UTAU.me Support & Feedback

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is the thread dedicated for the support of UTAU.me related issues and feedback.

Feel free to comment on the site and report any bugs you find while we are in beta.

Known issues will be added to the sticky as they are reported.

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
As I see, the taxonomy search by "recording style" and "Lenguage" are not properly working. Each time I press those tags, I get all the UTAULOIDS listed.

o wo

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Thanks for building this, looks nice.

I think the data doesn't get saved if you fill out the form partially and save it as draft and reopen it later? I'm not sure here, but I think I filled half of the fields this afternoon then I had to stop what I was doing and I saved as draft, and they're all empty now. I might have clicked something without thinking though.

Then while I was messing around the form the site stopped responding and went unreachable for a short while ;3; I hope I haven't done anything that made it go boom X°

Also, a few issues with usability/documentation.
The site guide in the policy says a thing about using relevant taxonomy and not create ridiculous ones, which would be perfectly good except it doesn't make sense in the current user interface... because as far as I can see we are bound to use the taxonomies we are provided as-is, and we can't create new ones, and not even add new options to the already existing ones.

Which leads to another issue, shouldn't the Origin Countries taxonomy have an "Other" option, like the "Languages" one?
I can't find that thing listed the Profile guide... so what is it? The creator's nationalities or the UTAU's nationalities? Sometimes they can differ.

-- edit --
yet  another thing... I was trying to add a voicebank to a profile, but when I click "Add New Voicebank" on the bottom of the profile form I just get a little spinning thingie that keeps spinning forever and does nothing. I also can't associate the VB to the profile the other way 'round (from the voicebank page), it keeps showing the spinning orange thingie and does nothing.
In case it's relevant (and it probably is...), I tried with Firefox/Linux and Chromium/Linux, same thing in both cases.

I also don't think it's safe to show all the listed UTAUs when you're associating a voicebank to a profile ^^; I think it should filter only the profiles you own... besides security, if the UTAU directory becomes huge... well... it's going to be pretty hard with that dropdown field.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you hit [Save Draft] it should backup all the data you have put into the fields. I tested it myself after you posted. If its a continued issue please report it again and I will look into it further.

Aha, the rule about creating relevant taxonomy is there because I you are supposed to be able to add new countries, genres, languages, and styles. That seems to be a permission error but now that I think about it, I might just moderate the Taxonomy myself and simply have people PM me if they want an extra language or country.

As for the Voicebanks. The menu item and the ability to associate a VB with an UTAU you do not own is a known issue. Actually the reason it is like that is because of that infinite load error you ran into on the Fields Table. I reported the bug to the WP-Types developer, the paid plugin that powers the site, and they assure me it will be fixed in the 1.0 release.

After the 1.0 patch, coming either this week or the next, the only place you will be able to add voicebanks will be on the Profile page. That will solve the association problems, plus the issues with all the VBs that currently have no profile associated with them.

Things are still in beta, still haven't fixed the filtering issues Yue Nagareboshi reported but its something that the WP-Types staff is helping me troubleshoot. Depending on how things progress from here, and assuming I find a good screen recording app I will probably do an introduction/tutorial video.

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Ok, cool :3

Hentai link said:
If you hit [Save Draft] it should backup all the data you have put into the fields. I tested it myself after you posted. If its a continued issue please report it again and I will look into it further.
Ahh I had hit the save draft button but, well, I might have done something accidentally there when I reopened it, as I said earlier... so it could be ok.
I was using stupid touchpad and I clicked trash accidentally, then I went restoring it from the trash and reopened it for edit, then I think I hit 'back' accidentally or something, so I got fed up and took out my external mouse, but at that point I realized that all data except title was gone XD

Another weird thing that it does is showing a red message telling me to check my input data every time I save the profile. It saves it alright, but keeps telling me that without any hint of what data it's having problems with. It's a minor thing though, since it still saves and publish the profile despite that.

D

dCatharsis

I've made the Voicebank & Profile page for Kanti Kokusaine, but I can't associate them together. When I put "this voice belongs to...", it never gets submitted (it never loads)...same happens with "add voicebank" in the profile page...
I've tried to do that in several internet browsers but it doesn't work in any of them D:

(Also, I'd like to request if you guys can put Chile in the countries category, and Classical and Ballad in the genre category, so I can put my UTAUloids and Kanti's and Kata's genres :smile: )

-EDIT-
: Just noticed that the same happened to Catgirl....the VB loading thing and the weird red thing. :sad: BTW, thanks for adding the catergories! :D

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
dCatharsis link said:
I've made the Voicebank & Profile page for Kanti Kokusaine, but I can't associate them together. When I put \"this voice belongs to...\", it never gets submitted (it never loads)...same happens with \"add voicebank\" in the profile page...
I've tried to do that in several internet browsers but it doesn't work in any of them D:

I've had this problem.  ewe; it worked for a couple of my banks, but I'm having trouble getting it to associate the others.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think I have a bug...for permissions on art and commercial voicebank use?

For Iris's profile, on the edit profile page, I have art commercial use set to "Never" and voicebank commercial use set to "Yes, but only with permission.", but on her actual profile page it has them reversed. So art has "Yes, but only with permission." and Vociebank commercial use has, "Never".

I think for now I'll put both as "Never" but yeah...that bug is there. At least for me.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Alright I spoke to the DB Developer and we can expect the 1.0 release within a week.

That should fix all the loading issues people have been having with the Fields table and the issues with associating Voicebanks with Profiles. In the meantime I have closed registration, till then if anyone needs help associating VBs to Profiles post here.

Also I am working with one of the staff to debug what is wrong with the Query Filters and why the Taxonomy lists aren't filtering correctly. Hopefully that should be fixed soon as well because frankly I have been stumped.

@IrisFlower thats an error on my part. Thanks for pointing it out. Should be fixed now.

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Nice to know this major issue will be fixed so quickly. :smile:
Also thanks for associating my voicebank to my UTAU profile. ^_^

By the way, since I see you added Chile for dCatharsis, can I ask to add Italy and Italian to countries and languages lists?

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm having trouble associating my other voicebank with my UTAU's profile.

I'm just wondering, do the vb download links appear somewhere on the UTAU's profile or is it just to verify that the UTAU actually has one? I think I remember that was one of the forms to fill out in the vb entries.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@moonst4r
Currently the Download URL does not do anything but eventually (after I make a suitable DL icon) each voice-bank will link to that download page through that icon.

Alright version 1.0 of the database plugin has deployed and the fields table should be fixed. You should be able to add new voicebanks directly on the UTAU profile once the minimum required fields have been filled and a draft is saved.

To make things simpler I went ahead and removed the [Voicebank] button from the backend menu to avoid confusion and issues with orphaned Voicebanks that have no Profile. You can still access the full VB editor by hitting the [edit] button on the fields table.

If anyone has any profiles/voicebanks that were created before the 1.0 patch, that are still orphaned post them hear and I can fix them for you. Also the new taxonomies for Mexico, Italy, & Italian have been added. If anyone wants any more feel free post them.

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Thank you very much :smile:

I noticed line breaks in the supplemental informations box don't work anymore... I mean, they get saved in the editor, and you can see still see the line breaks there, but they're not shown in the actual page and everything is on the same line. I'm not sure, but I believe it worked at a certain point... was it intentional or is it a new bug?
It seems the WYSIWYG editor strips away all paragraph and line break information, while adding BR and P tags on the HTML editor still works as expected. However, the line breaks get removed again if you switch back to the WYSIWYG editor and save.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yup, seems when I fix one thing here, it introduces and unexpected bug there.

Definitely a bug, if things are formatted right in the WYSIWYG editor then don't worry about it, once it is patched (hopefully soon) it should be a non-issue and display as expected.

Anyone else find any new bugs popping up? Also the Fields Table work fine for everyone?

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Um, I accidently subbmited two things thinking I was on my own page for wordpress, not the utau.me so anything that says, "Oh gooooosh what do I do?" Was meant to I could make a post on my own wordpress thingy so I could set up something with Gravatar ; A ; So sorry...
Or at least that's what I think I did. I'm sorry, the whole edit profile page thing really confuses me OTL

*figured out how to delete them, no worries :D *
EDIT: Now, I'm trying to set up a page for Papil, but the fields table keeps telling me to 'save the parent post'. I keep hitting save draft the the fields table never loads...?

D

dCatharsis

Hentai link said:
Yup, seems when I fix one thing here, it introduces and unexpected bug there.

Definitely a bug, if things are formatted right in the WYSIWYG editor then don't worry about it, once it is patched (hopefully soon) it should be a non-issue and display as expected.

Anyone else find any new bugs popping up? Also the Fields Table work fine for everyone?

Yes, it does work now, at least for me :D thank you!

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
MsStarryDreams link said:
*figured out how to delete them, no worries :D *
EDIT: Now, I'm trying to set up a page for Papil, but the fields table keeps telling me to 'save the parent post'. I keep hitting save draft the the fields table never loads...?

If it is not saving properly it is because you haven't filled out the minimum required fields. At the bare minimum you must include the UTAU's name in the profile, its release date (unreleased UTAU are not allowed) and an image to display in the directory.

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Oh I feel stupid... I was using the new voicebank page, instead of profile.
May I ask a question? What's the difference between a voicebank page and a profile page...?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
MsStarryDreams link said:
Oh I feel stupid... I was using the new voicebank page, instead of profile.
May I ask a question? What's the difference between a voicebank page and a profile page...?

Voicebanks are child content of Profiles which is the main content type of the site. The site lists profiles through its filters, and the profiles will list all voicebanks associated with them. If you create a VB listing and no profile listing, there will simply be nothing to view.