UTAU Wiki 2.0

Since I haven't yet set up the forum on the new UTAU Wiki and I haven't yet announced it here, I figure this thread could be helpful.

For those of you who don't know, Yue and I have been working on a new wiki since May, and we opened it to the public today. You can view it here: http://utau.wikidot.com

There's several reasons why we made the switch which I posted here.

Anyway, there's a few things that need to be addressed. Since the new wiki allows for easier page creation than the old wiki or the forum, I'm thinking about getting rid of the UTAU Directory page on the forum. (I'm not entirely how many people used it after posting their own UTAU on the list anyway?)

Also, feel free to crosspost your tutorials to the wiki! (Don't worry though I'm not planning to get rid of that section anytime soon since it's still fairly busy haha.)

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yeah I got that reported by someone else, too. Working on solving it.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
On the matter of the poll, I say we keep the UTAU Directory. People may have information there they'll need to check later.

Unless you mean locking the thread, which I think would only be good after a month or two and the new Wiki shows signs that it's actually going to be populated and used.

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I'm working on the album pages, pretty sure I can get them organized. Spent all my time this past week on the UTAU profiles haha.

I'll just lock the thread for new posts for a while then!

EDIT: Restructured the album page template a bit. Added an embed for crossfades instead of a link, and went through and fixed up the pages so far.

Anything else you guys would like while I work on author/circle pages?

EDITEDIT: Hey look, I started the producer template: http://utau.wikidot.com/producer:death-ohagi

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Finally browsing around the site - I'm not a big fan of how the "UTAUs by VB Type" is organized. Names that start with A will mainly be what people click because they're first and there's little reason to go further. While the old Wiki was a bit of a disaster, I liked the scrollable sections with character icons, I could easily go through all the voicebanks and judge which ones I was interested in.

The main database pages of banks is getting there, but there's still just a single column up front that gives As Bs Cs whatever an advantage.

And I'm not sure Powerscale should be included necessarily. Yes, it's something people (including myself) really like, but it's pretty much an "append" type bank. While Mono/Bi/Tri/Multi is any kind of bank with a certain number of pitches, Powerscale starts to get in to extra voice types. If you have Power, why not Soft? Why not Falsetto? I might seem harsh/judging with this, I just feel like that it's a bit unfair towards people who would make multipitch soft banks that they wouldn't receive the same treatment.
but seriously this is just my opinion and i'm sure you have reasons

MystSaphyr

Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I honestly wasn't sure about powerscale, and I really want to add something on "appends" (though I'd really like to avoid using the term "append" on the wiki templates)

Though right now, the directories are only structured that way because of wikidot's default! I realized the issue and I AM working on figuring out table organization. I've seen that it's possible, just trying to figure it out.

But for now having everything on a single page isn't possible, regardless of organization. The old wiki never had all voices listed on that one page with icons, and the directory page was loading REALLY slow with just a couple hundred (if even that) voicebank links+icons. I split it up by alphabet pages for now to cut down on the load a bit until I can figure out tables.

EDIT: How about I split up voicebank types/countries/etc. into their separate pages, with no pagination limits. I'll do that, and in the meantime continue working on a table layout for the main directory.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Love it. I've got a page for Tayumi on the old site, but the icon was drawn by my friend simply because I didn't have one, and I'd like to get a new one/actual "official art" for her before I create her page. Will proably be a while...

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
I have three things I'd like to ask:

1. Is there any possibility of having UTAU Original Song articles in the future, or is it strictly UTAUloid Albums?

2. I wonder if small album thumbnails in the Album Directory would be a good idea...?

3. When will the "Random Article" function be implemented?

Thanks!