PRISMkidd

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Pay No Mind.png

Yozane did a cover and a video for Pay No Mind a few months back, but I was super inspired to make a disco-y club type background so I made my own art and video for it for fun. Yoz even updated the cover specifically for the video. This took a long time and it was a challenge since there were a lot of elements that I have never worked with before. I used GIMP's perspective tool to make the floor and I made that disco ball entirely by hand which took a solid 2+ hours. I actually redid the skirt lineart over and over and I redid all of the shading on Iimo because I didn't like it the first time. I did a lot of color editing on her too. It took me forever to find a good color palette for the floor, disco ball and background lights. I tried doing rainbow colors, but that just wasn't looking right at all. Those silhouettes in the background are all of the Vocaloids I grew up with. Starting from left to right there's Kaito, Miku, Meiko, Luka, Rin, Len, Gakupo and Gumi. They're all either V1 or V2 designs. I originally wanted to create them by drawing the shapes instead of using lineart, but that didn't work out so well. I struggled with it for so long before finally deciding to use lineart. I couldn't get the shapes to look right, and I wanted the details of their designs to still be slightly visible. Gakupo's lineart was the hardest for obvious reasons. My hand actually started to cramp for the first time while lining him. I'm a little sad that he's covered up by Iimo, but you can see him in the video so it's all good. I even downloaded a new font to use for this art / video and I redid the video twice. It's been so long since I first had the idea that I don't really remember what my original idea looked like in my head, so I can't say if it's close to what I imagined, but overall I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Old Cover:

Video:

CREDITS:

■ SONG: Pay No Mind
■ MUSIC & LYRICS: Madeon
■ ORIGINAL: Madeon ft. Passion Pit
■ UTAU: ヨザネイィモ VCCV ENGLISH
■ UST: LunarConstruct
■ RENDER / MIX: Yozane
■ ILLUST & MOVIE: PRISMkidd

Yozane Iimo is voiced and owned by Yozane.

Last edited: