UTAU 4.00!

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Halo link said:
If you have Shareware, please be advised that the \"A\" toggle button in the bottom left is not only an auto VCV plugin, but it works as a prefix map application tool (so if you have CV it will detect your prefix map and apply it as well as showing you what it's using), and also works for romaji encoded VCV. That's right. Romaji VCV.
wow guess who's UTAU's first VCV bank isn't nearly as pointlessly oto'd anymore

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
If you have Shareware, please be advised that the \"A\" toggle button in the bottom left is not only an auto VCV plugin, but it works as a prefix map application tool (so if you have CV it will detect your prefix map and apply it as well as showing you what it's using), and also works for romaji encoded VCV. That's right. Romaji VCV.

Anyway, if you don't have shareware it would be best to revert to 0.4.12 for now.
Shareware?

deactivated

Teto's Territory
It could be possible prefix map is a shareware only feature now? idk. I didn't quite understand Halo's comment about that...

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Princess Aleks link said:
It could be possible prefix map is a shareware only feature now? idk. I didn't quite understand Halo's comment about that...

That would really stink if that's true...and it doesn't seem fair to take something that everyone has been able to use and then suddenly make it shareware only.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Princess Aleks link said:

If that were true I'll keep my 0.2 something version and use that instead.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That would suck, I think that would also hinder the voicebanks...unless they are made specifically to go around this issue...

UTAU 4.12: *WELL FUDGE!* ...nope...

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ummmm Jeremy the sentiment is great and all but I REALLY don't think you should put 4.12 up for public download. That could have really bad repricussions. I say take it down, and if you want to give it out quietly to some people who are close; it's still not really technically acceptable but it's a lot more respectful. and now i feel horrible for even suggesting that it's acceptable but fffff i should shut up

I say people just switch back to 2.76 for now. It's not that bad. Copy/paste new resampler and it's the same thing if you keep plugins. I'm still using it, never upgraded and I'm glad I didn't since all these problems are popping up.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*removes link* I'll just keep that for myself.

I f you want you can just copy/paste the old utau "exe" file from 4.12 to 4.14. All your doing is changing the gui...

...or just install 2.77...but keep both samplers...just in case...

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is all getting really confusing...
I think I'm going to wait it out until the changes stop happening

Anyone know which UTAU version and resampler version it'll be best to stay on until this all blows over? I think I'm on 4.13 right now

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
He just broke Prefix.Map. Don't worry, it's not a personal vendetta against non-shareware users. I'm pretty sure it's on the list of things to fix in 4.15.
Oh, and the romaji VCV thing broke with the latest updates. It now only works on... romaji vowels? I think perhaps it was an unintended side effect. I'm considering bringing it up with someone who can ask Ameya to implement it fully since it already kinda works.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't know about the newer versions, but UTAU version 0.4.11 (which I currently have) has an issue where if you have two notes and no pitchbend between them, UTAU will treat the notes as if they are on the same pitch, disregarding the actual position of the second note. This also happens when the pitchbends have been set to produce an autotune effect.
I would appreciate it if someone can check and tell me whether that has been fixed in the latest update before I install it.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You should update, the issue has been fixed since 4.13 I believe, but certainly it's fixed now. So far no major bugs like that one have come up for me.