We need to start talking about the future of UTAU's engine development before it's too late

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Lystrialle, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Khento

Khento Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Maybe and no. The goal is to make it work with all current resamplers, but since I'm still working on the frontend, I can't say for sure if all of them will be compatible. The idea is to run them under wine on a Linux server. I did some testing and was able to at least invoke m4 and the default resampler remotely, but I couldn't get moresampler to work. Fortunately, Kanru Hua pointed out why, so I'm sure I can find a workaround.

As for plugins, it's impossible to keep compatibility, since they are just Windows executables that get called by the main program. It is possible to implement their features directly on the front-end, though.

It doesn't rely on UTAU to work, so VB6 support is not a problem.

Zoku, kimchi-tan, VocAddict and 9 others like this.
  2. ・✧ Titsu ✧・

・✧ Titsu ✧・ The Space Witch Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is both a really scary and really exciting idea. Mainly because I don't have the most stable internet access right now. If you ever finish this and it goes well I'd highly recommend making a desktop version as well, as its very convenient for a lot of us to not have to halt our progress when our internet goes out. Either way, this looks like a good idea.

3. Khento

Trophy Points
    Working on this is really really fun!
    Still working on the front-end, and I've made some progress.

To keep compatibility with UTAU's file format, the track stored internally is always "UST compliant". That means that the front-end will automatically add, remove, resize and merge invisible rests whenever the user adds or modifies a note. In other words, no more rests!
    I still haven't finished horizontal movement and resizing, but since the last post I finished vertical movement, lyric editing and horizontal zoom. The code to support different time signatures is already there, and switching between tracks seems to be working now.

Double clicking on a note opens this rudimentary note editing dialog.
    [​IMG]

The grid can be zoomed in and out
    [​IMG]

When drawing a note on a rest region, the rest will be split and a note will be added in between.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Individual notes and regions can be moved vertically.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm probably going to work on a feature to export rudimentary USTs before I tackle the backend. That would make it slightly useful as-is, I guess.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Zoku, Arissa, k0rvid and 10 others like this.
  4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm really interested in following the progress of this project, but I think it would be easier to do so in a separate thread.

Zoku, Arissa, Chianachini and 3 others like this.
  5. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Please, make a separate thread of this project! I like the depelopment of this project so far~

Zoku and Tomato Hentai like this.
  6. FeatheredFinch

FeatheredFinch King Of Songbirds Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You should totally request a utalab thread!

7. Khento

Trophy Points
    Discussion thread created! http://utaforum.net/threads/melodia-editor-utau-in-a-browser.15867/
    I'll post updates there from now on. You can see it live at http://redelee.ddns.net:25565/

8. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Dayum, the progress is reallll

9. Alessandra

Alessandra Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    A frined of mine told me someone is going to release an open source UTAU relaunch... and it's really strange Ameya/Ayame (or ok..) doesn't repl. Maybe now he/she is focusing on other stuff... or just doesn't speak English