UTAU design help?

AniraAsIs

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi guys!
So I have two upcoming UTAU.

One's name is Brodie, he's monopitch VCV, here's a sample: https://clyp.it/jn3bub1f
His design is this:
_wip__brodie_by_aniraasis-dayiucw.png

But instead of the jumper it's gonna be a t-shirt with a vest thing over it, the hair's gonna be curlier, wristbands instead of gloves and I'm gonna change the shoes to something, but I'm not sure what. So what do you think of this design? I'm really not sure what to add, but it feels too plain. He hasn't got a full personality yet, but he's sporty, cool and slightly tsundere. Also, he's M4A's boyfriend. (http://utaforum.net/showcase/m4a.313/)

The second UTAU is unnamed and is a bipitch VCV, here's a sample(she was gonna be called Yunpri Sei, but then I dropped it):

She hasn't got a design yet, and I haven't been able to think of one...but I sorta wanna have part of her hair in a plait, like in the sc link. She's a bubbly, friendly sister to M4A. I sorta wanna have a slightly more mature design for her, but I also want it to be "cute" at the same time? It's sorta confusing. But if anyone has any ideas about it, tell me!

AniraAsIs

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi guys!
So I have two upcoming UTAU.

One's name is Brodie, he's monopitch VCV, here's a sample: https://clyp.it/jn3bub1f
His design is this:
_wip__brodie_by_aniraasis-dayiucw.png

But instead of the jumper it's gonna be a t-shirt with a vest thing over it, the hair's gonna be curlier, wristbands instead of gloves and I'm gonna change the shoes to something, but I'm not sure what. So what do you think of this design? I'm really not sure what to add, but it feels too plain. He hasn't got a full personality yet, but he's sporty, cool and slightly tsundere. Also, he's M4A's boyfriend. (http://utaforum.net/showcase/m4a.313/)
The second UTAU is unnamed and is a bipitch VCV, here's a sample(she was gonna be called Yunpri Sei, but then I dropped it):

She hasn't got a design yet, and I haven't been able to think of one...but I sorta wanna have part of her hair in a plait, like in the sc link. She's a bubbly, friendly sister to M4A. I sorta wanna have a slightly more mature design for her, but I also want it to be "cute" at the same time? It's sorta confusing. But if anyone has any ideas about it, tell me!
bump ;-; I'm sorta desperate

Parapa-kun

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I guess you should look for more references of the style you wanna give him, by now, I like the colors you choosed, but I dont see the point of giving him a tie to use over the jumper shirt and also that pink glove... Its color is okay but it looks kinda off to me, try using pinterest to search for references, they have great ones heh

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I agree with previous poster than a pink gloves are little unnecessary for Brodie. I think that tie is would look better without a dark pink-ish(?) round accessory in middle, otherwise I think that he looks all right!

For bi-pitch VCV, I gonna try to sketch something now.

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
it looks okay to me! although he makes me feel like he's the kind of guy who just wears the first thing he can find and call it an outfit :')

the glove i think is fine, but i think it's too... bright of a color? compared to everything else. like i'm not sure where to focus on (the round thing on his tie? the gloves?) maybe a darker color for the glove (like black or maroon), but that's just a suggestion :o

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Howdy! I tried to design something cute and mature at same time but IDK if this is what you're looking for.

If you like, sure you can use this but if not that's fine too: just let me know what you thing!

IMG_1780.JPG

Ps. if you like design but don't like chosen colors and/or wanna add/remove/edit some detail(s) that is fine too: you can change colors and/or details

AniraAsIs

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I guess you should look for more references of the style you wanna give him, by now, I like the colors you choosed, but I dont see the point of giving him a tie to use over the jumper shirt and also that pink glove... Its color is okay but it looks kinda off to me, try using pinterest to search for references, they have great ones heh
I agree with previous poster than a pink gloves are little unnecessary for Brodie. I think that tie is would look better without a dark pink-ish(?) round accessory in middle, otherwise I think that he looks all right!
it looks okay to me! although he makes me feel like he's the kind of guy who just wears the first thing he can find and call it an outfit :')

the glove i think is fine, but i think it's too... bright of a color? compared to everything else. like i'm not sure where to focus on (the round thing on his tie? the gloves?) maybe a darker color for the glove (like black or maroon), but that's just a suggestion :o
Thank you guys! I took your suggestions and got together a sketch of a better design. I got rid of the glove, but decided to keep the button because I wanted him to match with his gf, and they're both really important to that date. (Note: The pink in this sketch is supposed to be the same pink as the button in the original design, and the pants are the same colour too. Also, the picture on the band on his left arm is a rose. Sorry it's so hard to see.)
image_by_aniraasis-db1l63w.jpg
Howdy! I tried to design something cute and mature at same time but IDK if this is what you're looking for.

If you like, sure you can use this but if not that's fine too: just let me know what you thing!

img_1780-jpg.4304
Ps. if you like design but don't like chosen colors and/or wanna add/remove/edit some detail(s) that is fine too: you can change colors and/or details
ooh I do like that design! I hope you don't mind me using it, with some minor changes :smile: