Ust fixing help?

idol

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Helloooo- I've found a ust I really wanna use by Half-a-head but it has some extra notes/sounds I don't really know how to fix.
I.E:
vV168Ji.png

and sounds like - h , i h which are not recorded in this bank. Any help would be amazing!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That looks like an end breath. If there aren't any end breaths in the voicebank you want to use, just change the lyric to R.

Somewhat related discussion, but I don't like when people include voicebank-specific things in USTs that they distribute for public use. Such as end breaths, or note suffixes, or special flags, or any other extra samples. They make it more finicky and confusing for the end user. Ideally, a publicly distributed UST only has the essential notes and lyrics and maybe whatever pitchbends/vibrato is absolutely necessary. And most definitely for the USTs to be straightforwardly made- like complete melody and harmony tracks.
When you personalize a UST to a specific cover, to a specific voicebank and specific expressive choices, it becomes harder to adapt it otherwise. That kind of detail work should be down to the individual. Believe me, my personal files can be a total MESS.

idol

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm just gonna post here instead of remaking this thread- I need help with this UST too- It's the Love10 ust.
(here)
There's a lot I dont know how to fix ;_;'

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm just gonna post here instead of remaking this thread- I need help with this UST too- It's the Love10 ust.
(here)
There's a lot I dont know how to fix ;_;'
Oh I used that yesterday. Whatdo you need help with?

idol

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Oh I used that yesterday. Whatdo you need help with?
What to replace some of the sounds with- I don't have all the sounds listed ;_; i could show you what i'm missing and what i have if that helps?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
What to replace some of the sounds with- I don't have all the sounds listed ;_; i could show you what i'm missing and what i have if that helps?
Hm, tbh I didn't really do anything with certain sounds like breaths since they weren't really vital and didn't change much about the song.. But I don't know why particular sounds you're talking about, so some images would help..

idol

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hm, tbh I didn't really do anything with certain sounds like breaths since they weren't really vital and didn't change much about the song.. But I don't know why particular sounds you're talking about, so some images would help..
things like
-e k
-b
-a t
- o t
-e t
- i k
- i t
-i s
- u sh
- o k
-n s
- o sh
and a lot with this symbol i cant quite recognize:
mjcM3qH.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, those first ones are VC samples, which are part of a typical Japanese CVVC voicebank.
The second one is actually how "vu" is written, so if you don't have "va vi vu ve vo" the typical substitution is "ba bi bu be bo".

idol

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ah, those first ones are VC samples, which are part of a typical Japanese CVVC voicebank.
The second one is actually how "vu" is written, so if you don't have "va vi vu ve vo" the typical substitution is "ba bi bu be bo".
Ah, thank you for that! What would be good substitutions for those sounds if you can think of any?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Generally, the purpose of adding VCs to an otherwise normally VCV UST is to manipulate the length of the consonant for tuning purposes. You could just remove them. If you hold down the ctrl key and drag on the end of the previous note, you can basically eat up the VC while leaving the timing intact.