UTAU Android App Creating (need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Ok so I wanna make an UTAU app for android
but I will need help with alot of production stuff

for now I have planned out some stuff such as Voicebanks and how to load ust's and save UST's
The app will probably load wsq's (old UTAU project file's) Or maybe it would stick to UST's

And as for the voice bank issue
Well i'm planning to make it similar to the vocaloid ios app
there will be separate apps for each UTAU's (the one's whom helped with this project, their UTAU will have their own app) maybe the voicebank's will be reduced into a .d file such as teto.d . NIAONiao uses this to load the banks and it take's less space

I will need people to help me with development and the layout of the app
and also some people to donate a voice for this default UTAU that's gonna be available for the app
(donation will be left on hold until we have finished the app)

Reactions: Miko_404 and Yobbi

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would love to help as well. Maybe I could help design the icons and stuff.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
i have nothing to offer but i wish you great success with this! (albeit for selfish reasons)

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't know anything about coding, but maybe I could help with art/design/voicing the default?
also I can't turn down a request from somebody with a sexy-ass shizuo avatar

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't know much about coding. Sorry. I can only make icons. Sorry again

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
This might be a totally whole new singing synthesis since the UTAU engine might not be made as small as possible, I'm gonna ask my frineds father to help me create this new engine. I'll try to update as much as possible

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This might be a totally whole new singing synthesis since the UTAU engine might not be made as small as possible, I'm gonna ask my frineds father to help me create this new engine. I'll try to update as much as possible
A new engine sounds cool. I plan to make my own engine, but there isn't any tutorials so I'm stuck. xD

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hey! I don't know much about coding or anything but I would love to voice one of the default banks if possible! I could also help with beta testing (if I'm allowed to do that on my brothers tablet).

I can voice banks that are Japanese, English, Spanish and I can really badly do French banks.

rainbowpawa

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO DECIDE MAKING THIS!

I do take computer studies, but not as advanced as you :I

I take ICT classes, which only cover the basis.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I'd love to help! I know my way around Java and Android stuff, but I'm no expert. I am no good with C++. As for the app, will it be open-source? free but closed source? paid?

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
My organized thoughts on how installing voicebanks and USTs could work, You would need to create a website for the app.
  • Upload your voicebank from the desktop site, and access it through the app (with an account to access your private voicebanks)
  • To send a voicebank to the app, simply upload the zip/rar file, Fill out the voice bank information (Public or private, Name, Gender, Range, Act, Append(if applicable), Language, VCV or CV or other(specify), Alias, and Encoding), Type some search tags, Choose a thumbnail, and Upload a preview song (1 min or less).
  • You can make it public, or keep it for yourself.
  • public voicebanks can be browsed in a gallery in the app by Name, Genre, Gender, Append, tags, etc.
  • One tap to play the preview song, press for 5 seconds to install. it will ask if you are sure.
  • double-tapping will bring you to the voicebanks information page, where you can easily go back with an arrow!
  • when you want to use a certain voice bank, go to your voicebank library, and drag the voicebank to the bottom of the page, the main interface will open up and you can use the voicebank. simply go back to the gallery and repeat to change voicebanks.
  • single-tapping it in your library still plays the preview, and double tapping still shows info, but holding it down for five seconds deletes it from your library. it will ask if you are sure.
  • You can also upload USTs, which are pretty important.
  • to send a UST to the app, go to the UST page of the website, and upload the UST file, not in a zip. Fill out the information (Public or Private, Song Title, Genre, Range, Language, VCV or CV or other(specify), Hiragana or romaji(if applicable), And number of singers), add tags, and upload a preview. UST thumbnails are just a square with the name of the song, so you don't need to choose one.
  • You can also browse UST's in the same way as voicebanks, one-tap to preview, double-tap for info, and hold to install.
  • You also have a UST library, with the same controls as the voicebank library.
  • Also, when you upload a voicebank/UST, it is sent straight to your voicebank/UST library, so you can use it right away.
  • You don't need internet to use the app, only when browsing Voicebanks and USTs
Also, PLEASE make it for iPhone, not just android! I couldn't live knowing there is an UTAU app and i can't use it!

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Hey! I don't know much about coding or anything but I would love to voice one of the default banks if possible! I could also help with beta testing (if I'm allowed to do that on my brothers tablet).

I can voice banks that are Japanese, English, Spanish and I can really badly do French banks.
That would be lovely, we will have to record the bank once the app is actually done and have users start off with this UTAU (her name might be UnI)

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO DECIDE MAKING THIS!

I do take computer studies, but not as advanced as you :I

I take ICT classes, which only cover the basis.
We will be needing as much help as possible to make this app totally come true ^^

I'd love to help! I know my way around Java and Android stuff, but I'm no expert. I am no good with C++. As for the app, will it be open-source? free but closed source? paid?
That is a question that my dear friend at school asked me ^^, the app will be open sourced and not paid, mainly because UTAU is not owned by me ^^. If I decide to make another vocal engine I might make it paid, but more likely it'll be Free to use ^^ so no need to worry to pay for the app, if the app is ever made and you see someone making money out of it, I would love it if you could ask them to take it down ^^.

My organized thoughts on how installing voicebanks and USTs could work, You would need to create a website for the app.
  • Upload your voicebank from the desktop site, and access it through the app (with an account to access your private voicebanks)
  • To send a voicebank to the app, simply upload the zip/rar file, Fill out the voice bank information (Public or private, Name, Gender, Range, Act, Append(if applicable), Language, VCV or CV or other(specify), Alias, and Encoding), Type some search tags, Choose a thumbnail, and Upload a preview song (1 min or less).
  • public voicebanks can be browsed in a gallery in the app by Name, Genre, Gender, Append, tags, etc.
  • One tap to play the preview song, press for 5 seconds to install. it will ask if you are sure.
  • double-tapping will bring you to the voicebanks information page, where you can easily go back with an arrow!
  • when you want to use a certain voice bank, go to your voicebank library, and drag the voicebank to the bottom of the page, the main interface will open up and you can use the voicebank. simply go back to the gallery and repeat to change voicebanks.
  • single-tapping it in your library still plays the preview, and double tapping still shows info, but holding it down for five seconds deletes it from your library. it will ask if you are sure.
  • to send a UST to the app, go to the UST page of the website, and upload the UST file, not in a zip. Fill out the information (Public or Private, Song Title, Genre, Range, Language, VCV or CV or other(specify), Hiragana or romaji(if applicable), And number of singers), add tags, and upload a preview. UST thumbnails are just a square with the name of the song, so you don't need to choose one.
  • You can also browse UST's in the same way as voicebanks, one-tap to preview, double-tap for info, and hold to install.
  • Also, when you upload a voicebank/UST, it is sent straight to your voicebank/UST library, so you can use it right away.
  • You don't need internet to use the app, only when browsing Voicebanks and USTs
Also, PLEASE make it for iPhone, not just android! I couldn't live knowing there is an UTAU app and i can't use it!
This is a really great way on how voicebanks and USTs could be loaded on the app, but the main problem is that it could take up alot of space on the cellphone and tablet unless if it remains on the zip file and let the app open the zip without extracting the contents on to the hard drive, the other problem might be the website, won't I have to pay to keep it up and running? Honestly this is the most suitable idea, I could try to find another way to browse banks and UST's at the phone, maybe you could just put the vb and ust into the cellphone hard drive just by connecting your cell/tab to the tablet? or maybe by downloading it via cell and tab? either way I might need to find a solution for this ^^. I am deeply sorry, I will not only make this app for the android devices, but also it will be available for iPhone device's too ^^

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko

The website idea sounds pretty nice. Here's a thought: voicebank "streaming". Rather than having to download an entire voicebank on a phone (which can be limited on space), just download the required files from the cloud as their needed, while you work. For example, I would add a note with the lyric property "a". I then add a new note. When I add the new note, the application would automatically start downloading the sample for "a".

Having a cloud sharing service for projects sounds pretty nice too. I really like the whole social, cloud-based idea. Speaking of social, it would be REALLY nice to have integration to upload your result to e.g. SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.

As for editing, Take advantage of the touch screen. You could easily draw pitch bends right over the piano roll.

However, your idea for having to tap, double tap, or hold down the tile for whatever sounds counter-intuitive. It'd be better to have two seprate buttons for sample, more information, and install. to delete, it makes more sense to just swipe the card away (like Android does with quite a few other things).

As for making an iPhone app, that would be harder because of the closed ecosystem ("walled garden") approach Apple uses for iOS apps. In order to develop for iOS, you have to aquire a licence, which costs a bit of money, and then you need to make it past the pesky limitations Apple imposes, worst for this app would be the lack of a "normal" file system, as you need to have the app able to store projects, and more importantly, the resampler cache.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427691847][/DOUBLEPOST]It's still to early to think about this, though. The first, and hardest, thing we need to do is get a resampler up and running on Android. From there we could make a simple piano roll interface. Than, work on saving and loading .UST files (or whatever file we are going to use). After we get the base working and all the bugs ironed out, we then can worry on the smaller features.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
The website idea sounds pretty nice. Here's a thought: voicebank "streaming". Rather than having to download an entire voicebank on a phone (which can be limited on space), just download the required files from the cloud as their needed, while you work. For example, I would add a note with the lyric property "a". I then add a new note. When I add the new note, the application would automatically start downloading the sample for "a".

Having a cloud sharing service for projects sounds pretty nice too. I really like the whole social, cloud-based idea. Speaking of social, it would be REALLY nice to have integration to upload your result to e.g. SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.

As for editing, Take advantage of the touch screen. You could easily draw pitch bends right over the piano roll.

However, your idea for having to tap, double tap, or hold down the tile for whatever sounds counter-intuitive. It'd be better to have two seprate buttons for sample, more information, and install. to delete, it makes more sense to just swipe the card away (like Android does with quite a few other things).

As for making an iPhone app, that would be harder because of the closed ecosystem ("walled garden") approach Apple uses for iOS apps. In order to develop for iOS, you have to aquire a licence, which costs a bit of money, and then you need to make it past the pesky limitations Apple imposes, worst for this app would be the lack of a "normal" file system, as you need to have the app able to store projects, and more importantly, the resampler cache.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427691847][/DOUBLEPOST]It's still to early to think about this, though. The first, and hardest, thing we need to do is get a resampler up and running on Android. From there we could make a simple piano roll interface. Than, work on saving and loading .UST files (or whatever file we are going to use). After we get the base working and all the bugs ironed out, we then can worry on the smaller features.
I will open the VOCALOID Ipad app and see how it's structured, I will also try to make a mini resampler for the app to work on, I will ask my friends father to help me out to make a miniature resamp for the app and structure the piano roll

Status
Not open for further replies.