UTAU trying to install Office on Windows 10???

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So uh for a really long time, for as long as I've been using UTAU on this computer, really I can't get the darn thing to stop trying to install Microsoft office, and it's starting to get on my nerves at this point.

Every time I try to execute a different part of UTAU, whether it be the program itself, the voicebank settings, the actual oto editor inside that, prefix editor, resampler.dll, it'll always come up with an instance of windows installer, trying to install some nonexistent form of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013. I always have to cancel it before I can get anything to start (once started one time, it doesn't appear again until UTAU is opened again), and it's getting on my nerves. I've reinstalled repetitively, and no changes, everything else like plugins work.

It never did this back on Windows 8 or 8.1 with my old computer, only on 10 for me. I have a Japanese locale, everything displays right, but I really want to get rid of this, and I haven't been able to find a definite answer for myself yet.

I can try to give some screenshots real quick if my explanation wasn't enough.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Maybe the fact that UTAU needs MSVC2008 libraries (at least under Wine) can give you a clue.

Reactions: partial

melodicake

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Where did you download it from? If you downloaded UTAU from a different site other than the official one, you may have installed an adware-coated version.

naghavi

resident linguist
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
strange. please uninstall all instances of utau from your computer and try installing this: http://utau2008.xrea.jp/utau0418e-inst.zip
this is the latest version of utau right off the official website, the only place you should be getting it. if you get any error box or message of any kind, english or japanese, yeah please post screenshots. hope this is of some help for you.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Anyone telling me to uninstall and reinstall from the official site; I did use the official site. And I have redownloaded several times, to no avail. It just keeps on trying.

Do you have Office (any version) installed?
I have an unactivated version of 2013, which I believe is a leftover from when my dad had the computer. (Word and Powerpoint start and work just fine, Outlook does the same exact thing as UTAU, bringing up the installer.) Considering we do actually own the software, I'm not sure why it's not activated, but hmmm- It's just kind of puzzling how my old surface also had it, but it never ever did anything like this.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Make sure you don't have an entry for Office 2013 in your software (uninstall it if you do). If you don't/the problem persists, and if you don't mind potentially screwing up office, you could start Utau, use taskmgr to find the binary, then delete it. This might lead to a rabbit-hole of problem fixing though.