「 UTA nessen 」 - Winter UPCOMING UTAU CONTEST

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
HELLO! So MystSaphyr, Orahi, Nageko and myself will be hosting a UTAU contest coming up!

here is the official contest information video

the contest takes place between the 2nd and 10th of January 2016 (so in about 3 months)
it is a single round contest where users competing post a cover song or original song using one or multiple UTAU.
Each song entry has to fit one the 3 following themes:

- Beginning - like the beginning of the New Year
- Quiet - like the dead of winter
- Bitter - like a cold winters night

each entry will be judged on mixing, vocal usage/choice, and song choice
additional points will be given to those who's songs best match the theme they have chosen
a small amount of points will be give to those who give a more creative approach to their entry (ex. original songs, PVs illustrations, etc)

our 4 judges are:

- Myst: voicer of Aiko Kikyuune and head of UTAUXYZ
- Orahi: popular for their MMD models of Vocaloid, UTAU, and ChipSpeech
- Nageko: known for their art for Vocaloid/UTAU albums and PVs
- Sánge: voicer of Juni Ginkuro and head of he UTAU circle OVERSEAS_BEASTS

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and are as follows:

- 1st Place: LP OS-6LIN styled MMD model by Orahi and Shiva of any UTAU of your choosing, and 2 full illustrations by Nageko
- 2nd: a full illustration by Nageko, and a UST of any song of your choosing tuned by Uru
- 3rd: a chibi illustration by Nageko, and a UST of any song of your choosing tuned by Uru

songs with material deemed offensive or profane will be disqualified
stolen works or plagiarism will lead to disqualification
all submissions must be entered between 2nd and 10th of January
all submissions must be sent to UTA nessen's Twitter [@UTAnessen] to be judged
Submissions that have not been sent to @UTAnessen on twitter or after the 10th will not be judged

also to explain why submissions must be sent to Twitter, unfortunately YouTube's tag system is very poor and makes it very hard to track contest entries so to make sure that every entry to logged!

If you have any questions about the contest please do ask~
Thank you and good luck

P

Pupunee

Sounds very cool contest!

Any UTAU VB is fine to use, right?

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yep, any UTAU is fine!
We're looking forward to everyone's entries! January is a long time to wait hhhhh;;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm curious, will this contest be advertised on Nico or to any other communities? I imagine you'll accept any entry sent by Twitter, is only fair, but I'm curious if the Japanese UTAU community will be told haha. ;;

Also, are people allowed to post progresses? And having a combination of content (how to word hmmm, say I want to do a PV and commission art from someone for the PV, and maybe have a friend help with the mix for example) that isn't 100% only you is fine right? Of course if it was a major collab splitting the prize is only fair but I imagine collaboration minor and major is alright?

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
I'm curious, will this contest be advertised on Nico or to any other communities? I imagine you'll accept any entry sent by Twitter, is only fair, but I'm curious if the Japanese UTAU community will be told haha. ;;

Also, are people allowed to post progresses? And having a combination of content (how to word hmmm, say I want to do a PV and commission art from someone for the PV, and maybe have a friend help with the mix for example) that isn't 100% only you is fine right? Of course if it was a major collab splitting the prize is only fair but I imagine collaboration minor and major is alright?

Anyone from any fandom can enter the contest. I might post a mirror on NND soon, I'd just have to translate and such.
You can post progress
You can work with as many people as you like however the prize will still be the same

SakiS

Teto's Territory
Hi, I'm curious about something. When you say that "vocal usage/choice" what would give you more points, quality over originality or viceversa?

That means, would we have the more possibilites with a well-tunned and very known/used utau like Meiji or Ritsu or with an unknown, average UTAU that's well tunned and sounds nice overall? (Even though it may not sound as great as many famous UTAUs).

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
no rather its in reference to things like say if you use a very soft whisper voice for a very loud rock song and the vocal cannot be heard, that's an example of bad choice. As for using popular or well known UTAU that will not give you any points or preference. usage/choice refers to if the vocal is suiting of the song, tuning, etc stuff of that nature

SakiS

Teto's Territory
I see. Thank you very much! That's very informative. I guess the type of voicebank (CV, VCV, etc) doesn't give any preference either as long as it's well otoini'ed, right?

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
I see. Thank you very much! That's very informative. I guess the type of voicebank (CV, VCV, etc) doesn't give any preference either as long as it's well otoini'ed, right?

yup CV, VCV, CVVC, or VCCV doesn't matter~ You're free to use any type of bank

Taikutsu-namake

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
May i take part in two different entries? Two of my friends are wanting to enter and use my art, And i'd really like to do so with both of them. I'd also like to do my own entry!

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Sounds awesome! I wanted to ask, can I just tag my entry here? I don't have a twitter of my own and my parents get pretty with that sort of thing...

Last edited:

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
Sounds awesome! I wanted to ask, can I just tag my entry here? I don't have a twitter of my own and my parents get pretty with that sort of thing...

that should be fine! Just be extra sure to make sure we're notified

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounds like fun!

Quick question: can the entries be started now, or can they only be worked on between the 2nd and 10th of January?

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
Sounds like fun!

Quick question: can the entries be started now, or can they only be worked on between the 2nd and 10th of January?

you can start now, the reason we posted this video so early is to give contestants ample time to create their entries. the 2nd to 10th is solely the time frame of submission~

Reactions: Tema