UTAU Android App Creating (need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I think it be nice to perhaps make a GitHub repo for the project (once we have code, of course). that way you could keep track of commits and whatnot. It would also be easier for other people to help you make this app.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
I think it be nice to perhaps make a GitHub repo for the project (once we have code, of course). that way you could keep track of commits and whatnot. It would also be easier for other people to help you make this app.
I have never used nor heard of github but with research it is a great idea to make one, I will ask as much help as possible, for now what we all have to worry 'bout is the resampler and the interface (it will take time for me to reply since I'm still in highschool TT^TT) But I will do my best to do my part of the project

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
You've never heard of GitHub? wow. But I wouldn't worry about the interface so much just yet. Just trying to port a resampler (probably world4utau, because it's GPL'd) will be job #1. This will prove tricky as they resamplers are command-line-based and probably written in c++. It might be a brighter idea just to build a resampler from scratch, as to work around the limitations of a mobile device (Android permissions, Java, etc). In that case, you might as well not call it UTAU, but something else. As for GUI I'd just make a tester ui until the resampler works good. Than you could build the nice, Material-UI interface of your dreams without having to debug a resampler at the same time. Just my thoughts.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
You've never heard of GitHub? wow. But I wouldn't worry about the interface so much just yet. Just trying to port a resampler (probably world4utau, because it's GPL'd) will be job #1. This will prove tricky as they resamplers are command-line-based and probably written in c++. It might be a brighter idea just to build a resampler from scratch, as to work around the limitations of a mobile device (Android permissions, Java, etc). In that case, you might as well not call it UTAU, but something else. As for GUI I'd just make a tester ui until the resampler works good. Than you could build the nice, Material-UI interface of your dreams without having to debug a resampler at the same time. Just my thoughts.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, If I were to make a whole new resampler I can name it something else since it will run on a whole new engine. Thanks for stating it ^^ I will keep this in mind

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Yea! thats a good idea! Only download the samples as you need them! Youtube/soundcloud integration would be pretty important! And yea, i guess that tapping thing is kinda silly, buttons would work far better. Also, i though of a basic design for the interface!

UTAU_android_app_design.png

sure, it's not pretty, but i thought it would be a good starting point! most of the stuff here should be pretty familiar, clicking the UST or VOICE LIB buttons lets you switch USTs or voicebanks! Clicking save UST saves it to your gallery, and Export wav lets you save the rendered .wav in a few different ways. first, you can email youself the rendered file, and recieve it on your computer. or you could upload it to youtube, which it will then prompt you to log in, and pick an image for the video. And third, you can post it to soundcloud, it will prompt you to log in, and then you can post it!

The squiggles are the pitchbends, and you go into pitchbend mode by tapping the little button in the corner with the squiggles. The "no" symbol lets you erase pitchbends, which means it flattens them back to normal.

The note input method would be pretty much the same as UTAU, the pen lets you draw notes, and the arrow lets you move them around. You type stuff into the text box and insert it into the piano roll! and i just realized as i'm typing this, i forgot to add in "insert note" and "replace note" buttons! Just pretend they're there somewhere! >_<

you can scroll along the piano roll with the scroll bar at the bottom, and you can see the names of the notes as you insert them. Like UTAU, it will only play the selected notes, and you select the notes by tapping and dragging, like when your selecting multiple files on your desktop! Once the whole song has been played (or rendered), then you can export it!

Hope you liked my little idea for the layout! (Trust me, when it's done, it'll look ALOT better, this is like a rough draft :smile:)

And thats too bad about the iphone :sad: Well, i'll see if i can s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶ borrow my friends Android when the app is done! :smile:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Yea! thats a good idea! Only download the samples as you need them! Youtube/soundcloud integration would be pretty important! And yea, i guess that tapping thing is kinda silly, buttons would work far better. Also, i though of a basic design for the interface!

UTAU_android_app_design.png

sure, it's not pretty, but i thought it would be a good starting point! most of the stuff here should be pretty familiar, clicking the UST or VOICE LIB buttons lets you switch USTs or voicebanks! Clicking save UST saves it to your gallery, and Export wav lets you save the rendered .wav in a few different ways. first, you can email youself the rendered file, and recieve it on your computer. or you could upload it to youtube, which it will then prompt you to log in, and pick an image for the video. And third, you can post it to soundcloud, it will prompt you to log in, and then you can post it!

The squiggles are the pitchbends, and you go into pitchbend mode by tapping the little button in the corner with the squiggles. The "no" symbol lets you erase pitchbends, which means it flattens them back to normal.

The note input method would be pretty much the same as UTAU, the pen lets you draw notes, and the arrow lets you move them around. You type stuff into the text box and insert it into the piano roll! and i just realized as i'm typing this, i forgot to add in "insert note" and "replace note" buttons! Just pretend they're there somewhere! >_<

you can scroll along the piano roll with the scroll bar at the bottom, and you can see the names of the notes as you insert them. Like UTAU, it will only play the selected notes, and you select the notes by tapping and dragging, like when your selecting multiple files on your desktop! Once the whole song has been played (or rendered), then you can export it!

Hope you liked my little idea for the layout! (Trust me, when it's done, it'll look ALOT better, this is like a rough draft :smile:)

And thats too bad about the iphone :sad: Well, i'll see if i can s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶ borrow my friends Android when the app is done! :smile:
Not too bad! Maybe I should work on a better mockup. But this should surely get the ball rolling!

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I really love how this is coming along and how you are really trying. I love the idea of streaming and a cloud because it can bring us fans closer together in a sense. The only problem I have is what you chose for the default UTAUs name. Uni is also the name of a VOCALOID and that could cause a little backlash from her fans. (Backlash always happen when an UTAU is named after Miku, Kaito, SeeU, etc)

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I really love how this is coming along and how you are really trying. I love the idea of streaming and a cloud because it can bring us fans closer together in a sense. The only problem I have is what you chose for the default UTAU name. Uni is also the name of a VOCALOID and that could cause a little backlash from her fans. (Backlash always happen when an UTAU is named after Miku, Kaito, SeeU, etc)

I think it's a little premature to worry about what voice we are going to pack in the app.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
I really love how this is coming along and how you are really trying. I love the idea of streaming and a cloud because it can bring us fans closer together in a sense. The only problem I have is what you chose for the default UTAU name. Uni is also the name of a VOCALOID and that could cause a little backlash from her fans. (Backlash always happen when an UTAU is named after Miku, Kaito, SeeU, etc)
I actually didn't knew that ^^' I picked Uni since it's short for Unity ^^

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Not to micromanage, but has anyone started on (or at least have some ideas about) the resampler? Having a good resampler is essential to making the app work and we can't go anywhere without it running first. I know it's really early, but it just seems everybody's just jumping straight into worrying about things like voicebanks (which is the last thing on the list) and what the UI should look like (on the upside, by the time the core application is working, we will not have to worry about at all). I also get that there aren't very many developers on UtaForum, or interested in Utau in general even. And building a resampler from scratch, on Android at that, is a monster of a job, and I don't think I could do much good myself. Sorry if I sound annoying, I'm just trying to help.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Not to micromanage, but has anyone started on (or at least have some ideas about) the resampler? Having a good resampler is essential to making the app work and we can't go anywhere without it running first. I know it's really early, but it just seems everybody's just jumping straight into worrying about things like voicebanks (which is the last thing on the list) and what the UI should look like (on the upside, by the time the core application is working, we will not have to worry about at all). I also get that there aren't very many developers on UtaForum, or interested in Utau in general even. And building a resampler from scratch, on Android at that, is a monster of a job, and I don't think I could do much good myself. Sorry if I sound annoying, I'm just trying to help.
I aksed my friends father to help me make it and my friend said he started on it, I guess I have to wait on the resamp of the app

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Iv'e actually ported World4utau to android already! Sure enough, it just worked. It was a piece of cake! For now iv'e just got a simple test UI where you can choose a sample file, and enter one lyric and pitch. Not much, but really good start! I'll post the app here, too. To install make sure you have "unknown sources" enabled on your phone, than just open the .apk file on your Android device. It should install. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• UtauAndroid-test.zip
    42.2 KB · Views: 140

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Iv'e actually ported World4utau to android already! Sure enough, it just worked. It was a piece of cake! For now iv'e just got a simple test UI where you can choose a sample file, and enter one lyric and pitch. Not much, but really good start! I'll post the app here, too. To install make sure you have "unknown sources" enabled on your phone, than just open the .apk file on your Android device. It should install. Tell me what you think!
does it work on iOS?

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
I thought of some names for the app!:

AnYoMi (android + you + me)

KaMu (community)

SoLo (soft + loud)

FuFri (fun + free)

Yea, probably dumb, but hopefully they give you some ideas! :smile:

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
what you COULD do is make the app to where if you want to replace the voicebank you can.. Like an online IPA download that allows you to go in the appdata and switch out the voice and art so that anyone can release their voicebanks for it...

iUTAU? lol

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Ok, so I spent about 2 hours trying to get that file to work on my PC, and I thought it would all be worth it. Finally loaded up the file and.... Ok some bodies getting murdered.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
sorry for butting in on this thread.

i'm not a coder myself but yall need to stop caring about the gui and the voices and all that crap.

get your shit together and actually port the resampler.

y'know.

the thing that actually makes utau work.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Ok, so I spent about 2 hours trying to get that file to work on my PC, and I thought it would all be worth it. Finally loaded up the file and.... Ok some bodies getting murdered.
Lol. Happy (late) April fools!
[DOUBLEPOST=1428252402][/DOUBLEPOST]

i'm not a coder myself but yall need to stop caring about the gui and the voices and all that crap.

y'know.

Agreed, but I said this earlier, and not as rude.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Pleas let's not worry for the name or the interface appearance of the app, any more comment's like that will be ignored, I kow that you are trying to help but for now we have to worry of the resampler, my friends father decided to help me out with it, He said himself that he doesn't know how and what make's the resampler, but he'll try his best to do it, if he fails we have to do it ourselfs, he manages to do it, we have to thank him with all our hearts. but please don't worry of the apps name or interface apperance, nor also worry for the apps default voice bank the gender has already been decided, bu that is not what we need to care for right now,

I will leave the designing of the interface to
Pantran

but we will work on this later when we finally imported the resampler to android, Regarding to iOS users
I am sorry, we can not port this apk to ipa, we do not have enough resources to make an iphone version

y'know.

I totally agree but please don't use foul language

does it work on iOS?
Sadly no, we need to get apples approval I beleive, we also don't have alot of resources to make an iOS version, I picked android version (not because I own one) but in android you are free to make any apk's and distribute them without getting a contract and all sort of other complicated stuff.

what you COULD do is make the app to where if you want to replace the voicebank you can.. Like an online IPA download that allows you to go in the appdata and switch out the voice and art so that anyone can release their voicebanks for it...

iUTAU? lol
Sadly we won't be able to port this apk to iOS, and it won't be available for Iphone and Ipad users.

Status
Not open for further replies.