[VB Question] Ritsu only sings vowels

Asuka deeeeeesu

Teto's Territory
Hello internet and UTAU buddies! i'm Asuka and i'm an UTAU noob and trash. haha! XD i'm 18, but please be nice to me. XD so i have a question to ask, and it's about voicebanks. specifically ritsu's. you see, whenever i do cover's, i don't download usts. i make my own usts just 'cause i feel more comfortable doing that. plus it's more fulfilling for me! HYAHA anyways, i wanted to make a cover of Ghost Rule using Ritsu's Strong voicebank (the 1.5.1 one, which is VCV), but she only sings the vowels. i don't want to use the CV one 'cause it's much more harder for me to tune. i tried registering it manually (the Tools>Option>Bank Registering), but there's no あ.wav on both A3 and F4 folders. checked the Suffixbroker as well, no luck. so how do you guys make Ritsu Strong completely?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
VCV voicebanks require VCV lyrics. To make the process of putting in lyrics for you easier, the Bizz Plugin has many converters.

Start from your basic romaji CV lyrics.
[ka] [e] [ru] [no] [ u] [ta] [ga]

Convert them from Romaji to Hiragana.
[か][え][る][の][う][た][が]

Convert them from CV to VCV.
[- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

As you can see, VCV lyrics have a romaji component (the previous vowel) and a hiragana component (the main syllable of the note). Notes without anything preceding them start with a hyphen. This is the standard format.

There's also a couple ways to simply put in Hiragana CV lyrics, and have it automatically use VCV samples without needing to convert anything. One is to buy a key for the shareware version of UTAU, which has a button to enable that. Another is to install Presamp (which is also used for handling CVVC voicebanks without needing to edit the UST. It's magical.)

Reactions: Asuka deeeeeesu

Asuka deeeeeesu

Teto's Territory
VCV voicebanks require VCV lyrics. To make the process of putting in lyrics for you easier, the Bizz Plugin has many converters.

Start from your basic romaji CV lyrics.
[ka] [e] [ru] [no] [ u] [ta] [ga]

Convert them from Romaji to Hiragana.
[か][え][る][の][う][た][が]

Convert them from CV to VCV.
[- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

As you can see, VCV lyrics have a romaji component (the previous vowel) and a hiragana component (the main syllable of the note). Notes without anything preceding them start with a hyphen. This is the standard format.

There's also a couple ways to simply put in Hiragana CV lyrics, and have it automatically use VCV samples without needing to convert anything. One is to buy a key for the shareware version of UTAU, which has a button to enable that. Another is to install Presamp (which is also used for handling CVVC voicebanks without needing to edit the UST. It's magical.)
ooooooooooooooohhh i see! i tried it and it works! HYAHA one more question. when i used Teto, i didn't have the said problem. was that because it was CVVC, or is CVVC a lot different?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Teto has many different voicebanks. When you're downloading, you need to see what type it is, so that you know how to use it. If it's labelled CV or 単独音, then you can use simple hiragana lyrics. If it's labelled VCV or 連続音, VCV lyrics are necessary. Kasane Teto doesn't have a Japanese CVVC voicebank, but she does have an English CVVC one. This is more complex to use, and is based off X-Sampa phonetics. There's a plugin for automatically converting words to phonemes that Teto can read (but I recommend learning how to edit from scratch).

Reactions: Asuka deeeeeesu

Asuka deeeeeesu

Teto's Territory
Teto has many different voicebanks. When you're downloading, you need to see what type it is, so that you know how to use it. If it's labelled CV or 単独音, then you can use simple hiragana lyrics. If it's labelled VCV or 連続音, VCV lyrics are necessary. Kasane Teto doesn't have a Japanese CVVC voicebank, but she does have an English CVVC one. This is more complex to use, and is based off X-Sampa phonetics. There's a plugin for automatically converting words to phonemes that Teto can read (but I recommend learning how to edit from scratch).
hmmmm, i see. Thank you very much for the help! XD