UTAU Original PV Collab

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Circle HH★EEE
An English UTAU Collaborative Project

Alright I have an Original song titled "Hentai Hentai★Eternal Ecchi Evening" that I had commissioned for my English UTAU over a year ago. The backing track has been done for a while, you can find a sample of the old off-vocal SoundCloud embedded below, and the full lyrics here.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/dahentai/hh-eee_off-vocal[/soundcloud]

While the song has been done, the vocal track, and my UTAU's English VB just hasn't been ready. Now, almost a year later, things are finally starting to come together, and we had to decide on what to do about the video. What I would like to do is have a fully animated PV.

I am fairly skilled with both Adobe Flash & Adobe After Effects and I am pretty sure I can handle all the animation. The thing is I am not much of an artist and though I can draw, I am not very good, at best I could give you rough sketches on what I need the art to look like, or how I would like the scene composed.

I have the entire PV already storyboarded, and for the most part already know what I want to do, I simply need to recruit artists. The song is 3:30 long and is split into 6 parts, the Intro, Shipping, Pre-Chorus #2, Eroge, Pre-Chorus #3, and Closing.

These 6 parts take place in one of three different settings:
  • "Real Life" (Intro & Closing) which is simplified anime-inspired cutouts
  • "In-Game" (Shipping & Eroge) which resembles HQ game CGs
  • "Dream World" (Pre-Choruses #2 & #3) which is done almost entirely in chibi.
The team thus far:

Music/Lyrics: Uncle* Sam
Sequencing: Anonymous
Animation: Hentai
Art Team:
Naito (Anime Cutouts)
ScuroKun (Fake Eroge CG)
SakisCooklie (Cameo Chibis)

In my initial round of recruiting I overlooked the 'shipping sequence' on Verse 2 as an additional setting and thus need another artist. I will probably need 2 static images, and maybe another derivative image, based off another team member's work.

Update:
As a project update one of our artists dropped out due to complications with RL, because of this we are down an artist and I would like to put another call for help. Thankfully before ScuroKun left she was able to complete probably the most important piece of art in the PV, the Schoolgirl Aiko character piece that the eroge will be built around.

iaza17582276377400.png

I can probably improvise the rest of her scenes but I will at the bare minimum need at least 1 more person, skilled in backgrounds, to make school setting background art for the Eroge sequence. I would like, but its not necessary, 1 more artist for the dream sequences aswell. If you can do both great, but if only do one that is fine aswell.

If you are interested you can contact me or by reply to this thread.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for the heads up, all the links should be fixed.

And yea if you think the off vocal version is awesome you should hear the dub. To help guide the person that was putting the UST together I had the producer sing the song and it turned out great for something done quick and dirty.

That is not even the latest version of the off-vocal either. That one is almost a year old, the new version has been re-instrumentalized and remixed to give it a fuller, higher energy sound.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
SakisCookie link said:
-raises hand- Saki would like to volunteer. ouo

If you want samples, here's my DA:
http://sahkeyluffsyew83.deviantart.com/

Yay! Another volunteer!

How comfortable would you be doing Chibi/Super Deformed versions of various anime/manga characters? How about a chibi-version of Aiko wielding an oversized mallet?

In the Pre-Chorus # 2 & #3 is a part in the song where the lyrics where a bunch of anime characters are namedroped. In the PV these characters 'pop in' and the final screen before Aiko hits them all with a mallet.

I can handle the animation, but I will probably require chibi versions of the characters mentioned:
"Ranma, Ash, Naruto
Kyon, Lelouche, and Ichigo had
problems I know how to deal with at least."

Along with Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Reimu (Touhou), & Miku (Vocaloid) for:
"Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh!,
Touhou, Bleach, and VOCALOID have
never failed to drive my sorrows away."

Pokemon and Bleach are mentioned twice, so we can probably recycle those models.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Using Ash's Japanese name would be more weeabooish. But it might throw off the melody. :/

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hentai link said:
[quote author=SakisCookie link=topic=2160.msg16479#msg16479 date=1338772289]
-raises hand- Saki would like to volunteer. ouo

If you want samples, here's my DA:
http://sahkeyluffsyew83.deviantart.com/

Yay! Another volunteer!

How comfortable would you be doing Chibi/Super Deformed versions of various anime/manga characters? How about a chibi-version of Aiko wielding an oversized mallet?

In the Pre-Chorus # 2 & #3 is a part in the song where the lyrics where a bunch of anime characters are namedroped. In the PV these characters 'pop in' and the final screen before Aiko hits them all with a mallet.

I can handle the animation, but I will probably require chibi versions of the characters mentioned:
"Ranma, Ash, Naruto
Kyon, Lelouche, and Ichigo had
problems I know how to deal with at least."

Along with Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Reimu (Touhou), & Miku (Vocaloid) for:
"Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh!,
Touhou, Bleach, and VOCALOID have
never failed to drive my sorrows away."

Pokemon and Bleach are mentioned twice, so we can probably recycle those models.
[/quote]

Okie dokie. Should I draw them up now, or are you gonna wait for more people?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
ScuroKun link said:
I might be able to draw some things for it, is there anything in particular you would like me to draw?

I got a volunteer to handle the Chibis and another handling the Cutouts.

Only position left is the 'fake' eroge within the PV that features Aiko in a schoolgirl outfit.

It requires the least amount of art. 3 images stills and 1 character body shot but these 3 (+1) images are required to be more detailed than either the Chibis or the Cutouts.

Would you be comfortable doing something like this? Don't worry about the 'eroge' part of the CGs, I am going to make an overlay and fake UI as part of the PV.

叶心怡 (Ice) link said:
I would totally like to help~

I kinda suck at animation and stuff though, and I'm kinda slow when I'm drawing...
But I still want to help though ^w^

I think I got most of the positions full, but thanks for the offer.

The best part about collabing is you don't need to handle stuff like animation!

I am doing the animation, someone else is doing the music, we are going to have 3 or 4 artists, and together we are going to make a PV more awesome than any of us could have done individually!

As for how the animation works:
I ask for specific assets, which are then imported into Adobe After Effects as 3D objects, and I can manipulate those 3D objects like puppets. When these 3D objects are used with a 3D camera, that moves, pans, zooms, etc. you can fake movement even when there is none!

SakisCookie link said:
Okie dokie. Should I draw them up now, or are you gonna wait for more people?

If ScuroKun accepts I think I will have everyone on board.

Do you need any additional prompts? As for size 1200 pixels tall is probably what I would need, though I will probably scale everything down to half that when I am doing the final render. Better things are too large, than too small.

Because everything is going to be scaled, be sure to make the thinner lines a bit thicker than you normally would. To get an idea of whats its like just switch PS or Sai (whatever your program is) to 50% view and double check you don't loose too much detail when downsized for video.

Edit:
@ScuroKun @SakisCookie outside of UF whats the best way to contact you, email, skype, etc.

I figured since you are going to be working on the PV with me you may as well hear the dub and more complete version of the song we are making the PV to, not quite ready to share it with the public, but I can probably send it to you.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hmm...honestly, the best contact for me is facebook. I check it constantly. XD
Just search for 'Courtney Tsukimoto-Stephens'.
I have a Skype, but I rarely use it. It's the same as my UF username.

I have two more questions, though. First, I assume you want the chibis on a transparent background?
Second, do you want me to send you the sketches before I color them to make sure you like them?

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes to both.

I also sent  you a friend request and add you on Skype.

If you want my email admin@ this URL will forward to me.

As for ScuroKun, I replied to your email, gave you all the project details.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
As a project update one of our artists dropped out due to complications with RL, because of this we are down an artist and I would like to put another call for help. Thankfully before ScuroKun left she was able to complete probably the most important piece of art in the PV, the Schoolgirl Aiko character piece that the eroge will be built around.

iaza17582276377400.png
I can probably improvise the rest of her scenes but I will at the bare minimum need at least 1 more person, skilled in backgrounds, to make school setting background art for the Eroge sequence. I would like, but its not necessary, 1 more artist for the dream sequences aswell. If you can do both great, but if only do one that is fine aswell.