Welcome to UtaForum 3.5!

Welcome to UtaForum 3.5.
Like the old one, but better...

As I am sure many of you have noticed UtaForum has been suffering from problems as of late. Long story short our old server was getting attacked by spammers, SpamAssasin the program that fights SPAM kept overloading and crashing the server.

The server crashed during a DB write session and certain tables on the old UtaForum corrupted and were unable to be repaired, things continued to get progressively worse, as I frantically tried to patch everything together till it all came to ahead with what we had last week. New threads were unable to be made and everything was half broken.

In the end the staff conversed and the best solution was to migrate away from SMF 2, the old forum software we were using. It was buggy and beyond redemption. Instead we moved everything, the server, our software, and the entire database. All the members, passwords, threads, and posts we able to be successfully moved into the new-ish UtaForum.

Some things were lost, the PMs for one, and user avatars and custom profile fields. In the end those were all minor details. If there was something missing that didn't make the move you can still access the Old Utaforum at old.utaforum.net.

There is still some work under the hood to be done, but expect another update about all the new features and goodies our new software has over the old one. Initially the goal was to be exactly like the Old UtaForum, but I couldn't reset some upgrades/plugins.

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
Just sayin'

The new look is awesome, everything is so clear and easy to find ^^

(( All my PM's and Posts are here :D ))

Also, everything seems faster o3o

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I'm really enjoying the new profile and messaging systems omg <3

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
All the images have be pallet swapped into purple.

Tell me if I missed anything.

Yea the font sizes on MyBB use a different syntax:
Code:
[SIZE=1]XX-Small[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]X-Small[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Small[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Medium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Large[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]X-Large[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]XX-Large[/SIZE]

Results in:

XX-Small
X-Small
Small
Medium
Large
X-Large
XX-Large

Though if you really want to use the old font sizes I am sure I could make custom BB code for it.

novagirl

Teto's Territory
Hentai said:
In the end the staff conversed and the best solution was to migrate away from SMF 2, the old forum software we were using. It was buggy and beyond redemption. Instead we moved everything, the server, our software, and the entire database. All the members, passwords, threads, and posts we able to be successfully moved into the new-ish UtaForum.

Some things were lost, the PMs for one, and user avatars and custom profile fields. In the end those were all minor details. If there was something missing that didn't make the move you can still access the Old Utaforum at old.utaforum.net.

There is still some work under the hood to be done, but expect another update about all the new features and goodies our new software has over the old one. Initially the goal was to be exactly like the Old UtaForum, but I couldn't reset some upgrades/plugins.

I think my password got lost cause it won't let me sign in at all to the point I had to reset a new password.

XJM

Teto's Territory
I always thought MyBB was better than SMF to begin with. Nice to finally be able to reply to a thread again :smile:

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thanks for the upgrade! It'll be nice to get talking again XD And to be able to refer people here without fearing issues.

Quick question, does the "thank you for your search" redirect thing when you press "View New Posts" or "View Unanswered Posts" have to be a thing? Incidentally, I'll quit abusing it if it's a drain on the site's resources or something like that >__>;;

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, that's a bit distracting, especially on mobile devices.

XJM

Teto's Territory
Is there a way to resize an image using BB Code? o-o Just so it doesn't break the barriers of the thread/post if it's too big.

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
Everything seems nicer and shinier exept...why was I demoted to Jr. Member? Why are half my posts gone? I demand vengeance!

...No seriously, this is very nice and I'm glad I can post again. Good Job!

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To answer some of the previous questions on this thread:

The 'View New Posts' and 'View Unanswered Posts' pages are sub-sections of the search function. That information is not available off hand so the redirect exists as sort of a 'holding' area while your search is being processed before it can be presented to you.

The Images should auto-resize to fit the max width of the post area. If you want I could probably make a custom BB code if you want specific widths.

As for people who might be missing posts fear not. All your posts are still there, just the way post counts are calculated have been modified. I might not have copied the old settings exactly.

UtaForum has always had a fudged post count system. While all posts are counted on the board and global profile each users individual post count only actually goes on the UTAU discussion areas of the bard with the off-topic, entertainment, and RP areas discounted.

XJM

Teto's Territory
Hentai said:
The Images should auto-resize to fit the max width of the post area. If you want I could probably make a custom BB code if you want specific widths.

That might be a good idea, anyway, just in case. I posted a fairly large image in a thread I made a while back with the "insert image" button, thinking that it would be auto-sized, and it went over the border of the post.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm a bit lost one the new settup...
How do we find our replys and watch posts?

I am also have odd speed issues...while the forum itself is fast, it sometimes take up to 10sec before the page will proceed to load...

nothing big or anything just odd for me.

*looks at all the pretty reply buttons*

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Chiharu said:
I cannot find the 'edit profile' button :o

Under "Welcome Back, _____" Is a link to "User CP". That's your control pannel.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
JeremyB796 said:
I'm a bit lost one the new settup...
How do we find our replys and watch posts?

That is in your User CP, the link right under your welcome message. Should be in bold.

From the home of your User CP you should be able to see the replies to your subscribed threads, plus a link to all your subscribed threads.

Depending on your 'Alert' setting you can also enable forum popup alerts and messages for PMs, thread subscriptions, etc.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hentai said:
Depending on your 'Alert' setting you can also enable forum popup alerts and messages for PMs, thread subscriptions, etc.

OH! I didn't seem to have any of this on :holy--:
I don't know how I managed this :blink:

thank you!