Ust help!

novagirl

Teto's Territory
I'm making my first ust of the Mothra song cause Mothra is my fave Japanese monster and love the song they sing to call on Mothra.  I found the midi, the original song, and the lyrics.  I got the first part right and sounds good but it's the rest of the song I'm having trouble with.  Can anyone help me finish it or give me pointers?  In the zip, it has the still work in progress ust, the midi I used, the lyrics, and the original song.

The zip:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=3ac228d399a4aa4c&resid=3AC228D399A4AA4C!133&parid=3AC228D399A4AA4C!127&authkey=!AA1f4OSNKJSiM3o

Here what it sounds like so far:
[cloudset]http://soundcloud.com/jen-beard-1/mothra-song-wip[/cloudset]

The original:
Mothra Theme From Tokyo S.O.S.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mmmkay. I listened to the song and your sample - you're not on the right key. D:

Really, this sounds like a fairly easy song. Does the MIDI have the correct tempo? If so...maybe how USTs work hasn't clicked in your head yet?

Think of it like this. Each 480 length note is a quarter note (at the right tempo for the song). 960 is a half note. 240 is an eigth, 120 a sixteenth. Notes go in units of 60 (though if you want to make something super tiny, generally done for english things, it's easy to make one 15 and the next have 15 less than what it's 60 multiple value should be). Nearly all songs are rhythmical and follow a pattern at the correct tempo. Here's a screenshot of a UST.

o8cart.png

Have you ever noticed how UTAU is broken down into 4 part measures? The darker line seperated measures and the thinner ones seperate the quarter notes/480s. And also notice how this song, like most, follows a pattern - in this song, 240s and 480s, in most songs there will also be 120s. And even though it isn't always on a seperating line perfectly, it still follows the pattern.

Hope that make USTs click better in your head. It's a rhythmic thing, really.