UtaForum 4.0: Readying to Leave Beta™

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Hentai, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Zarsla

Zarsla ENG-JPN UTAU User Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm not sure if this is just my account or the forum overall but, I found that I can add my twitter account but I can not add my google one.Can this be fixed anytime, soon?

2. RockloudHakaine

RockloudHakaine Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Same @Zarsla ! I hope it gets fixed soon!

3. Zarsla

Zarsla ENG-JPN UTAU User Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
  4. RockloudHakaine

RockloudHakaine Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Yup, I was the first one to test it when Hentai posted it yesterday!

5. Hentai

Hentai Forum Theming Guy Administrator Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Changelog:
    • Fixed Google+ & Facebook Integration
    • Major Showcase Plugin Update
    • Resource Manager Conversion
    • Opened Defoko Skin Contest
    • Other Backend Changes

With the release of Showcase 2.2.0 we are one step closer to release. Along with a new look it includes some new features which I look forward to using in the future. Formal rules for Showcase still need to be finalized but it is something the staff will be discussing over the course of the coming week. Look forward to new features like filters and custom field searching.

Beyond Showcase we implemented an add-on for an add-on allowing us to convert existing threads to Resource Manager resources. Going back through the Tutorials and Resources directory I have successfully imported all of our old tutorials into the Resource Manager system. UtaForum now has +30 Tutorials & Guides and a dozen different reclists and Recording Resources.

Documentation on the upcoming Skin Development System has been added to the Skin Dev Subforum. Care for the stickies for the info and feel free to forward me any questions and concerns. With the rules finalized we have also opened up the Defoko Skin Contest and are awaiting at least one more entry beyond the existing 2 to begin voting.

Beyond the visible there have been a host of new backend plugins added, most related to the points, ranks, and promotion subsystems recently implimented.

[​IMG]

On other news we have received 3 backers via PayPal/UtaForum HQ and counting their contributions along with previous Kickstarter funds we have $65 in available in our warchest. If we can raise another $25 we should have enough for a lifetime licence of Credits Premium and the new points systems outlined earlier in the thread.

Special thanks to @Cheesesum, @Adlez27, & @Uchuu whom have contributed and have been awarded Supporter status along with "[K] of Honor" and "Purple Heart" medals.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Uchuu likes this.
  6. Uchuu

Uchuu CeVIO Enthusiast Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Ok! I donated the remaining $25 so we can head on out of Beta soon! :D
    EDIT: 100th Post!~

7. Hentai

Trophy Points
    Thanks for everyone's contributions!

Points system implemented.

8. samth1815

samth1815 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Woohoo, looks like we're out of beta! Hey, has the User Essentials been implemented yet? I'm really looking forward to that!~

9. moonst4r

moonst4r Witch of the Night Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Huh, I got some UtaBucks. Were the Kickstarter awards already given out?

10. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    I think so, considering I've got all 6 of my tokens o3o

11. moonst4r

Trophy Points
    Hm, I contributed to the Kickstarter and nothing for me yet.

12. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    Maybe it's only the paypal people who have it...?

13. moonst4r

Trophy Points
    Ah, maybe that's it. I donated through the Kickstarter rather than Paypal.

14. _caustic_

_caustic_ Sanely Insane. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    bye MyBB utaforum...you will be missed...

15. samth1815

samth1815 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I see some people have them, but I have some Utabucks but I didn't donate. (I wanted to, but time got away from me sob)

16. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    UtaBucks are a currency you get from posting and doing general forum activities~ Tokens are for donating ouo

17. WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper (>☉ ͡ヮ☉<) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Whoa, I didn't even notice the url change. I guess the thing that made me think that things happened/the official move was when I noticed that I was logged out.

Looking at my Utabucks, I don't have much because I didn't donate. I think it's a good thing that minimal amounts of Utabucks are given for everyday posting and stuff: It gives people who can't donate while preventing spam/farming.

Umbreon126 likes this.
  18. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    You don't get them by donating; you get tokens for that :P

WendytheCreeper likes this.
  19. WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper (>☉ ͡ヮ☉<) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well damn. Guess that's how it goes.

20. Hentai

Trophy Points
    UtaBucks = General Forum Activity
    Almost everything from reading threads to having your thread read will earn you a small amount of UtaBucks. You get Bucks for logging in, you get bucks for achievements, almost every action you do in UtaForum will earn you UtaBucks. Literally everything you do (on specific sub-boards) will earn you some amount of UtaBucks. These bucks can be spent on a variety of coming features from a yet-to-be-implemented shop to the "UtaBuck Exchange" where you can exchange your UtaBucks for Tokens at a yet-to-be-finalized exchange rate.

Tokens = Premium Forum Currency
    Tokens or "Style Voting System Tokens" as their formal name is defined is the forum's premium currency. There are a variety of ways to earn them first and probably easiest method being donating to help us maintain the board, other methods include participating in community sponsored events, and of course exchanging your UtaBucks for tokens. The Tokens will have a variety of planned uses first and foremost being the Style Voting System but beyond their namesake I hope the community finds other uses for Tokens beyond the official one.

Personally I have plans to revamp UTAU.me and offer a variety of services (web design, subdomains, web hosting, etc.) to the community in exchange for Tokens. Not only will I get more voting power (yay!) but it would allow people who can't contribute monetarily to UtaForum to indirectly support us by adding additional "value" to our otherwise fake currency. I sorta imagined it eventually becoming a more worthless version of dA points, being used as currency for commissions or whatever except without a dumb "premium" account system that turned some users into second class citizens.

As for Kickstarter rewards they have yet to be issued but we are planning to issue the "Backer Survey" before the months end and hand out all backer rewards links, tokens, etc. before our official launch. We are still technically in "beta" and I was sorta using @Uchuu and all our UtaForum HQ/PayPal backers a guinea pigs to make sure the new forum systems (medals, tokens, usegroups, etc.) all worked fine before we implemented it en-mass to our Kickstarter backers.

But yes, MyBB is dead, RIP MyBB. Welcome our new XenForo overlords. We are making good progress and hopefully we will be able to leave beta soon