UST's That Need a Revamp

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
What are some old ust's you feel could be up-to-date?

For me

Magnet
Love is War
Daughter/Servant of evil series
Alice Human Sacrifice
ANTI THE∞HOLiC'
Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder
Just Be Friends
KOKORO
Last Night,Good Night
Melt
Juvenile
Saihate
U~Nya~Pu~
Two-Faced Lovers
Uninstall
World is Mine
Spice

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think Two-Faced Lovers is fine - there was a pretty good UST for it released 2-ish years ago (a Teto Ruko cover I think) and since it's such a fast paced songs you can't really pitchbend it.
Just Be Friends got two UST revamps over the past year/two years, so I think it's good too.
And there IS a good ANTI THE HOLiC UST I'm pretty sure, it just is hard to use or on the wrong key or something if I remember correctly.

but yeah

Dancing Samurai definetly, dear god that UST is old, it's on my to-do list.
God Knows...'s UST is ancient, hence I'm revamping it.
Tsuki no Waltz had an iffy UST a millenia ago, on the list.
Heart Beats - I know the current UST sounds all "pretty" and it isn't super old, but gosh it irritates me with how innacurate it is and ignoring the harms and ugh

With songs not on my list...
Disappearance of Hatsune Miku still doesn't have a new UST does it?
Lynne? It's old UST/VSQ was super bland.
Katayoku no Tori's UST is super innacurate.
Alluring Secret ~Black Vow~ too, oh gosh that one is crazy off, it drives me nuts
Imitation Black
Nisoku Hokou
DYE
Sleeping Beauty? Lots of potential in this song.
iNSaNiTY
Tower, I really love this song, a revamped UST would be nice
PoPiPo?

yeah can't think of much

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think most of the old(2008-2011) Vocaloid songs need to have all their usts revamped OTL.

Like:

Fire(insert fancy icon)Flower
Nakimushi Kareshi (It's like...super bland OTL)
Sayonara Memories
A Song I'd Like to Sing
Shiningray (I've yet to find a good ust for this)
Namae no Nai Uta
When First Love Ends
Spica (Gonna do this soon)
Black Rock Shooter
Levan Polka
Light Song
Skeleton Orchestra and Lillia (I don't think there's a ust for this anymore XD)
BadBye

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Panda did a great Sayonara Memories UST.
And the owner of Abraham Quaver did a very nice Spica UST.
And I feel like I've seen good Black Rock Shooter and When the First Love Ends stuff, but maybe they were only edits and not UST releases.

BUT I AGREE
and i like shiningray a lot too, the existing ones are bland beyond belief

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I guess the Sayonara Memories ust was good in it's own right. I mean I used it once and I liked it XD. But I think it could get another ust. I dunno. That was one thing that bounced right off the top of my head for no good reason XD.

*Q* I haven't seen the Spica ust though. I only know the VSQ form and that one other ust where i think...it sounded really lifelike but only worked for a select few utaus. I know I've seen really good BRS and First Love Ends edits but the base ust themselves need quite a bit more love XD.

I remembered/found more songs that need shiny new usts:
Kasou Kyoku
Mrs Pumpkin's Comical Dream
Gekokujo
Soundless Voice
Proof of Life (needs a ust period)
Starduster (it's a decent ust but it's been 3 years since the original was posted)
Ur-style (last time I saw a ust for this was 2 years ago)
Scissorhands...i think....well....yeah maybe.

I'm just *super* picky about the usts I download. The usts above might be decent in a way but I feel that they weren't really..."simply" tuned to their fullest. //Itsprobablyjustme

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Yo Shinami, i'll help with the sleeping beauty ust * U *

i think:
Black Rock Shooter
Shiningray (I LOVE SO MUCH BUT EWW)
Most of the Night Series. Especially Miku's and Miki's
Ai Dee (it's newer, but the pitchbends....)
Double Lariat
I like you, I love you! (SO BAD. PLZ. SOMEONE)
Platinum Romance (....it's just not a good ust; )
Insanity (I know of no good ust for it)
Ur-style
Nakimushi Kareshi

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wait, so it's been established that these USTs are "bad" (if that's what we're gonna call it) in more than just their tuning/pitchbending right? I honestly don't think a UST should be here because it has "bad" tuning because really, if you don't like it, you can fix it yourself //shot

I mean that can be said for the rest of a UST, but the pitchbends are (imo) the easiest part of UST making, pretty simple the grasp (the basics at least), & can be done with your voice if you're lazy //shot either with UTAlis or Vocalshifter or Melodyne.

& besides, as much as I love fully tuned USTs, ones with no pitchbends are good too, in their own way, because it sort of forces people to do their own thing.

[/rant]

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I've thought about retuning/making my own UST for AiDee, I was so disappointed when I downloaded it.
and actually i really like the current soundless voice ust, it's fantastic with the attention it pays to dynamics and harmonies~

Woah Stormy don't get too upset over this! D:
Most of these aren't here because of bad tuning, but rather innacuracies, a lack of pitchbending totally, or the ones that are there just don't work. Or million part USTs. XD And some even are just really outdated - we've all learned how to better edit in UTAU now and can be much more sophisticated in how we handle notes, harmonies, and pitchbends.

And that statement that "Pitchbends are the easiest thing about UTAU"...I really disagree with that. I know from making USTs that putting down the notes and figuring out timing is very simple, but what makes me take a while in my USTs is pitchbending it fully. It takes a LOT of time to pitchbend if you're going for the best you can make it (I'll include envelope edits in here too).
Sorry if I seem angry retorting that, I'm not really, just slightly miffed that people would think that.

In the end though I like downloading USTs that are pitchbended well - they make me go "holy crud, this person did a fantastic job" and I can plug&play and enjoy myself - when I rarely use other people's USTs, I like not having to edit much. Since I make USTs I get kind of tired of editing USTs of other people when I think they could have done a better job.
When I'm downloading a blank slate UST, it makes me upset how must work I have to put in - by the end I want to release it as my own UST, but I can't.
but yeah
shinami thoughts
everyone has their own reasons for liking certain usts, you have your own, i have mine *shrugs*

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
shinami said:
Yeah, I've thought about retuning/making my own UST for AiDee, I was so disappointed when I downloaded it.
and actually i really like the current soundless voice ust, it's fantastic with the attention it pays to dynamics and harmonies~

Woah Stormy don't get too upset over this! D:
Most of these aren't here because of bad tuning, but rather innacuracies, a lack of pitchbending totally, or the ones that are there just don't work. Or million part USTs. XD And some even are just really outdated - we've all learned how to better edit in UTAU now and can be much more sophisticated in how we handle notes, harmonies, and pitchbends.

And that statement that "Pitchbends are the easiest thing about UTAU"...I really disagree with that. I know from making USTs that putting down the notes and figuring out timing is very simple, but what makes me take a while in my USTs is pitchbending it fully. It takes a LOT of time to pitchbend if you're going for the best you can make it (I'll include envelope edits in here too).
Sorry if I seem angry retorting that, I'm not really, just slightly miffed that people would think that.

In the end though I like downloading USTs that are pitchbended well - they make me go "holy crud, this person did a fantastic job" and I can plug&play and enjoy myself - when I rarely use other people's USTs, I like not having to edit much. Since I make USTs I get kind of tired of editing USTs of other people when I think they could have done a better job.
When I'm downloading a blank slate UST, it makes me upset how must work I have to put in - by the end I want to release it as my own UST, but I can't.
but yeah
shinami thoughts
everyone has their own reasons for liking certain usts, you have your own, i have mine *shrugs*

Okayokay perhaps I should explain myself a bit more. Making a MIDI for a song is one of the hardest things for me. Yes pitchbending takes forever, but attempting to make a MIDI for a song, with all the correct pitches, the correct tempo, & the correct note lengths, could take me MONTHS. I could fully pitchbend a song to the best of my ability in a week tops, but making the rest of the song would take much longer for me than others. So yeah, the way you toss aside the notes & stuff bugs me a bit as well :I

Sure I always appreciate good tuning, but I like being forced to get better at something, like pitchbending.

Okay I just made a huge fuss over this I'm so sorry .-.;; carry on.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, you do MIDI > UST, that explains it. I just do USTs by hand, so it doesn't take me too long since I'm doing it in the UTAU program. But I remember how hard it can be to make a Midi - I tried that once, and dear god it took forever. I even ended up doing half the UST by hand after doing the first verse and chorus by Midi, ugh.
(though as a tip if you're having trouble finding tempos i recommend mixmeister bpm analyzer)

Hmm, a few more I thought up:
Hiraishin, too epic of a song for Masao's to do it justice at all. Especially if you base it on Touyu's cover with his extra harms and epicness.
Sakura no Ame, current one is innacurate and bland
trick art!
Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, Sayonara Memories' less popular "sibling" song
Anger
Comet, innacurate and no harms
Drown and Lost, even Rokurin admitted it was a slight mess long ago
Tsukihane - a tall order, I just want a more organized one with less parts really DX
Yura Yura, the Naruto opening - oh gosh that ust is bad
Nana Nana Miracle Fever Tonight anyone?

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
we're just making lists of songs we want to see revamped ust for stormy;;;
i mean think of all of the mode1 ust that are outdated, or all of the usts that don't even have pitchbends on them period. They're not necessarily bad, but could in fact be revamped

Shinami~ I thought that would go under my Night song category XD

Also~
Freely Tomorrow (Ust doesn't do the song justice: sorry)
Shinkai Shoujo (one is off time, one is in pieces)
My Room Disco Night
Nebula
My Good-bye (I NEED TO REMAKE THIS ONE SO:shades:
Yume No Katachi
Fire Flower
Setsuna Trip (Off time and pitchbends...)
Imitation Black
Acute
Shotgun Lovers
Lolipop Factory
Goodbye to Alice
Mr Music
Iroha Uta
Pantsu Nugeru Mon
Love And Joy
We Are Pop Candy
White Letter

Pretty much every old Sango VSQ that was imported into utau and rendered as is

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Moar!

Fear Garden
Thousand Year Solo
Miracle Paint
Bathroom Garden
Cendrillon
Dear
Don't Say Lazy
Secret After School
Heart Groove
Melancholic
Dream Meltic Halloween

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
TheSnowSongstress said:
Freely Tomorrow (Ust doesn't do the song justice: sorry)

Have you seen this particular UST? I think it does the song justice incredibly well:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15437327