What barely-known UTAU (plural) do you like?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think Matsudappoiyo has gotten really popular, especially from what I see here, but anyhoo, utau I like are kind of hard to find lol, but only due to a couple factors

-Anna Nyui (one of the most realistic voices I've heard, competes with Meiji for sure ^^)
-Ouka Alice(not too much of her on YT, Niconico might have more, nice soft voice like hiyori)
-Samura Tomi(Kyaami/Cillia's utau. I'd expect her utau to be much more popular, but Kyaami doesn't do much with her, sadly)
-Amaga Eru(Very nice voice ^^ Ever heard of Wonder-Go-Round?)
-The Shirakane family(I hear so little covers feauturing hiyori nowadays, even when I looked on Niconico there were few for some reason, let alone her relatives like Himeka, Hikari, Hisui)
-Hoshisuisyo(Beautiful design and voice that sounds quite similar to Meiji, actually, in voice and quality ^^)

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OMG, yes, I love her! her voice is so cute and fun but also really expressive and realistic - I think she's a really good blend of being a solid, cute voice and also a breathy and somewhat realistic one

earlier I mentioned number bronze - aside from that I like karashine akito, made by the same person who made mizuki zuiga, a really nice, deep voice, and rinne yui, a super cute and clear voice :smile: for a demo - I actually did a cover with them both lol shameless plug

PS - hope this isn't rude, it's actually spelled amaga elu!

Reactions: Arissa

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I think Matsudappoiyo has gotten really popular, especially from what I see here, but anyhoo, utau I like are kind of hard to find lol, but only due to a couple factors

-Anna Nyui (one of the most realistic voices I've heard, competes with Meiji for sure ^^)
-Ouka Alice(not too much of her on YT, Niconico might have more, nice soft voice like hiyori)
-Samura Tomi(Kyaami/Cillia's utau. I'd expect her utau to be much more popular, but Kyaami doesn't do much with her, sadly)
-The Shirakane family(I hear so little covers feauturing hiyori nowadays, even when I looked on Niconico there were few for some reason, let alone her relatives like Himeka, Hikari, Hisui)
-Hoshisuisyo(Beautiful design and voice that sounds quite similar to Meiji, actually, in voice and quality ^^)
I'd say that everyone you mentioned except Shirakane family are pretty well known imo :/

Mendel needs way more love (and it doesn't help that she only has 1 demo video despite having a handle of voicebanks)

And I'm sure barely any of you heard of Katai :love: I love her mature and striking voice

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
OMG, yes, I love her! her voice is so cute and fun but also really expressive and realistic - I think she's a really good blend of being a solid, cute voice and also a breathy and somewhat realistic one

earlier I mentioned number bronze - aside from that I like karashine akito, made by the same person who made mizuki zuiga, a really nice, deep voice, and rinne yui, a super cute and clear voice :smile:

PS - hope this isn't rude, it's actually spelled amaga elu!
Ooh, I like a few of his covers! He sings well with Gahata Meiji ^^ And lol don't worry about it, in Japanese any L's and R's are interchangeable, so it could go either way :D

And I'll check out that utau! Maybe I've seen a pic of them before. Btw I like Tyraomon/Charoemon also (probably spelled that wrong lol) :smile:

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'd say that everyone you mentioned except Shirakane family are pretty well known imo :/
ashamed to say I've never heard of hoshisuisyo before, lol. she's amazing though!
i do like katai's voice! she handles those high notes super well - I'd be interested in how a more ballad-y song would sound from her.

And lol don't worry about it, in Japanese any L's and R's are interchangeable, so it could go either way :D
eh, true, I just noticed that usually people call her elu for some reason :P

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh my god, it's mostly my friends' utsus tbh

E-子
Yozane Iimo (tbh idk how popular she really is, but someone told me they didn't recognize her when i posted a drawing)
PANTS
Number bronzeee is kinda growing more popular but not really
Velveteen
Bunch ofother ones i can't name bc i am sleepy~

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

Mendel needs way more love (and it doesn't help that she only has 1 demo video despite having a handle of voicebanks)

And I'm sure barely any of you heard of Katai :love: I love her mature and striking voice

Really? Lol I guess a few I listed do have some popularity, >=< but I was mostly going off compared to ones a lot of people know, like Namine Ritsu, any vipperloid XD and Gahata Meiji lol

Ooh I keep forgetting names! I also like Nene Nene(not too unpopular, cute, breathy voice)
-Hamano Chiyuki(absolutely splendid design)
-Ogienloids(not much content of them, (from other ppl)but they're all pretty great)
-Kizimine Kakoi(I think that's her name lol)
-Darling(some of these utau have that borderline thing going on, like not totally unknown but not blown up like others)
-Tohne Nilla(Haven't seen much of her in a while)
-And a lot of utau that used to be really popular back in the early days aren't so much anymore, kind of like they've had their glory that fizzled out in a way
-Akemi Konai(so adorable >=<)
-Miyu Yukimi
-Shirahane Totoko(both rabbit-themed)
[doublepost=1490322521][/doublepost]Oh! Honoka Eli is lovely, too :3
(Since I don't think new utau count, I'll have to refrain from going on about Akemi Kinko X3)
[doublepost=1490322678][/doublepost]
ashamed to say I've never heard of hoshisuisyo before, lol. she's amazing though!
i do like katai's voice! she handles those high notes super well - I'd be interested in how a more ballad-y song would sound from her.

eh, true, I just noticed that usually people call her elu for some reason :P
Lol idk, it's kinda like saying Rin as Lin or Len as Ren. Some names, especially those that aren't exactly Japanese have the l and r vice versa switch X3 like mine

Velvet

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I almost always talk about her whenever unknown/underrated UTAU come up but I really do love her

I fell in love with Rekka Yuuri's tone; her first voice banks were pretty muffled but she's probably one of the first UTAU that I found in which I didn't mind it bc her tone is just. It's Great
The voicebank that got me especially hyped was her CHERRY CAKE, definitely one of my favorite banks
Seriously she's such a nice sounding UTAU, I honestly should try and use her more lol

Reactions: idol

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
No

Really? Lol I guess a few I listed do have some popularity, >=< but I was mostly going off compared to ones a lot of people know, like Namine Ritsu, any vipperloid XD and Gahata Meiji lol
Well, the thread title says "barely known" meaning the average UTAU user probably never even heard of them and don't have many video/tracks with them.

And I'd say that Kakoi (especially in the Japanese Community) and Darling are pretty popular especially recently for Darling with her Korean Kire VCV.

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
*thinks for a bit*
I'm gonna say that I quite like the voices of:
  • Ichigawa Ami and Yumi
  • Amane Luna
I'm not too sure if they're unpopular though; but all I know is that they're not as well-known as Vipperloids and such ^^;

Sheanna122

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I love Yozane Iimo. Her voice is so unique and it just brings a lot to the table. Far from generic, and when used right she sounds amazing!

I also love LF COEG's VCV. They're great when used for the right song.

Another one I like is Sayuri Tsuki, her CV is well-oto'd and her voice is very soft. Not to mention she's A-1 quality.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Some nice but lesser known male banks I love are Ryouji Kizuato, his son Yami Ryone, Iori Yamatouchi, Tony Yonne and Kieg. ^w^/<3

~*~
Ryouji singing I Miss You
Yami singing Define Me
Iori singing Cocco and Can You Understand? (I couldn't chose just one X3)
Tony singing Firework
Kieg singing WAVE (<-- Husbando material in my-forever alone-book~)
~*~
Yami seems to be on the more popular side, I think. After all a lot of his videos have at least 10 k views, some even going up to 60k

Reactions: kimchi-tan

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Yami seems to be on the more popular side, I think. After all a lot of his videos have at least 10 k views, some even going up to 60k
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just rarely hear much about them, myself.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For Amane Luna, I guess it's like those Vocaloids or other UTAUloids having been incredibly famous for a time and then they remain mainly discret because they don't have updates in a while or they're mainly known by veterans (kinda like how Darling went off the radar before her Korean kire vcv update )
how