UTAUカバー Realistic Sounding Utau song! Please help!

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi, I'm new to Utaforum! I also have a little thing called UTAU-HUMAN PROJECT Where I make utau sound like humans!

But I need someone else's opinion to tell if it sounds realistic or not. Please help!

:cry:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wve3Bm6mfZk[/video]

Thank you!

RockloudHakaine

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I can't really tell because the background music covers the voice. But, to make it really realistic, you should make a vcv or a cvvc!

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It is a VCV :bigtears:

It's not mine, It's Sonone Linako. And I never noticed the background was louder than the voice... On my computer she's slightly louder than the music.
:cry:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are you using Utalis or Vocashifter? It can't be merely tuning because of the large amount of dymanics shifting about that would be painful to do in UTAU.

But yeah, I think it sounds realistic, and if you're using either Utalis or Vocashifter you're doing a great editing job. Though a little after 2:15 I heard a rough pitch transition that sounds like it was a missed Vocashifter funny spot. It's an annoying program to work with, so kudos to you. Who was the singer you got the base vocals for?

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This was made purely with Utau. No other effects were added. Absolutely nothing but reverb was added to make an echo effect in her voice using audacity. XD

That rough pitch thing was actually my Utau glitching out. Sometimes it would make her sound like autotune. I managed to fix all of them before uploading but that last one wouldn't go away so I just left it. She also isn't my utaloid. She belongs to.... Brella, I think that's the creators name. The utauloid is
Sonone Linako.
Thank you for the feedback!
:creepygrin:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Could I have a screenshot as proof? And you didn't use Utalis or even Masao's Envelope Editor plugin? Because that sounds like it would have taken painful ages to do otherwise. And you didn't even reference pitch shifts in Vocashifter or a similar pitch graph program?

Sorry if I seem distrustful, and even if you DID use Utalis/Masao's tools it's not something to be ashamed of at all because they can be very difficult to use well. I can't figure out Utalis myself and when making USTs myself I don't bother with Masao's editor since very few people would have it and thus the edits would be useless (as USTs is the major body of what I do).

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's so realistic, and I'd love to know what you did to make this bank sound realistic and I know others will too.
So...
When you and if you do find some set pattern, or just some ground guidelines. Please make a tutorial (of some kind) and share it with the UTAU community.

(I don't mind helping if you need some help)

~Zarlsa

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh it's totally fine to not believe. I just put in time and effort, it only took about 3 hours to make the whole cover. I'll send the screen shots.

I also have a tutorial video that has screenshots of my work.

Is it okay if I send the video, and tell you what time my screenshots are? Cuz I have no idea how to send it here, unless someone can show me XD

I have made a tiny tutorial about how to make them sound better... I haven't done a tutorial showing exactly the steps to make them cuz I'm saving that for the amount of subscribers I get. That way I have some sorta way of giving back to the community.

I only made the tutorial since I reached 30 subs. I promised to do it again by 60 and then by 100, but I have no idea how long that's gonna take... I can send you the first tutorial.
It has links, info and voicebanks recommended for higher quality sound. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKc0dphzHT0

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, from looking at your screenshots it's clear that what's making this sound so good is your usage of flags (and possibly multiple resamplers within the context of one song). I was puzzled at how simple the pitchbends were and how there wasn't much envelope work, but it's the flags that have the power for you (alongside voicebank choice of course).

I take the tip from this to work with flags more. *tip of the hat* If only I could figure out all of UTAU-Synth's flags though, ugh.

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have no idea what resamplers are. I've tried to figure out what they are but, never thought enough to actually search it up. So I'm not sure if I used one... I have no idea XD

All I did was use FLAGS. The pitchbends are quite basic, just put in the right areas (I hope) and I will give you a tip!

Modulation is the greatest feature to me. I would recommend using it! :sing:

And I didn't really think of it as being the utauloid herself helping. I just thought it was the effects.

There is this, the first Utau-human project I ever did. Unfortunately I have no screen shots of it but it's the same exact procedure.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgcOnjnik60[/video]I will make a tutorial for making them sound more realistic in the future.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Voicebanks themselves definetly make a huge impact, with multipitch banks having more range of emotion to be covered with. Even Linako's EDEN bank goes from a moderate soft/strong tone to a powerful one, and even then she has dualpitch soft banks and other stuff. If you aim to use an UTAU that is only monopitch without extentions, sure you can make it sound good but you don't have as much to work with.
the sad moment you only have monopitch vcv yourself and know you're too lazy to record another pitch

And woah, really? I coulda sworn in your video that in the first "Before - After" you changed to bkh01 or EFB-GT or something since it sounded a lot softer which they achieve instantly. Resamplers could be flag shortcuts I suppose? They're built to sound different and each bank can sound bad and good with one. For example, TIPS is great for a low male voice who has slight noise in his bank, while a super powerful female shout bank would probably sound terrible with it. Inversely, with Fresamp (not Fresamp_010 or whatever the new one is) the male bank may loose his unique crispness while the shout bank can nasally shine up high. And some like tn_fnds are picky about banks and some don't even work.

I have a severely (as in I don't touch it anymore ahhhh it's out of date and missing resamplers and I don't have UTAU PC at the moment so I can't test things ahhh) old thread in the Software and Plugins section I believe on resamplers. Be sure to comb through the last few pages though for all the recent ones, and I don't know if anyone has posted Utagrowl there yet.

…And then there's UTAU-Synth where these are no options. *continues to pout about that because honestly UTAU-Synth is inferior, having used both* And even though it's "resampler", the flags are a bit different and hypersensitive and b is different and I can't really find a good list of them for this specific one. ugh

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
In before there was literally nothing.Just her plain voice. After I added.. BRE50 g-10D0Y0H0
I've never used T E or B in my life, nor have I used K.

I've only started to use UTAU frequently more recently. Like, a couple of months 1-3 I think.
So I have no idea about any of this stuff XD all I know is that I try to make them sound less like robots as I was inspired by Mitchie M. If you've heard of him I'm sure you'll understand why I strive to make Utau sound human. That first song in the tutorial video was Hatsune Miku the Vocaloid singing, in case you don't know Mitchie M.

So, resamplers have to be installed as plugins? (Where do they go!? how?! >_<") Oh boy I'm not sure how these things work! I'll take any advice you may have to offer and do further research on them ^^ I've heard of TIPS of course, but I don't really *know* about it. I recommended its usage alongside flags but it was a blind recommendation, simply because Everyone I know references TIPS. I'll try to find a list as well. I have a list of all the flags and there functions but that's it.

(I'm just too n00b)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's all good, I've been around for…wow about three years in the community now - though I'm incredibly lazy and don't get much done.

Though it might be work knowing these small things:
B and BRE are the same thing. b is a different flag.
B's default is 50, H's is 0, though I'm not sure about D.
You slowly start to memorize these things. I remember using T for a while (y old voicebank sounds good with T80) but I don't really know what it does. E, D, and another one were filters, and I don't really touch them as I don't know too well what they do.

Oh no, how you use resamplers is that you download the .exe of it (some like EFB-GT require FFTW files that are linked in the Resampler Directory), then in UTAU's Project Properties you go to Tool 1 and either type the name of the resampler if you put it in the same directory as UTAU or hit the … to find it wherever you put it.

I recommend checking out VS4U judging by your style and flagging, I think you'd love it. I'm too used to pitchbending like a maniac so I generally just stick to resampler or branch out if the bank really needs it since resampler is a general pretty-good resampler for all banks.

You show a lot of promise, you're a fantastic user for only a few months into using the program. The community has really evolved and stepped up since back then, you had a lot of resources and I'm glad they're shaping promising new users like yourself. ah back in the day when people didn't even know how to vcv

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for those kind words it really helps me continue to move forward!
(And not knowing how to VCV!? lolololol sorry, almost every Utau I've ever showed interest in ended up being VCV except for Neko Kanochi, Teto, (the two idols) and Nijimine Kakoi (that's the soft girl from the before-after tutorial) If you don't have her I strongly recommend her if you're still an active user. But those 3 are CV.

And I finally understand resamplers a lot more thanks to you! ^_^ I'm going to look into them soon, especially when working with goodbad utauloids. There are some that have amazing voices but just don't cooperate. I hope resamps can fix that.
I'll look into the VS4U. that's a resampler, right? I've never heard of it, alongside Utalis and Vocashifter.

And just in case any screamo-producing plugins were mentioned, I know of an Utauloid who's voicebank is screamo so I just use her for it. But I still have Vocascreamer on my Audacity, have no idea how to use so I just do as best I can with Maiko Hakaine.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kanochi Neko has a VCV and so does Teto? Though Kakoi doesn't still.

(I have a huge collection of around 500 banks, hah. ;; )

But seriously, around three years ago, maybe even just two and a half, VCV was an uncommon thing that mainly only JP banks had. Overseas was starting to catch on, but the otos back then were horrendous because I think people were still thinking CV. Even if someone was close, there was always something wrong (a popular rumor back then was you put the Overlap in the middle of drawn-out consonants like M and such, lolwat). I remember learning from really closely looking at Namine Ritsu's oto, and it made a lot more sense than CV did for me (back then there was only 1000 styles of CV, and there still kinda are). I made a tutorial, and even though it's bad and noobish and I need to redo it, I'm glad it helped move everyone forward.

Other people made tutorials before me, but they were either a bit incorrect or way too complicated (I remember Halo's custom VCV parameters tutorial, it only made some sense to me back then). I feel like I'm strutting too much though, it was the time when everyone was figuring it out and explaining it to one another, not just me.

now to understand these whippersnapper's cv vc stuff, english lite and things, full was hard enough to grasp

Yeah, VS4U is a resampler. Utalis is a plugin that, somehow when you plug in vocals it draws pitchbends and I really don't understand it well, you need to watch a tutorial to get it. Vocashifter (or was it Vocalshifter, maybe I've been typing it wrong) is a Japanese program that lets you see the pitchbends of a singer, and if you want transplant then and the dynamics onto another singer, though extensive editing it required to make it sound nice. This is how many UTAU/VOCALOID users make incredibly realistic singing. I'm pretty sure Mitchie M utilizes a device like this or Vocalistener (a VOCALOID only Utalis kinda thing) to do his stuff because it's even beyond Ciel-P level Vocaloid realism and her stuff actually is a VSQ.

There are a few UTAU screamo banks (Maiko, Teto's Rikimi, Ritsu's joke banks, C02, even Tree hah, and many others), but they've been rendered slightly moot by a new resampler called Utagrowl - it's brand new and there's a thread in Discussion about it. It's fantastic. Maiko and such still have their places as even Utagrowl I don't think can go that far, but now you don't need to make an append for your UTAU to achieve that type of vocal.

What's Vocascreamer? Sounds like a cool VST. I've mainly used Charsiesis, but I'm curious.

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aw man, I've tried using Charsiesis. Failed. Vocascreamer is like, the same thing but way more basic looking. ( Even harder for me somehow though.) There's only like, 4 giant nobs and they just.... totally screw up everything if I touch them in the slightest bit. (I have no idea how to use it, so I don't. It's collecting dust in my VSQ plugins.)

HOLY COW 500?! I only have like, 20. *derp* And I'm looking for more VCV males that have good soft voices or at least good voices in general like Sonone Linako and Pamyu. So that's been slowing me down.
I was aware of Teto's VCV but when I downloaded it I didn't really like using it... I will probably use it for a group song which I'm planning to do (Like the Petenshi Ga Warau Koro Ni cover, but better :-_-: ) And Neko, I will probably be getting my hands on the VCV voicebank tonight.

*Her being my first Utau besides the obvious Teto. So I guess she'll have a place with my computer files no matter what and how rarely I use her.*

And I legit thought that Maiko was the only one of her kind.
If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard Ritsu's screamo bank... Is it that...creepy yelling thing that sang Rolling girl in that one video? XD

*Tree. I only heard of him/her/it/what today. Nice coincidence Now I will look Tree up... *If Tree's video plays in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound?*

And I will most certainly be searching for Utagrowl. *Being the biggest fan of Yuyoyuppe and UtsuP = Need screamo for sure. :love:

I'm not surprised that VCV was hard back then. I don't even get how it works myself. Looks too toooooo complex for my n00brain.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, maybe I should make a Charsiesis tutorial someday. Or maybe there's already one around. I only really fiddle with a few of the nobs and avoid everything else, so I'm no authority. Can't do it now anyways, my house is MAC-only at the moment and it's not MAC supported.

I went and attached my list of voicebanks I own (filenames only, so some don't make sense really). It's actually less than 400 at the moment, I forgot that I went on a deleting splurge a while ago. There are still some bad, old banks in there though. And as with everyone I don't have every good bank, and even then I like to focus on strong banks. If you're curious about a bank, just ask and I can tell you my opinion on it. And also if you dig in the Discussion board I had an old topic that highlighted good, new JP banks, and even older was a thread where people posted underloved UTAUs they wanted to endorse - maybe check those out.

Tree is actually a troll UTAU, warning. He never fails to make me laugh. Though if you reoto him I swear he can work as screamo. One of my goals in life is to use Tree seriously. XD

VCV, to me, is incredibly easy, the easiest to do really. It takes the most work other than English CV VC Full, but the methodology behind it is the easiest to grasp. It's the idea of following a reclist (that can be broken down into six vowel strings that you just attach the consonants on for at least 7-mora style), then in otoing if you follow the basic pattern most use you oto the same way every time with the same variables. It's too much to explain in a quick paragraph really, but there are plenty of tutorials out now.

EDIT: Wow wait Mojibake. Give me a minute to fix that file if I can.

Attachments

• utsus.txt
    8 KB · Views: 9

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
LOL I figured Tree was a troll... Just the concept screamed NOPE. And I would love to see a charsiesis tutorial. I've been searching and literally, no info. Anywhere.

I will also look up the threads cuz I really do want underloved UTAUs. Mainstream has never been my way to flow. As for the utau list, thank you very much! I'll look over it and see if I can find any that stand out to me in anyway! :D

I would love to make my own Utau, but I have no idea what to name her and go through all the little details. I can do character design no doubt but, I'd still have to wait until I can get enough time and whatnot. Which sucks -__-

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since you posted after, here's my attempt to fix the file. All the Japanese names got screwed up. Let's see if this works…

EDIT: Works! It shows all the names actually. You have to download it unfortunately, but ah well.

When you do make an UTAU, as long as you don't name her Sakura Tsukidesu or something stupid any name goes. It doesn't need to be Japanese, a real name, anything. And for design, as long as you don't clearly copy a Vocaloid (I have seen almost direct copies of Galaco for example) or do a Crypton (they're accepted but you aren't going to earn anyone's amazement when your design is a Miku/Rin recolor), you should be fine too.

Attachments

• utsus try 2.doc
    44 KB · Views: 6

Kowareta33

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Again thank you so much for the help! I already see a lot of Utauloids that I have and have heard of, so I hope to discover some new voices to work with! :3