Verve: A really cool experimental art program you probably never heard of

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys! I learned about this program like a year ago in when I was in college and totally forgot the name. Well I found it again and thought I'd share it here!

Verve is an experimental painting program that also incorporates GPU powered fluid simulation and light sources on a virtual canvas surface. Nearly all of it's brush simulation is procedural and random. I found is very cool and fun to play with.
It's not really comparable at all to real painting, however it can be used to make very interesting looking works.

Some examples of Verve where he also tells you about some of the features.

You can find it at Taron's forum over at http://www.taron.de/forum/

Note that you're gonna need a pretty stronk computer to handle larger canvases, else you'll experience some pretty extreme lag. You can disable high quality in the top-right corner while painting to help with that.

Last edited:
P

partial

Absolutely fascinating. I've never seen nor heard of a program like this before. Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait to try it out.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
thanks for sharing this i might try this even though my computer is an absolute toaster
this looks like it'd be good for drawing planet surfaces and stuff p rad

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
Damn this looks pretty cool. It also seems semi-familiar, maybe you or someone else had showed it to me sometime in the past or something lol
I haven't really been in the mood to draw lately, but I think I might try this out later today once I clear the thick layer of dust off my drawing tablet.

EDIT: SHOOT I DIDN'T REALIZE I NECRO'D