UTAU-Journalling: Mixing male and female voices, mixing VCV with CV properly

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Through out this first post I will be placing in spoilers various posts that showcase me mixing CV with VCV, and on a slightly different but equal note, male with female voices.  Many people say CV and VCV don't mix well together cause they don't quite match up in wave-form and therefore the CV sounds out of place, however I don't agree.  Male with female voices, especially with harmonies, just don't seem to work well, but I want to find an alternative solution to making them sound nice without making a male timbre sing an octave higher than intended.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nostraightanswer/mixing-test-blending-vcv-with[/soundcloud]Song:  Radio Wave Addiction
UST: Shinyserebii on YT
UST Editing/UTAU Operation:  nostraightanswer (Kenji-:shades:  (I EDITED THIS UST SO MUCH THE MELODY IS EVEN SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL!)
This is a test I made to attempt to mix both VCV and CVs together without the CV sounding out of place.  I have Rou Kemonone (ACT 2, VCV enabled) on the main volume automation, and my own UTAU, Kenji Baionoto (in ACT 2 CV Open Beta) on the same automation, however with a formula of "input*.92".  This makes Kenji's volume level 92% as loud as whatever volume level Rou's is.  This does NOT effect the wave file as a whole, just how loud Kenji will be compared to Rou.  (If Rou's volume is 100% of the original wavefile + effects, then Kenji's volume will be 92% of the original wavefile + effects.  Effects include a compressor, a reverb, a flangus, equalizer, stereo-inverter, and high-pass filter, with a limiter applied AFTER all other effects.) I will upload a video showcasing the mixer in FL Studio to show you what I have done.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Hmmmm I would stand a lot more this when you post a visual reference about the so called process.

This will be surely interesting = w=b!!