【VOCALOID Original】 I Am LUMi 【LUMi】

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Studio

Teto's Territory

So the trial version of LUMi came out. And dang, she sounds awesome. Gotta love that Ohara Sayaka singing voice. Sorry for the bad tuning, I'm still trying to practice tuning in the VOCALOID editor. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy my very own demo for the newest VOCALOID LUMi

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry, but you posted it here, and you were fully aware you might get critique. Music theory is important, you don't need to know all of it, but you need to know some things like how to make harmonies and such etc. Zoku didn't even say anything rude about you anyways.

You flipped out in the Discord chat for A/E even though none of us actually were being rude or meaning to insult you, you took it as such. If you truly are 17 then I am absolutely dumbfounded at your behavior. If you can't accept critique then don't post it in places and that's the bottom line.

TJ Studio

Teto's Territory
I'm sorry, but you posted it here, and you were fully aware you might get critique. Music theory is important, you don't need to know all of it, but you need to know some things like how to make harmonies and such etc. Zoku didn't even say anything rude about you anyways.

You flipped out in the Discord chat for A/E even though none of us actually were being rude or meaning to insult you, you took it as such. If you truly are 17 then I am absolutely dumbfounded at your behavior. If you can't accept critique then don't post it in places and that's the bottom line.
SHUT UP

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The tuning itself sounds fine, it's just that the vocals and their notes don't match up with the music, as if the singing is elsewhere from the music's range(hard to explain, basically I'm trying to say that although the tuning is fine the vocals don't follow the melody at all so it sounds odd,,) -Not trying to sound rude or mean ;^^

Pixys

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
how do you expect to improve your music skills if you tell anyone who dares to tell you kindly to learn music theory to shut up? they aren't insulting you, just trying to help. no need to snap at anyone who wants to see you improve

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounds like you want to be stuck where you are forever and not improve. Everyone who started music like you did, will be far ahead of you in the future, improved and better, while you are still in the same spot on the progress line. The more you're aggressive to those who helps you, the less people will ever care about your improvement and no one will help you in the future. Music theory is like learning anatomy for Art. You need it. Its a base. It is important to learn the theory so you can understand more and get further with your music. And honestly, I'm baffled at the way you treated Zoku and Info-Chan considering that you are 17. Now if you want to improve from where you are, you gotta take art risks, get out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself, make mini lyrics and mini songs for practice, continue to make music to improve. Even if it was "useless" WIP flp music file, just know you'll need it someday. Like my songs "What", and "Depression" were useless WIPs that I used a year+ later. Now these people were only trying to help you, and I do suggest you try to listen to tips and try to improve.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
You're truly 17?
I'm 14, and, if it's told to me in a nice way, I will take criticism and try to use it to make my work better. It seems I am more mature than you are.
I hope you're aware that posting your work on a site such as this one will result in constructive criticism. It's not to tear you down or say you're bad; it's to help you improve so that your next work will be better. In this community, we want to inspire and help each other so that everyone can get better at using UTAU.
How do you think Kimchi-tan got so good at tuning? Someone kindly told her what she needed to fix and work on, and she did so, making her tuning better than it was before.

Last edited:

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't mean to be rude, but it feels like the vocals and the instrumental are for two different songs. As Iris said, LUMi sounds really off pitch and it's difficult to discern a melody.

I read this and my first thought was, "I haven't said anything yet???". This just goes to show I've been gone far too long....

Okay, but to get down to business. First, allow me to address everyone EXCEPT TJ:

Yes, when someone posts their work they leave themselves open to any and all critique. No, none of you have really stepped out of line because yes, for the most part you guys have been pretty tame and mature with your comments. For the most part. And, no, I'm not saying you guys need to sugarcoat yourselves and dumb down your critiques.

However, some of you are seriously toeing the line in my opinion and I ask you take a step back and breathe. When critiquing someone, even if they react badly, let's try to keep ourselves away from their level, yes? Try not to bring their maturity into it or mock their age; and stick to their actual work versus turning on the person themselves. It's easy to snap when you've done nothing wrong to provoke the bad behavior, but telling someone they're never going to improve is cutting it awfully close if not down right making you just like them.

Again, not saying you all are bad people...you're just pushing the behavior.

For TJ:

You need to understand that when you post something to the forums, even when you don't ask for one, people are open to critiquing you. Whether you like it or not. And if you DON'T like it, your best option is to either not react at all or to thank someone for their opinion and maturely state you are probably not going to take it; then just move on with your life. Not everyone is going to like your work and not everyone is going to be sweet about it. Sometimes people are blunt.

If you do not like having your work critiqued, period, the only way you can stop it is by not posting it at all. Do not just yell and tell people to shut up. Else we end up in situations like this. There are much better ways to react.

And this is an all around reminder that I wrote this resource for a very good reason.

Ti Pai

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There's almost no problems with the melody I think. The tuning is very weird and off time and there's almost no mixing, so yes, it does sound like you put two different songs together. But you know what? Even you said the tuning was bad, and yet you're not accepting help with it or the song itself. If you are 17, please act your age, go do some research on Music theory and let's see where you get from there. I am interested to hear more of your stuff but your music won't improve if you don't take advice.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I read this and my first thought was, "I haven't said anything yet???". This just goes to show I've been gone far too long....

Okay, but to get down to business. First, allow me to address everyone EXCEPT TJ:

Yes, when someone posts their work they leave themselves open to any and all critique. No, none of you have really stepped out of line because yes, for the most part you guys have been pretty tame and mature with your comments. For the most part. And, no, I'm not saying you guys need to sugarcoat yourselves and dumb down your critiques.

However, some of you are seriously toeing the line in my opinion and I ask you take a step back and breathe. When critiquing someone, even if they react badly, let's try to keep ourselves away from their level, yes? Try not to bring their maturity into it or mock their age; and stick to their actual work versus turning on the person themselves. It's easy to snap when you've done nothing wrong to provoke the bad behavior, but telling someone they're never going to improve is cutting it awfully close if not down right making you just like them.

Again, not saying you all are bad people...you're just pushing the behavior.

For TJ:

You need to understand that when you post something to the forums, even when you don't ask for one, people are open to critiquing you. Whether you like it or not. And if you DON'T like it, your best option is to either not react at all or to thank someone for their opinion and maturely state you are probably not going to take it; then just move on with your life. Not everyone is going to like your work and not everyone is going to be sweet about it. Sometimes people are blunt.

If you do not like having your work critiqued, period, the only way you can stop it is by not posting it at all. Do not just yell and tell people to shut up. Else we end up in situations like this. There are much better ways to react.

And this is an all around reminder that I wrote this resource for a very good reason.
Finally someone said it. Who cares if he's 17 or whatever age? (That's not what's supposed to be critiqued, it's about the music)Sure, he could've reacted better, but all the people near snapping at him aren't going to do anything but make things more aggressive. I don't see where mocking someone's age will help or make them feel any better, I think it's unnecessary and kinda rude,,,,,

Reactions: HIRATELIER
Status
Not open for further replies.