Utau Idols?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I noticed this way more in the Japanese side of the fandom/community, Utau idol groups. I was wondering how other people saw the concept, like if they thought it was cool, how it worked, or if it was like a subgenre of Utau attempting to be Love Live or something lol

I was also curious on how it started, is it something that's a trend or will be a trend, songs that would work well for these kind of groups, the appeal, just any kind of thoughts lol

I personally think it's interesting, plus it's kind of sweet that Utau users would band together to make idol groups, like a unity thing (with maybe three users+utau per group) plus it allows for something new in the community, I think(like style and another branch of songs, especially Utau originals :3)

Last edited:
Reactions: MillyAqualine

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
O^O That Would Be Amazing But, I Don't Have Anyone Willing To Do That With Me (Cause I Am Wayyy To Much Of A Derp)

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Isn't this what the VOCAMERICA type shows and any "chorus" videos are, or can be?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Isn't this what the VOCAMERICA type shows and any "chorus" videos are, or can be?
Oh, I forgot about them..lol,,I just meant I saw the whole idol Utau thing in the Japanese fandom more, (especially in the feminine/female and cutesy variety)like with groups like Project Astrea and Starry, like there are cases where people make choruses and other instances where creators actually pair their Utau with other Utau and make idol groups

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I think Arissa meant multiple utau created with the intent of being an idol group rather than a multiple-singer song/cover.

There were more than a few times idol groups and boy/girl bands were proposed here but of the ones that actually push through, none were very notable as Arissa describes how the Japanese fandom treats them.

Reactions: RenzoA and Arissa

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think Arissa meant multiple utau created with the intent of being an idol group rather than a multiple-singer song/cover.

There were more than a few times idol group and boy/girl bands were proposed here but of the ones that actually push through, none were very notable as Arissa describes how the Japanese fandom treats them.
That Would Be Amazingly Fun To Do OwO

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I've always had the idea of this! I sometimes group the female UTAU I have together to cover K-Pop songs and I named the group Ongaku(but it's written in hangul).