VOCALOID-quality UTAUs

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't think anyone mentioned Yamine Renri yet lol

Although, there are tons of Utau that would be considered 'Vocaloid quality', they pretty much just need a decent mic and proper oto, the rest is pretty much up to tuning and mixing. Many vocaloid covers you see on YouTube aren't anything special and have basic tuning+mixing, thus making them sound lackluster regardless of the recording and standard Vocaloid engine quality. Same with Utau, a lot of covers are nothing to write home about but there are ones that are something amazing, regardless of how they were recorded(and no I don't mean you can have an Utau recorded on your phone in the middle of a construction site and have it sound like Luka V4x)

Reactions: RenzoA and Nohkara

HixaiU

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If I can make a potato bank sound semi decent I would say dont look too hard into quality if you can deal with heavily mixing things. However, if you are like many people who cant really be stuffed mixing (no offence ^_^' ) probably look at studio recorded voices. But I will stress this, yes microphone quality takes a high priority but if the oto is not right you can kiss that quality goodbye

Example (using my own banks here because I can):

An OTO'd bank....well two three pitches:

100% not oto'd because the bank was discontinued on UTAU:

Both of these banks were recorded on a +700AUD mic so....

Reactions: Nohkara

Ame。

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
realistically, there is no utau that is "vocaloid-quality" because some vocaloids can be LQ (looking at you, azuki and matcha).

I'd personally recommend Shione Lt, Number Bronze, Sekiga Yuuma (pray you have enough space), Tyaroemon, Kohaku Merry, Anna Nyui, and Yamine Renri.

Reactions: RenzoA and Nohkara