VSQ Trouble?

Mei-Saime

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For some reason, the VSQ I import correctly wont show the lyrics at all...any help?

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
That error happens because vsqs aren't saved in Unicode if I remember correctly. So, if the vsq is kana, when it is imported into utau, it is turned in mojibake. That's the only time I've ever gotten that error.

I don't know of any methods to fix this so you'll have to retype the lyrics by hand.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
You have to set your locale to japan, and reinstall UTAU
That would not work as UTAU isn't the program at a fault.

Vocaloid 2, to my memory, saved files in ANSI of the system on which it was created. When they are imported back into the editor, there is an option to choose the encoding type so that the file can be opened correctly. If you chose the wrong encoding, you'll either end up with mojibake.

UTAU doesn't have the luxury such that it can choose which encoding to load vsqs in. Whatever the vsq is encoded as, is what UTAU will load it in. As a result, kana vsqs come out be garbled as the files were not encoded in Shift-JIS. Also, UTAU doesn't support the loading of UTF-8 to my knowledge unless it's oto files.

Also, this happens with kana usts that are converted to vsqs and then sent to Vocaloid, which shows it could be a problem more than mere encoding issue.

Correct me if I've said anything incorrectly.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just because I love the tool and think you might find it useful, there is a tool that makes converting vsqx/vsq and ust files into each other super easy! My phone doesn't want to let me copy and paste links right now, but I can put the link here later if you want

Mei-Saime

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Co
Just because I love the tool and think you might find it useful, there is a tool that makes converting vsqx/vsq and ust files into each other super easy! My phone doesn't want to let me copy and paste links right now, but I can put the link here later if you want
Could you please? That would be really helpful! ^^

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
Last edited: