UTAU Is Skipping Rests

KyotoKoto

Momo's Minion
Hello! I am currently a new UTAU user within the community. I have just made a new voicebank and currently working on it. I have everything recorded and such and it usually sings USTs pretty alright.

However, I noticed that it always skips the rests in the USTs. It makes the UTAU go a little faster than usual when playing and makes mixing very difficult. Can someone please help me?

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmm... Try Re-Installing Utau, I Cannot Give You Any Other Advice Sadly :sad:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm assuming for now that you're using PC UTAU. Does the same thing happen with other voicebanks not made by you? What resampler/wavtool are you using? Also, check your settings in Tools > Options > Rendering.

KyotoKoto

Momo's Minion
I'm assuming for now that you're using PC UTAU. Does the same thing happen with other voicebanks not made by you? What resampler/wavtool are you using? Also, check your settings in Tools > Options > Rendering.
Thank for replying very quickly! It does not happen when I am using other voicebanks created by other people. In addition I am only using the regular ones that you obtain when clicking the "Initialize tools" button.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you have any samples in your voicebank named or aliased as "R" it may end up playing those instead of silence, though the timing would still work out in that case...
Maybe it could be an issue with the OTO or with fitting USTs that is throwing the timing off.

KyotoKoto

Momo's Minion
If you have any samples in your voicebank named or aliased as "R" it may end up playing those instead of silence, though the timing would still work out in that case...
Maybe it could be an issue with the OTO or with fitting USTs that is throwing the timing off.
Thank you so much! I found a file named r and realized back then my dumb self thought rests were actual notes and recorded and r. I've removed it and it works perfectly now! Thank you very much!

Reactions: Kiyoteru