UTAU lanceLOTTE design... crits please and some specific advice wanted ;w;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Alright... I'm currently awaiting my microphone's delivery, at which time it arrives I will start on the actual voicebank(I know it's bad to make the design first but, what the derp xD.) I've done a couple of concept drawings on pencil and I uploaded a couple of pic of them with my phone(I know I'm awful ;w;.) I wasn't sure if it was too "un-utau and un-vocaloid" like, so please critique anything an everything... one thing in particular I'd like to know is whether I should add gauntlets of some sort to the design.

Here they are in sketchy pencil and paper, lanceLOTTE(LOTTE for short c:smile: -

20120310_181641.jpg

20120310_181825.jpg

P.S. She's also going to have a lightning-shaped scar under her right eye(look at my avvie)

Some colouring deets as well:

HAIR: Bright yellow-orange colour; the wrap is a cream-coloured bandage material.

SKIN: goldish-beige?

ARMOUR: gunmetal?

UNDERSUIT-THINGY: black.

I was going to add some other random details, but I going to allow a bit of artistic lisence open for any extra intricacies on the armour especially.

And yes, she's supposed to somewhat resemble a lion... =w=

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Oh that's a really interesting desogn =O
I would be careful with the hair colour, it can may look a bit monotone with the skin colour you planned (maybe post a coloured one so we can imagine it better?
And I wouldn't do such a big sowrd as a character item - something dagger-like would suit the design better =)

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thank you for your reply C:

20120310_181641-1.jpg

There's my crappy tint-job done on photobucket(somehow I thought it would be more convenient that using SAI that I'm not used to, and boy was I wrong.) I tried to fill in the colours I was thinking, i tinted the suit a bit purple because I figured it would compliment the gold tones(would this help balance out the monochromy-ness?)

I'm still unsure about the cape/stone augments colour. I was also planning to add some border embellishments along the edges of the capes to rid its blandness.

As for the dagger... I am unsure about changing the sword/lance thing, since the reason it's their is because it fits the namesake and it serves as her "guitar" as well and conducts lighting to add to visuals and whatnot(I was kind of going for a symphonic/celtic metal genre mainly for my use of her, but who knows how that will go until I actually make her xD.) I feel like she may be a little too top heavy without her huge weapon? I don't know... :sick: I'm not sure what the purpose of the dagger would be.

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Okay, the coloured one looks really nice =)
Maybe add some gold ornament on the armour to balance it out with the hair?

And now I see it that the sword should be a guitar =O /doesn't look to close orz
If this is your intention leave it as it is, it's some really unique idea =)

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ah yes! That is an awesome idea for gold ornaments, now I can picture the details a little. Thank you~ And lawl~ Yuh sometimes I accidentally overlook stuffs too, but I think it just happens to the best of us xD I think I'll leave the guitar too, and thank you a bunches for your insight. ( >w<)/

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
i personally believe her sword/guitar fits her clothes quite well o 3o// my she has a really nice original design :D im reallly loving how she looks ^^; goodjob ~ o; and if you need help with the VB recording and stuff o 3o i can help you out :3

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thanks a bunch you guys for you comments. C: And kirrinx, thanks for your kind offer I'll prolly take you up on that. I havent had a chance to mess with that aspect of the program, but I've done research and I'll be helpful to have someone I can ask questions too x3