Video Editing Programs?

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
Well, I always see these nice videos on YT. At the least, it's just a picture, but it still looks extremely nice. I use Windows Movie Maker, so I can't exactly get it to look like that. Fullscreen, HD, etc. I believe that some (Probably most.) use Sony Vegas, but I got the trial for that and my 30 days already ran out.

I was wondering if there's any free software for editing videos out there. I'd pay if I could, but I won't start working until next week and even then, I won't be earning much. I could save up, but right now I'm looking for something that anyone could get. Although I think there's a way for you to pay every month for Sony Vegas, I don't think that'd be a great idea at the moment.

So is there anything good that's free? I can't use WMM anymore, it's spazzing out. When I render a video with captions, half of it would be cut off. Now, when I use effects (Which are kinda tacky.) it'll freak out, which is annoying.

aquatius

Momo's Minion
I use Kdenlive which is free, though I think it might be Linux-only. It's a bit laggy and crashes sometimes but it can do pretty much anything a professional editor can.

RINGO

Teto's Territory
I use Cyberlink Power Director v8~ Its easy and has some pretty sweet effects!
There are some problems with importing video files though...
I once tried Vegas, but I never had enough patience to figure it out~

irei1as

Teto's Territory
Lightworks ( http://www.lightworksbeta.com/ ) is a freeware for video editting but
a) You have to register (free) to be able to download.
b) It's extremely hard to use. I have tried it (like 10 minutes) and I wasn't even able to start a project.

But it seems some pro people uses it.

For freewares I have checked some of http://alternativeto.net/software/sony-vegas-pro/?license=free&sort=likes
(Be sure to check if there is a version for your OS. Like Cinelerra looked nice but it's Linux only.)
But Windows Media Maker was by far the easiest to use for me.
And before trying any, look some tutorials in youtube to check if you may like it. ZS4 seems to be impossible to use.

Another option that is not there is the freeware blender. It's mainly a 3D program but the newest versions have a small option to make videos.
It's a bit unstable, weak and complex but, hey, it has a portable version.

On other note, VirtualDub ( http://virtualdub.org/ ) is not much of a video editor but it has its uses if you want to make some special stuff (changing video aspect, for example).

Now, after all this text... yeah, there is not much easy to use freeware for video editing (at least for windows, no idea on other OS).

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
Hm... Well that's kind of too bad, I guess. Although you can't expect everything to be for free.

Well, thanks all of you. Sony Vegas was by far the easiest and simplest thing for me to use that didn't make me feel like bashing my head against a wall that also allowed more than just simple editing.

I'll try some of these links out when I'm on my actual computer. Hoping, praying, that it won't take long to find something that I'll actually like using.