UTAU not generating .FRQ files?

Touken

Momo's Minion
I'm trying to oto my UTAU, but when I press "Intiazlize frequency maps" it has the circle, yet does nothing to the voicebank file. Even after I press "OK." Does anyone know why? I'd like to finish her soon (even though I have to fix her otos xc).

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
frq generates when the note is first played (also try refreshing the voicebank folder)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Im guessing you mean by "notthing changes" you mean you dont see the frq line in the otoing window. sometimes the program generates them really wonky and on rare occations barely add any at all. You have to manually edit them if either of theese cases happen. theres a plugin that have better editing window, its called frq editor i bellive.

Touken

Momo's Minion
frq generates when the note is first played (also try refreshing the voicebank folder)
I've refreshed it several times, with still nothing. However, USTs still play.

Im guessing you mean by "notthing changes" you mean you dont see the frq line in the otoing window. sometimes the program generates them really wonky and on rare occations barely add any at all. You have to manually edit them if either of theese cases happen. theres a plugin that have better editing window, its called frq editor i bellive.
I mean in the folder. When I go to her folder, it just has the .wav files and oto.ini, but nothing else.

(Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to x3)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I've refreshed it several times, with still nothing. However, USTs still play.

I mean in the folder. When I go to her folder, it just has the .wav files and oto.ini, but nothing else.

(Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to x3)

I'm taking a guess you installed UTAU to C:/programfiles or something simmilar?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried moving the voicebank folder from UTAU/voice to another directory outside of programs (x86)? Windows 8 - 10 doesn't allow editing of files/folders without Administrator approval (aka running UTAU as admin), but changing to a different directory can circumvent that.

Touken

Momo's Minion
Have you tried moving the voicebank folder from UTAU/voice to another directory outside of programs (x86)? Windows 8 - 10 doesn't allow editing of files/folders without Administrator approval (aka running UTAU as admin), but changing to a different directory can circumvent that.
No, I haven't. I'll try that.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No, I haven't. I'll try that.
Alternatively, you can also change folder permissions (right click UTAU > properties > Security tab > click on Users > click the Edit button > give yourself full control). That way, you'll be able to make any edits inside UTAU's folder without UAC or changing directories (one or two things might still require changing outside the directory like plugin .txt, etc. but that's minor).

Touken

Momo's Minion
Neither of those worked. :c

I can send you a screenshot of the oto screen and the folder with the phomemes if you'd like.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Also check your folder settings to show any hidden files. If USTs play with no issue, the FRQs are probably hidden in your folder.