UTAU Synth help needed

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Whenever I extend a note longer than how it originally was in the ust, it doesn't save when I open it back up again. All the other changes like pitch bends and vibrato are saved, but the notes just pop back to where they used to be.

I'm making a ust for "Always Be Happy," but I made it as a midi first on an online sequencer that only has a few note lengths so I just used quarter notes. I really need to extend the notes so people can use the ust properly, can someone help? If anyone knows how to fix the issue or at least what it is, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank You

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Try saving as the other ust formats (like UST 1.2 if you're using 2.0, or UST 2.0 if you're using 1.2, the different text encodings) and see if that helps any.

Also, if you plan on distributing the UST, you should put in placeholder notes for ALL rests. Use a lowercase R (or some other placeholder, just tell the user to find+replace the placeholder by opening the UST as a text file) to ensure they don't get deleted when you reopen it, or something. UST 2.0 doesn't save blank space as rests and the 1.2 format does this infuriating thing that saves the rests incorrectly and throws timing off.

Reactions: Nohkara

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Try saving as the other ust formats (like UST 1.2 if you're using 2.0, or UST 2.0 if you're using 1.2, the different text encodings) and see if that helps any.

Also, if you plan on distributing the UST, you should put in placeholder notes for ALL rests. Use a lowercase R (or some other placeholder, just tell the user to find+replace the placeholder by opening the UST as a text file) to ensure they don't get deleted when you reopen it, or something. UST 2.0 doesn't save blank space as rests and the 1.2 format does this infuriating thing that saves the rests incorrectly and throws timing off.

Ok, I'll try it thank you