UtaForum 4.0: Readying to Leave Beta™

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Hentai, Sep 1, 2014.

1. _caustic_

_caustic_ Double-crossed Lunatic Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    lol, It sounds like your happy to be moving off MyBB... XenForo is love, XenForo is life.

2. etherealfrost

etherealfrost Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Um...will there be other appearance settings? The white text on black background reaaallly feels bad on my eyes. :C

3. orahi_shiro

orahi_shiro Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I've just seen that now beta.utaforum.net redirects to utaforum.net so, does this mean that Utaforum 4.0 has officially left beta? (and tbh I'm quite happy that MyBB/utaforum 3.0 is now off because it was starting to be invaded by spam bots in all threads owo')

Congrats on all staff for this nice upgrade!

4. Hentai

Hentai Forum Theming Guy Administrator Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    @etherealfrost A light theme is already on the roadmap and in production... Though for the record, its light grey text on dark dark grey background. Only amateurs use FFFFFF on 000000, if I used those colors I assure you the page would be much more eye searing.

@orahi_shiro We are still technically in Beta™. I had to remove the .beta from the URL for licencing reasons when I implemented the currency plugin. The developer is really strict about their licences and you are not allowed to change the domain once installed so I had to move us over a bit sooner than planned.

While we are close to leaving Beta™ there are a handful of things that still need to be taken care of:
    • Create a "Light" alternate theme.
    • Finalize the Defoko Default theme.
    • Issue backer survey and dispense Kickstarter rewards.
    • Compile final accounting of plugins and add-ons licensed thus far.
    • Finish bug-testing and finalize aspects of the 'Credits Premium' plugin.
    • Implement "Shop Framework" for UtaBucks currency.
    There are more things I would like to implement but those can wait until after we launch. For the beta period however I would like to take care of all of the above. Polish our existing core features before adding any more new ones. That being said I am always open to suggestions so if you would like to see something added to UtaForum 4.0 that isn't already on my roadmap please make a thread on the Support & Feedback section.

Also if you would like to help with #2, the "Finalize Default Theme" bullet point I need AT LEAST one more entry on Art Contest: Defoko Skin (Dark) before I can set a date to close the contest and the staff can begin voting. Everyone that enters will receive a "Participation Medal" and at least one Voting Token, with additional Tokens being issued for each vote received.

orahi_shiro, Uchuu and Tema like this.
  5. samth1815

samth1815 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    @Hentai is it too late to donate? I still really want to ;A;

6. Hentai

Trophy Points
    Whooo~ we are going through my punch list a bit faster than expected!

With @lumelya's entry into Art Contest: Defoko Skin (Dark) we now have enough entries to close and begin voting. Its not closing immediately to allow for pending entries to finish but we are on track to have a winner and have the Defoko Default skin finalized by month's end. The contest closes September 28 so there is still five days to enter, its not too late!

As per @etherealfrost's request I have made a "light" theme available early for testing/feedback. If you expected Defoko again you are sorely mistaken. All anyone requested was a light theme, no one specified which UTAU they wanted it built around so since I had some assets created already... I present to you Emperor of the Rising Sun feat. the best UTAU ever made.

Again, this "light" theme is still in development, I haven't finalized all the colors and it still has some visual bugs that I need to work out but for the most part it is functional and should serve as a stopgap for those of you who do not like the darker default theme. Honestly I prefer darker themes myself but for reasons you will see once you load it, the new theme is growing on me.

@samth1815 You can still contribute to UtaForum via PayPal/UtaForum HQ for the remainder of the beta period. Once we leave Beta™, sometime within the next two weeks, we will close contributions while we finish our accounting and depending on our war chest the staff will discuss if we would like to keep donations open afterwards. No matter what we decide then the only way you can earn the exclusive Medal of Honor is if you contribute during our Beta™ period.

Also I spent a lot of the last 2 days completely revamping our Tutorials and Resource Directory prefixing the threads and converting them into Resource assets. I highly recommend everyone check out our now brimming full of content Resource Manager and tell me what you think of this feature. This plugin costs us $15/year to renew so do you think it is worth?

7. Agatechlo

Agatechlo mmhmm yeah Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    In the resource manager, is there a place for UTAU plugins? I have what I'd call a "helper app" - not a plugin per se, but another small window with buttons to play & stop all open instances of UTAU in sync. It does the same thing as the plugin that's available, but I found that the plugin doesn't work if you don't have Japanese locale set, which I can't do, so I wrote the app that does work.

8. samth1815

samth1815 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    @Hentai ok! I'll be sure to donate this week.

Agatechlo likes this.
  9. Hentai

Trophy Points
    I added a Software & Plugins section to the resource manager to match the appropriate download subforum.

Agatechlo likes this.
  10. WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper (>☉ ͡ヮ☉<) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Ahhh yes, the light theme is...beautiful.

But no seriously, it's a lot easier on the eyes and I feel more awake when I'm using it! Though it's not perfect yet(since it's still in dev), I might switch back to the dark theme due to some color nitpicky things because I'm rather nitpicky since that's what I do.

11. Hentai

Trophy Points
    I will just leave this here while I go pass out. 6:30 AM and am way to tired to do a text post after recording this video that I promised to get to Myst by... last night.

comet3 and Agatechlo like this.
  12. orahi_shiro

orahi_shiro Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm the first starting from the end on the contest so I deserve the You Tried badge
    Next time I'll do better, I swear. Σ(´∀`;) Also, congratulations to @Genosan and @lumelya for winning!

And well, it's nice to hear that utaForum is going to leave from beta really soon and that everything is going as planned!

WendytheCreeper likes this.
  13. WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper (>☉ ͡ヮ☉<) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    There should be a countdown clock : P

14. Pokefan2012

Pokefan2012 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Ooh, how exciting :D

15. IrisFlower

IrisFlower Precious Flower with Thorns Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Awesome stuff, Hentai~! Keep up the good work and try not to kill yourself doing it please ;; Get some rest.

So will you be handing out the medals and what not for donating via Paypal after we leave beta? Cause I donated after you gave them out the first time lol Aaahh wait...do we still get them in the first place? I think that's a more important question. xD

16. Hentai

Trophy Points
    @IrisFlower I issued the rewards to the last of the PayPal contributors. If anyone is missing any of their tokens or medals do notify me.

@Agatechlo I will issue to Kickstarter rewards as soon as I get the survey responses and confirm everyone's usernames, credit names, and credit link URLs. Hope to have them issued to everyone before "launch" in November.

IrisFlower and Agatechlo like this.
  17. IrisFlower

IrisFlower Precious Flower with Thorns Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    /justnoticedIgotem

Ahhh Thanks~! ;u;