uploading on Niconico", but I decided to just include all primarily Japanese websites. I'm curious if people upload videos of their utau onto Niconico, why if yes, why not if no. Adding to this, what about things like info and art onto other Japanese websites, like pixiv or something like that?

I personally would and will since I have accounts for both of those websites, plus it'd be great for many different people to have access to your utau! ^^ So what do you all think?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't bother, most of the time. I don't produce content in Japanese and I don't expect anyone there to be interested in my content. Exceptions are events like Kiyoteru's birthday, and I guess Kiyoteru things in general. The cluster is a lot bigger than the fandom.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I do upload stuffs on overseas and Japanese sites equally because I want to extend the audience demographic widely. Most covers are uploaded on Soundcloud, Clyp.it, Fannoirletima@Tumblr, tmbox.net (Japanese site), Niconico (Japanese site) and Youtube.

The only exception is basically for cover art, since I mostly use Deviantart for it. I do have Nico Nico Seiga account but only for fandom stuffs (BoBoiBoy, Ejen Ali and maybe future UTAU stuffs). I mostly use English to write the description since I can't translate it to Japanese. I wonder how to get help for description translation.

Ah, I see. I'm not sure if for Japanese users on nn if English translates to Japanese. For me I'd just type simple things in Japanese so others could understand if they couldn't read English.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have tried Pixiv but I ended up quit using it because I didn't get any likes or comments on there unlike in DeviantArt or in Twitter.

Yes, I do use Nico Nico Douga: NND is very best please to me to search and found new or hidden "diamonds" (voice banks). Unlike in YT, tag system actually WORKS and it's easy to find the VB type what I'm looking for.

If you upload videos in NND, I highly recommend to put some Japanese tags on it, so you'll be more easily noticed! There's a list of Japanese NND UTAU/Voc tags in this post - it's really helpful resource!

When I upload to NND, I usually get just few comments/mylist per uploaded video, tho, but I think that that is because I use mainly own UTAU only (which are now hyper known and/or popular tbh) and I cannot make fancy animated PV or have "god" tuning/mixing skills.

I use TmBox sometimes: for example I uploaded my UTAU ECHO cover there because in SC, it got locked by copyright :/ Sometimes I might upload there some testes and WIPs, so I can safe some of my SC minutes for better covers etc - it really depends on my mode!

Last edited:

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I have tried Pixiv but I ended up quit using it because I didn't get any likes or comments on there unlike in DeviantArt or in Twitter.

Yes, I do use Nico Nico Douga: NND is very best please to me to search and found new or hidden "diamonds" (voice banks). Unlike in YT, tag system actually WORKS and it's easy to find the VB type what I'm looking for.

If you upload videos in NND, I highly recommend to put some Japanese tags on it, so you'll be more easily noticed! There's a list of Japanese NND UTAU/Voc tags in this post - it's really helpful resource!

When I upload to NND, I usually get just few comments/mylist per uploaded video, tho, but I think that that is because I use mainly own UTAU only (which are now hyper known and/or popular tbh) and I cannot make fancy animated PV or have "god" tuning/mixing skills.

I use TmBox sometimes: for example I uploaded my UTAU ECHO cover there because in SC, it got locked by copyright :/ Sometimes I might upload there some testes and WIPs, so I can safe some of my SC minutes for better covers etc - it really depends on my mode!

Ah, I see. I'd expect there to be quite a bit of utau there since it's the home country of the program ^^ Many times, like I do on YouTube, of I'm searching for some utau and don't know where to start, I search for medleys, and end up finding tons of great utau that I've never seen on English websites.

Reactions: Nohkara