VCCV English Multipitch Help! [ANSWERED]

GothAmaterasu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've decided on making a tripitch VCCV.
I've already made two pitches, and wanted to test them out as a multipitch, but I can't seem to set the voicebank up right...
How does one do that? ;o; I believe all the folders are messing things up, but I know that some people have already made a VCCV English multipitch, help!

Reactions: HoneyPai

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
as with any voicebank you need to add a suffix(or prefix) to the aliases.
you can do this using setparam or you can doa find and replace in notepad (note that notepad would only be able to do a prefix) but doing ctrl+h, type "=" into the find box and then "=PREFIX" into the replace box.
yp5qjzD.png

In notepad you are limited to doing a find->replace replace to add a prefix.

dFM13fn.png
In setparam you can use "%a" as a wildcard for the alias, then type whatever you want around it (can be a prefix or a suffix). just right-click anywhere to bring up the drop-down menu.

You can also safely merge all the folders of a VCCV bank (a single pitch) together without issues. So you can have plain regular pitch folders. (utau can only see one folder deep, any further down will be ignored).
You will need to copy-paste all the oto.ini files into each other of course.
This way you can reduce all of those folders down to just three.

Last edited:

LunarConstruct

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
UTAU has a problem with reading more than one layer of folders into a voicebank! So, having a multipitch english set up like this for example:

Voicebank
C4, B4, D5, etc
CV, VC, etc.
This wont work, because the folders that actually hold the sounds are too far down. What I did instead was set it up like this:

6fb2d086eb.png

This way, there is only one layer that UTAU has to look through to get to the sounds. Do you need help setting up the prefix.map as well?

GothAmaterasu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ooohhhh thank you two! That explains a lot!
I have made plenty of Japanese multipitch vbs before, but all these folders really struck me xD
Thank you so much, I know what to do now!