Utau synth voicebanks on Utau (Windows)

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Today I downloaded a voicebank made in Utau-Synth, a CVVC, but when I try using it only some phonemes sound even if the oto and the recordings are all in the folders.
Is there a way to make it work on Windows? That's because it's a voicebank that I love so much and finally I had it (because was privately distributed)...
Thank you all^^

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is most likely an issue with the OTO. UTAU-Synth saves them as oto_ini.txt rather than oto.ini. Before you go blindly converting, please open the file and tell me how it looks.
Is each line on the oto on a separate line? Then you're fine.
Are the filenames/aliases in the correct kana? Then you're fine.
Just remove the #Charset:UTF-8 line and resave as oto.ini

If either of those things are messed up, you can send me the oto_ini.txt file by itself and I'll convert it.

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
This is most likely an issue with the OTO. UTAU-Synth saves them as oto_ini.txt rather than oto.ini. Before you go blindly converting, please open the file and tell me how it looks.
Is each line on the oto on a separate line? Then you're fine.
Are the filenames/aliases in the correct kana? Then you're fine.
Just remove the #Charset:UTF-8 line and resave as oto.ini

If either of those things are messed up, you can send me the oto_ini.txt file by itself and I'll convert it.
Sorry if I'm late with this reply but today I had a lot of homework from school -.-
By the way the lines of oto are written in separate lines, the aliases are right (for the romaji to hiragana plugin they're right), but I haven't the "#Charset:UTF-8" line in the oto.
To make the oto similar to the Windows one I tried making a copy of the utau, copying the aliases and the settings inside of the oto file and pasting them into a copy of the oto of my utau, so the oto would have been in the right format, but it didn't work.
I don't know if it's okay for you but I can send you only the original oto files without the voicebank, because of the private distribution... Thank you so much^^

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh, if everything is okay, all you really need to do is rename oto_ini.txt to oto.ini and it should work fine.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
hm.... Another possible issue that I can think of, in UTAU-Synth all the pitches/appends in a single bank are saved to a single oto, rather than separate otos per folders. If that's the case then you'll have to ask the maker of the bank to save each set separately so that the OTOs get separated out. You could also manually separate the otos, because the folder path will be in the filenames.

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yes, I tried because changing the prefixes and the prefix map but it doesn't work... I don't know if this can help you, but if I open the oto of the samples that don't work, the wav isn't shown and everything in the window is grey/blue (like they aren't recorded)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The issue I was previously describing

on mac
Code:
MainFolder
> oto.ini
>> Sub1\a.wav=alias,0,0,0,0,0
>> Sub2\a.wav=alias,0,0,0,0,0
>> Sub3\a.wav=alias,0,0,0,0,0
> Sub1
>> a.wav
etc
> Sub2
>> a.wav
etc
> Sub3
>> a.wav
etc

on windows
Code:
MainFolder
> Sub1
>> a.wav
>> oto.ini
> Sub2
>> a.wav
>> oto.ini
> Sub3
>> a.wav
>> oto.ini

Well anyway, the file not being found does indeed happen when the file doesn't exist, but also when the filename in the oto doesn't correspond to the actual filename

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You mentioned that it was a private bank, is it okay with the original creator?

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'll try sending you only the oto without the voicebank, so if there's a problem inside it that I didn't notice you can solve it .-.