UTAU design contest, win a LipSync model.

Catlione

Teto's Territory
Hello there, UtaForum! I'm just spreading a word about a contest I'm currently holding. Maybe somebody will be interested in it. Here is a link to original post on DeviantArt, but you can also read all contest info in this thread.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---​
You need to design a look/outfit/clothes for my UTAU character Alternative Voice.

The thing is, I've been trying to redesign Alto for a very long time,and if you watch me on deviant art, then you've probably seen that I change her design quite often. But whenever I change it... i don't like. And so over and over again.
So I'm out of ideas, anything I do - I don't like it. Designs for Iiki-chan, my other UTAU character, just pop up in my head, but not Alto's.
I hope to see new and fresh ideas for my dear character!

Prizes:
As a prize you will get a LipSync model of your UTAU or any other original character, if you don't want a lipsync model, I can do just as a chibi drawing or emofuri model.
I can't tell what models exactly you will win, it depends on the entries:
- For example, if I liked your complete design and I'm planning to use it - the prize will be kinda, lets say, big. Maybe +20 aditional frames? Not sure right now.
- If I liked a detail or a certain part of your design, maybe shoes or top, and I'm planning to use this - the prize will be a bit smaller, maybe just a basic model? Also not sure
And so on. We'll see!

About design:
This is a list of themes which I tried to use to design an outfit, but failed everytime:
1) Hipster
2) Boho
3) Grundge
4) 90s
5) There also was an idea to make same outfit as Iiki-chan's, but with little differences.
If you want, you can try to follow these themes too! Or you can do anything else. Her design must somehow show that she is related to vocal synthesizers, UTAU.
These are designs which I've tried already, please keep her blue "doughnut" eyes and colour pattern the same:
takui_ref_by_catlione.jpg

alternative_voice_refenrence_by_catlione-d71x6dl.jpg

alternative_voice_new_design_by_catlione-d89cdun.jpg

alto_and_iiki_by_catlione-d8moo8x.jpg

More about Alternative Voice:
- Simply "Alto", she is my second UTAU character, her voicebank consists of 5 vcv pitches, you can listen to her voice here.
- The idea behind her is that she is an alternative for Iiki-chan's voice.
- She doesn't show emotions, some times can be grumpy, rarely smiles and gets angry very easily, she can start to yell, if somebody doesn't listen her.
- Her main hobby is gardening, it helps her to relax and reduce stress, she can spend hours taking care after her plants and flowers. She owns a tamagotchi, which treats like a real pet (btw, if you want, you can redesign her tamagotchi too).
- She is an android, her body is build to be able to handle any physical damages, she is strong and can lift heavy objects, on other hand, her immune system is kinda weak, so she easily can get a cold.

All I need is an understandable drawing with basic colours, I will not look at your skills, I will look at your design. If you want, you can trace Alto's body from references shown above and to use it as a base for your design.

Deadline is 31 August. You can send me your via PM entry here or DA

Thank you for your attention.

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So she doesn't have a base design? Like her official act design? Cause idk how someone can design an alternate design without seeing her base design...

F

Fuutari Makku

seems interesting ^_^ i'll try to sketch something :smile:
also , does it have to be a full drawing or just a colored sketch is ok? (cause i'm not so good at drawing and it takes me lots of time)

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Whaddya mean failed? Alto's designs (and I've always liked that second one in particular) have always been super cute and unique :wink:

Regardless I think I'll enter because she is one fashionable android, and there's nothing more I like doing that design like that. Are there any limitations on how many entries we can make?

Catlione

Teto's Territory
So she doesn't have a base design? Like her official act design? Cause idk how someone can design an alternate design without seeing her base design...
nope, I just randomly change her design time to time
seems interesting ^_^ i'll try to sketch something :smile:
also , does it have to be a full drawing or just a colored sketch is ok? (cause i'm not so good at drawing and it takes me lots of time)
as you wish!

Whaddya mean failed? Alto's designs (and I've always liked that second one in particular) have always been super cute and unique :wink:

Regardless I think I'll enter because she is one fashionable android, and there's nothing more I like doing that design like that. Are there any limitations on how many entries we can make?

Thanks, but as for me, I never like her design orz Second one brings nice memories, but I never like it *sob*
And there are no limitations

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
well even if you don't pick my design you can still use it because i'm going to do an MMD model for this (Since i can't draw cause i suck) but she seems like a character i would enjoy making an original design for.

Catlione

Teto's Territory
And here I am with a reminder. Deadline is 31 August, and there are already several entries, which can be found in my journal