VCV oto.ini generator (beta version)

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
This is a beta version of the program I'm developing. It automatically generates an oto.ini for a VCV bank based on a reclist and the parameters that the user wants to set to the bank. For now, it only works with romaji VCV, but I am going to implement kana VCV soon (this part is a bit more complex, which requires some conversions and tables).

Update1: The program now creates aliases in kana as well.

The download link is here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByVl7ootIKceWE9jelRqVVkta2s
Please, check the readme file for instructions.

Warning: if you're going to use kana aliases, your computer must have the locale set to Japanese, or else you will get an incorrect output for the kana aliases.

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
This could be really , really , useful for people who wan't to make VCV banks ^^~ Bump !
Edit 1. I got the first post here * is proud * ; w ;

Cyrusu

Momo's Minion
IS THIS REAL OR ARE AM I HALLUCINATING

I'll try this out and post a demo. I'll do a little mini review aside it

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Update: now it creates kana aliases as well, check the readme file
download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByVl7ootIKceWE9jelRqVVkta2s

Now, I only need to implement the part that read kana file names

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i can't use the generator;;
jNHMV.png

Sora

Momo's Minion
Fawkesy link said:
[quote author=Sora link=topic=4010.msg29009#msg29009 date=1352590931]
I can't use it.. Well, I sorta can;;. I try to do the \"Add Kana Aliases\" part and it freezes right when I enter it :c (Yes, I have my locale on Japanes) Here's a picture - http://prntscr.com/jfkm1
Try typing in the number. 1, 2 or 3.
[/quote]
I tried doing that and it worked! But... After I do that and I input the numbers for the offset, ect It freezes again D:

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Please, make sure that there are no empty lines in the middle of the reclist file, otherwise the program will crash, but in order for it to work correctly, there must be one line in the end of the file only.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
This is amazingly awesome Tady, it works wonders with my reclist. I like how easy it is to manually add aliases to the table it works off of as well. This will save a ton of time (and eliminate any errors).

I do have one suggestion though. It'd be even more awesome if there was an option to increment the offset value by x milliseconds for each syllable. This too would save a ton of time.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
I can't seem to get the ending vowels to work, it simply ignores the vowels altogether when I ask it to add that.

I did figure out why it doesn't like my reclist though, so that's all good (I have - instead of _ in some parts of the reclist, signifying glottal stops, that causes it to crash).
This is going to save me so much time and trouble I don't even know how to begin to thank you, Tady.

Oh also, for some reason entries like
"n_la_n_li2"
produce one alias, "n ん"
This appears to happen with all of the entries with a number after them, in one way or another, for instance "n_n_a_n_i_n2" turns into "i い"

It's not a problem for me though, just thought you'd might want to know.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Please, give me a screen capture of how yo uare using the program, and of the reclist (doesn't need to be the whole list, but just a significant part).
Make sure that you didn't remove tableroma.txt from the program's folder, and that no empty line is in the middle of the reclist