Voicebank Velveteen

Multipitch Beta bank, hopefully more to come

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The VB itself is quite well done.

But the "official design" that we can see and the "likes" seems like and everyday standard UTAU. Or wannabe UTAU. This is the more disapointing side.

He could have been a bit more unique. Most UTAUs like music and games, so maybe try including some none standard. Like a sport, or some other hobby than music, gaming and singing. This will do it quite more unique.
An example could be on my own UTAUs. Jackerline - my most used - like horses, succer and repair wires. He dislikes water and fire. So basically taking things people wouldn't think of.
Another example is my UTAU Ao Capella. she likes cats, (cosplay) and making cats cosplay xD
Of cause she has the typically "cute girl there likes rock" cliche'
but she hates Dogs. As another not typically hating.

Another little cliche you drive is the "future" and honestly - mostly any UTAU out there is from the future.
Of cause this is understandable as we think on vocaloid.
I have to admit myself that Jackerline is from the future too. 2030 to be exact so I'm no better on that hand.

I think it brave to have the VCV and VCCV banks as the first release. I do though understand, and honestly, myself would I like to release it like that as well. But as I was tired after 6 years was I more or less, well, in a fast row.

That said, overall I think only the design and maybe a bit of the little information you gave us, need some redesigning and rewriten. Of cause, this is my opinion.

As of next, the VB is nice, so no worries there *v*

Hope this helped for the future...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Howdy!

Not sure if you know, but there's a LOT in store for TS_B! We're currently working on the band's debut album.
If you want to get to know Velveteen better, you should check out his twitter account @ TS_B_Velveteen
There's also plenty of interesting plots kicking around- just has yet to be polished and published as well. Ideas we have: Visual novel, maybe??

Also, you might as well stop advertising your own UTAU as some sort of example of "ideal/perfect UTAU".

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Howdy!

Not sure if you know, but there's a LOT in store for TS_B! We're currently working on the band's debut album.
If you want to get to know Velveteen better, you should check out his twitter account @ TS_B_Velveteen
There's also plenty of interesting plots kicking around- just has yet to be polished and published as well. Ideas we have: Visual novel, maybe??

Also, you might as well stop advertising your own UTAU as some sort of example of "ideal/perfect UTAU".
I wasn't ment to advertise. Actually I don't advertise as much as many other people?

Anyway, What I in all meant to say, is from what i SAW on THIS page, is he yet not unique.

And a visual novel sounds great! I myself are also working on one! They are a really great media when you too lazy to draw a manga, but also to lazy to only write pure text. They may require more work, but they are actually great. Of cause it will cost yet another production year since if you want it out in public you'll spend a few years even finding a company. Believe me. I have an hard struggle. One company after another keeps telling me it is well writen, but they are not interested in my story and ask me to find another company xD

Gawd.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Started downloading him immediately just after hearing his SC tracks on VB info tab :love: him being Filipino is also bonus points from me teehee

@Maybe2Morrow I'll have to agree with @Adlez27, to be honest. It's pretty arrogant to compare others' UTAU with your own as an example no matter what the reason and it seems unsightly as it's like you're trying to advertise your UTAU on another's UTAU discussion page. Please limit the discussion to Velveteen's voicebank.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@kimchi-tan and what should I have done? Be like oh yeah then there was Mino, Yume and SPIKE?
Honestly, I did not mean it as advertisement, but as example on like uniqueness - shoot

And besides I could honestly just have written Hon-bass and Chi-string instead. Then none knows what I talk about - that said - I was more taking it as examples and not advertisement. But Honestly, I get those sentences from all other people than people from my own culture. I guess the "advertisment or not" culture is quite different and not everyone understands it out well.

- now to do it short: in Denmark is it only when you begin linking or include the whole bio for your product that it counts as advertisement. If you on the other hand don't include link, or only take a sentence or two out from the full bio is it none advertisement and can be used for examples. That is the culture I grew up with.

Anyway, Velvetteen has a great VB - I guess since I still need to try it out - that said, Velveteen just needed a better story told here :/
And since I just said, a little redesign in clothing could be smart so the UTAU won't get remembered for "Vocaloid look-a-like" and since people tend to use those less now-a-day (Well out from what I know).

The reason to I actually started commenting was caused by a skype call with fellow UTAU users where we looked through the UTAUs in the database here. We actually found huge lacks in many and also many problems. We also knew some may had a good VB but we were little to no interested in them doing to design and background. Overall quite a flat type. Educated in design did I find the design plain or boring, and honestly Velveteen's design gives me the feeling of yet another "best friend of miku" vibe. The design is flat and unoriginal at all unluck, but I wanted to say it more nice than this comment given here. Unlucky it doesn't seem i get to do that.

Anyway, I hope you are happy now that I actually talked Velveteen again and what flaws I see. As Much as I like the samples shown for the VB is the design a - and something there will scare people away. As said. No cool design. Just plain and boring and gives that one "Miku vibe"

ending, I haven't meant to be rude. I at least hope you guys understand that I meant to give constructive critic. If i seemed rude, sorry.

Reactions: HIRATELIER

Velvet

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The VB itself is quite well done.

But the "official design" that we can see and the "likes" seems like and everyday standard UTAU. Or wannabe UTAU. This is the more disapointing side.

He could have been a bit more unique. Most UTAU like music and games, so maybe try including some none standard. Like a sport, or some other hobby than music, gaming and singing. This will do it quite more unique.
An example could be on my own UTAU. Jackerline - my most used - like horses, succer and repair wires. He dislikes water and fire. So basically taking things people wouldn't think of.
Another example is my UTAU Ao Capella. she likes cats, (cosplay) and making cats cosplay xD
Of cause she has the typically "cute girl there likes rock" cliche'
but she hates Dogs. As another not typically hating.

Another little cliche you drive is the "future" and honestly - mostly any UTAU out there is from the future.
Of cause this is understandable as we think on vocaloid.
I have to admit myself that Jackerline is from the future too. 2030 to be exact so I'm no better on that hand.

I think it brave to have the VCV and VCCV banks as the first release. I do though understand, and honestly, myself would I like to release it like that as well. But as I was tired after 6 years was I more or less, well, in a fast row.

That said, overall I think only the design and maybe a bit of the little information you gave us, need some redesigning and rewriten. Of cause, this is my opinion.

As of next, the VB is nice, so no worries there *v*

Hope this helped for the future...

Hi. Thanks for your input. But let me make something very clear.

My UTAU is not part of this petty popularity contest that goes on with the rest of the fandom. I chose this design and those personalities because I MYSELF like them.

Firstly, the design. I don't know if you know this, but this design came from two of my friends, Shadow and Subaru, who happen to be artists. They designed my UTAU because they were nice to me. And, this design fits the aesthetic that I wanted to give my UTAU. I will not change it just because someone will think it's "basic". As for the future cliche, I put that because it makes the most sense when looking at his design.

Secondly, as much as I'd love criticism from a voicebank quality standpoint... well, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care if your UTAU's personalities and interests are "more unique" than mine. When it comes down to it, it's just not an important factor if it's only an UTAU, considering people only use the voice without a means to showcase the personality in covers.

This UTAU was a pet project. It's for me. I released it because people said they like his voice, which is where all the effort went.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
@Maybe2Morrow I apologize if I seem rude and blunt myself, but please understand that mentioning your own UTAU very frequently in an unrelated topic is viewed as a stigma in the UTAU community. It's not that the forum is disrespecting your culture, but it's just that our own community's culture sees it as unpleasant. Please understand.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just one problem with you not care for his design.

As educated in design and - what also educates you in selling - does I know that you choose your limits for a more closed audience.
As artist myself, would I had liked to help out, actually I normal do that in secret - like redesigning people's characters to make them - more interesting. I know It may seem stupid, but design is like 50% of what sells. Sure you put effort into the VB but how many will come and use it if the first they see is a plain and boring designed character?

I know you like those things. They are actually the most common thing to like as a human - this is why you shouldn't make your UTAU your persona - at least I won't recommend it despite a lot does take UTAUs as personas. In that an UTAU often is a public "device" will the persona be destroyed again and again by users.

That said, I understand that you'll like this, but maybe try to at least consider it if you want to do bigger plans. If nothing else I can always stand to help out traditionally *v*

Anyway, of cause this is only my opinion and what I have been taught...

@kimchi-tan a I see. Not used to those costumes. Afterall I am still learning this xD
I came from the Youtaite/Utaite community and ahahaha I didn't know xD

xShadowxXIII

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Maybe2Morrow Did you think about how maybe other people still like this design? Or that maybe some people don't even care for it really?

I for myself know that I discovered Velveteen because I was nicely asked to draw him. I stayed because the voicebank has a really good quality and also brings some fresh ideas to the table (200BPM recording speed). Yes, the design is simple. Simple does not mean bad in my opinion though. Simple to me means that I will have a field trip with Velveteen should it come to more complex PVs, because thanks to a simplistic design, you don't have to spend a lot of time on drawing tons of details.

Another problem I might notice is that you seem rather determined on seeing a voicebank as a marketing product - which you can hardly do nowadays. Sure, your point is correct - a good design can help in making people notice the bank - but voicebank design is not the only factor. YOu also have to take things into account like videos, recent activity, being in touch with the community, as well as - and that in my opinion is the biggest point - voicebank quality.

Your design can be otherworldy. I won't touch it if I don't like the voicebank quality.

Lastly, I would advise you to maybe take on a more careful attitude when talking to people. I don't know how others may think about it, but I took your core message as a little rude. Your stance on this could be taken as "this design is shit and I would've made a much better job than everyone involved".

(Also @Velvet I am using Velveteen as we speak, expect things in the not so distant future)

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
hi! i love his voicebank and tbh he has a quality kind of like Kiei Suikomi in my opinion and i LOVE the sound of his voice :D

I personally like his design. if anybody's going to complain about simplicity, they should take a look at Kiei Suikomi, Mawarine Shuu and Al!ce.16 who all have uncomplicated designs but good quality voicebanks. Honestly, complaining about the design seems petty and unimportant //after all you aren't using the picture itself to make a good cover

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
design doesn't have enough abs 0/10 :///

That was sarcasm I'm kidding, design is a highly subjective thing and what's good to someone isn't always good to someone else and character wise from a writing perspective, personal interests are not as important as character personality itself anyway, plus that is pretty irrelevant in this situation because the voicebank is of it's own quality and velvet made him as is for himself so just let people do what they want as long as it's original lel