Voicebank Velveteen

Multipitch Beta bank, hopefully more to come

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hmm

I never said I was better at drawing him. But since I'm educated in design is it some I notice a lot.

Ex. The headset would be terrible to wear for a human as it is meant to be a robot's ears in the original vocaloid design core.

Besides the clothing can you actually buy in stores (maybe not te exact design of the pants though - by the way is the design on the pants pointing toward the duck - I wrote duck on porpoise)

Anyway, I'm not saying the design is shit - believe me. My first outcast for UTAU designs back in 2011 was way worse xD

I really don't mind the shoes though, because I use this design myself too - lol

Hmm, I get the PV view though! Despite that if an artist really really really wants to make a PV would they do it anyway.

Besides, saying that simplifying the design makes better PVs is defiantly not 100% true. Actually that is more a sign on laziness.

That said, I still would recon and him to get a bit more interesting design as he is part of a band and as of now:
"Looks like a lost gamer without friends"
Is more fitting.
I would not highlight this as a bad thing if he hadn't been a part of a band. But as a band member would a bit more interesting design do good.
Nothing to fancy. Just a logo or some fancy sleeves.

That said, the shirt get him to look a bit fat?
It seems unatural on Velvet. But properly just because that is how it is drawn.

I'm not here to say the design is a total mess or it stinks. I say this as a "this could help"

If I ever was to make a PV with him, would I redesign him. Not only to fit the Pv but also to make more people look by the video.

As of now are most of those "I'm best friends with miku" designed UTAUs PVs am I simply skipping to avoid boredom.

Sorry for that comment!

But I do understand.

About the "maybe some people like" I asked my art students what they saw and they were like:
"A sport person"
"A lonely nerd"
"He sure eat many chips"
"Vocaloid's best friend"
"Plain and boring?"
And these were the same commentary from the skype call •-•

These are actually how many people see it.

There was 3 people there sat:
"Well it looks okay?"

Out of 10.
This shows that 7/10 of the audience will not click further on.

That said.
Enjoy it as you will.
I won't comment anymore because apparently am I always the bad guy in any case? Just because I am not "happy" about things?
I'm bored but not unhappy or happy. I like some of the design points (guess what because I never mentioned them more or less) and I dislikes some of the design.
All I said was I could help if the need for a redesign was needed but as it is your UTAU is it up to te people themselves.

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wow it sucks walking in and adding onto all this drama going on, but... //omgcongratulationsonfinishingandreleasingthepreciousfabricchildIjustdownloadedhisbankmmm

@Maybe2Morrow I'm sure you've heard this all before, but, Hi. I'm the unfortunately unoriginal designer of this UTAU. Velveteen was designed with no name, no background, a voice, and a simple sketch to work with. I gave him a simple design, with Velvet's icon and description in mind, resulting in a black and gray color scheme, and threw in a few things to stand out from his otherwise monochrome design. Attached headset with visualizer, red glasses (As requested), and an added splash of blue to contrast.

Flashy designs aren't everything, especially these days in the UTAU community. People are going after high quality voicebanks, with a unique voice over design, and as said before me, there are many other UTAU with simplistic designs who've been well recognized as of late. Velvet's UTAU was intended to be based on him, not a full-fledged original character like many others, and this all shouldn't be a popularity contest anyway? This is a vocal synthesizer. Not an oc contest.

Last edited:

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I never took this as an OC contest xD

I also seen many of these rise and then be forgotten.

If the axent wear hadn't looked like it did would you then buy it? No of cause not.

That said I understand all points of views and I never never intended on making such a mess and fuss about it. Apparently people believe in the slightest critic as an enemy?
If you don't wish critic - then don't make a discussion.
If the first message held a "I don't want critic" then I hadn't commented.

And I know about the quality of the VB. It's 50% of the selling point.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
velveteen doesnt have enough dank memes in his bio, he wont connect witht he target audience thus way,
u gotta make him hip and down with the kids if u want him to be #relatable gotta get them DLLLLSS AMIRIGHT pokemon go more like pokemon go download velveteen yeah boiiii

AND i asked my friends on th interwebs and they all agreed with me (my personal friend group agreed with me now thats how u know im right) that velveteen would be better with a harambe t shirt and a dat boi bicycle, change him completely just because my friends and i personally think he should be danker

and also he has no abs??You cant be an real vocaloid without abs what???

and like he wears clothes that normal people wear, everybody knows that utsus have to wear much more kawaii desu clothes that only j pop stars wear, geeez get with the tiems

and he cant be interested in video games, thats stuff that actually real normal people like, make him interested in more sugoi stuff like nuclear fission and exorcism like my utsu, i should know ive designed like 316 characters arent u educated on designnn

he only gets sebun kokoros out of ju sorry but thts just my opinion dont be offended just trying to o help lolll

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
This thread has gone out of hand. Should anyone persist talking about this issue, I'll have to hand over the decision of the fate of this thread to a higher staff member as I do not have control over the showcase section.

Please limit the discussion of this thread to just about Velveteen from now on.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
not to worry folks, no need to fight any more for i have taken it upon myself to rebirth velvot

vealveet.jpg

i think this design we can all agree with and get along as friends from now on, no need to thank me, all i ask in return is that we be friendly to each other in the spirit of memes

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
not to worry folks, no need to fight any more for i have taken it upon myself to rebirth velvot

View attachment 2941

i think this design we can all agree with and get along as friends from now on, no need to thank me, all i ask in return is that we be friendly to each other in the spirit of memes
you've whitewashed him you trash #triggered

Velvet

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok, time to address the peeps

@Maybe2Morrow I understand what you're saying. I do. I'm sorry if I or anyone else in here was rude to you. But please understand, I have no reason to market my UTAU. I get no money, only - what - fame? popularity? Petty things at best. I released my UTAU to share him with those who'd like him, not for popularity. The band thing is a project me and my friends are doing for fun, because we like our characters. But going back to UTAU: these days, in this community of users, voice quality prevails over almost all, even design. I've seen UTAU have fairly basic designs with an iffy art style but people liked their voice enough to make really good fanart (case in point, Ouka Alice)
Although, I would like to set up an experiment, if you're willing
That skype group you showed? Show them his official release art. I think the art style change alone will change some of their minds.
Also, if my UTAU's voice is as good as everyone in this thread is making it out to be, the 3/10 people who clicked forward will likely tell people about the nice voice and forget about the design altogether

@xShadowxXIII @SubaruTheCake I'm deeply sorry you two got wrapped up in this, thanks so much for what you've done for me and for supporting Velveteen through and through ;u; (@ shado IM HYPE)

@☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡 @kimchi-tan Aaaaaa I'm glad you guys like him!! ;u; also AYY WE NEED MORE FILIPINO UTAU HAHA
Filipino ba kayo
kamusta naman mga pre

@RaccoonButler Stop. Right now. Revealing his future append designs is dislegal >:[ yull be hearing from me lawer see u in court binch

To the rest and above mentioned, Thank you all for your support!! It makes me happy too see that you guys like his voice ;u; I was worried that the tone of my voice and the mic quality would make him sound awful :'D I'm glad that's not the case hahah

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@xShadowxXIII @SubaruTheCake I'm deeply sorry you two got wrapped up in this, thanks so much for what you've done for me and for supporting Velveteen through and through ;u; (@ shado IM HYPE)
It's okay, I could have reacted better.

Now. Time to endlessly doodle him and create horrid abominations he shouldn't become because that's what I do ahahahah