Voice bank problems

Zarah

Momo's Minion
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't find it anywhere, and I'm new at this so I don't really know what I'm doing. XD
I can't register the voice banks. All the tutorials I've found online instruct me to open one of the wave files from the voice bank. I know the waves are there, but they don't actually show up in the search when I try to register the voice bank. (A picture here if that helps at all)
Any ideas at all of how to fix this are greatly appreciated, thank you for your time. :smile:
(Also sorry if I was a bit confusing)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
from the looks of it it seems you have some mojibake files. please set your system locale to japanese and redownload utau and voicebanks. and dont use applocale since its outdated and will still cause issues.

Zarah

Momo's Minion
Okay, I've been trying this since I got your message, and I still can't get it. I somehow managed to make the whole program be in the "gibberish", does that just mean I did something wrong with changing the locale? Or is it something else?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You need to uninstall utau and delete the voicebanks all together. After that's done, change your locale to Japanese and if you're European, change the decimal setting from comma to a period. Restart your machine. Download Utau 4.18e (do not use the same zip and installer from before and do not use applocale) and install like normal. If you load the default bank (uta), it should come up as hiragana.

Reactions: Kiyoteru