VCV Issues

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by Reson_Lore, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    Okay, so I found this app that a lot of people have used, for Android, that allows you to record voicebanks. I tried it out and spent almost two hours recording. I finished and transferred everything to my computer, then used Moresampler (again, something many people use) to oto it. The reclist I used was the normal VCV reclist. I went through and used noise reduction on every wave file (just to be sure). However, when I tried to use the VB, it sounded horrible.

Any advice? (God, this is like the sixth thing I've asked for advice on here, I sound really inexperienced despite using UTAU for almost three years)

3. ✧ Elfrida ✧

✧ Elfrida ✧ The Space Witch Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Do you have a sample of how it sounds? I wouldn't mind helping if I can, it's much easier to help when we can hear how it sounds.

4. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    I just recorded it. Whenever I try to export a wav, UTAU glitches and auto-closes
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2018 ---

5. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    So by android app, you mean to say you recorded it on the phone? I hear most newer phones have decent mic quality but could it possibly be the clarity of the samples?
    Also it might be frqs causing the distorted effect.
    And though the vb is aliased, is the oto setparam edited/cleaned up manually? It still sounds like it’s kind of unsmooth. Moresampler only makes a decent ish oto and only if you stick to guide bgm
    Also since it might help, could we have the name of the app?

6. Row 4 Project Official

Row 4 Project Official Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    so uhh, to me it sounds like the envelopes aren't properly blended for the "not smooth-ness", as for the distortion, I agree with Raccoon, and if you pitch the banks it could also cause problems (idk if you did or not it just sounds a little like that to me idk) so yeah, if you'd like me to take a look just dm me over and I'll check over it some.

7. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    It's monopitch and I recorded it with 'UTAU Recorder' for Android. It told you to use Moresampler and I used the BGM. As for the envelopes, I've never had issues with them before

8. ✧ Elfrida ✧

✧ Elfrida ✧ The Space Witch Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    To me it sounds like a mix of clarity and frq issues, from what I could pick up. It also does sound a slight bit choppy, possibly due to envelopes but might be the configuration if you just rendered a moresampler oto and didn't edit it. If the clarity is because of your mic, however, you might want to switch to recording with a usb mic on your computer.

9. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Moresampler is really used most of the time for just a base. You should still go in and fix it

Sors and Kiyoteru like this.
  10. Yanderu

Yanderu Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    The envelopes look fine, preutterence and overlap are fine because they're cleared, stp as well. All I can think of is yes, the frq's , resampler, or morsampler's oto. May I ask, did you record to bgm from the app? Did you check moresampler's oto, because shit it can go wrong, what format the recordings are in, wav, mp3, aiff? lastly, How much 'noise-removal' did you use and what program??

11. Halo

Halo Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hey, you seem to have "use resampler.dll" on. Try using moresampler as your wavtool and resampler instead, and be sure to check "use resampler.dll" OFF. That should give you a better idea of what you're working with. That resampler is buggy and non-standard, and probably why its crashing on export.

Kiyoteru likes this.
  12. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm guessing that you're using simple like Audacity's noise removal, which is probably fine for something like an amateur podcast. However, for UTAU samples, a cheap noise removal is likely to cause more harm than good. It'll filter out necessary frequencies and cause processing artifacts, which will only sound worse once processed again through UTAU. Please try again with the original samples, and make sure they're 16bit 44.1kHz mono wav files.

Halo likes this.
  13. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    I used a third party plugin which is really good for stuff like that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2018 ---
    UTAU crashed as soon as I tried. Be aware that my computer is really old, really slow and has serious issues with a lot of stuff. I am trying to get a new one though.

When I did finally get it to work, UTAU just shut off with no warning. It's done that a lot since I made the voicebank.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018