What barely-known UTAU (plural) do you like?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For Amane Luna, I guess it's like those Vocaloids or other UTAUloids having been incredibly famous for a time and then they remain mainly discret because they don't have updates in a while or they're mainly known by veterans (kinda like how Darling went off the radar before her Korean kire vcv update )
how
For Amane Luna, I guess it's like those Vocaloids or other UTAUloids having been incredibly famous for a time and then they remain mainly discret because they don't have updates in a while or they're mainly known by veterans (kinda like how Darling went off the radar before her Korean kire vcv update )
how

Right, it's sort of like they've had their fame and are now known as the OGs of utau or something (lol), and with no recent updates they sort of fizzle out of people's minds, especially as far as using goes, but are still known for being amongst the first group of Utau, ie. Amane Luna, Haruka Nana, Momo Momone, etc.
[doublepost=1490655898][/doublepost]Another utau not very well known is Joan, who's got a lovely unique design as well as voice but hasn't seen fame like her and Oscar's predecessor, Xia Yu Yao. That pair isn't entirely invisible, but don't have much content of them, let alone the amount of views Yu Yao has in videos.

Reactions: partial

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Another utau not very well known is Joan, who's got a lovely unique design as well as voice but hasn't seen fame like her and Oscar's predecessor, Xia Yu Yao. That pair isn't entirely invisible, but don't have much content of them, let alone the amount of views Yu Yao has in videos.
I guess this is because they aren't marketed as much. I saw a booth and promotional cosplayer for Xia Yu Yao at a convention, but I didn't see Joan/Oscar stuff.

Reactions: Nohkara and Arissa

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I guess this is because they aren't marketed as much. I saw a booth and promotional cosplayer for Xia Yu Yao at a convention, but I didn't see Joan/Oscar stuff.

Yeah, I noticed that there's way more attention for Yu Yao from Voicemith, videos, pvs, covers, even merchandise, I think. She's pretty much the jewel of Voicemith, so I can see why they'd put more effort and whatnot into her, especially as she's incredibly successful and popular as it is.

Reactions: Nohkara and luiysia

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I read the entire rhread and most people named UTAU that arr famous, some only on Japan or only on Ovrrseas, some global :P Anyway...

On the past I'd name Meru Melodic (I was one of the only one of 2 overseas to post work with him) since I liked design and voice AND because a lot of people despised him due to his voice...But nowadays he got more famous, however still very few works tho. Twitter has also a lot about him.

Nowadays? Who I'd cite...? I guess...FiveSquared's KoH! He is a dubstep CVVC voicebank...Globally there arent many works with him tbh

Kiyohime

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kirine, Szsczepan szaft, Julia, ...

I think Nero Go-On and CRINA are fairly know. idk.

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
//shamelessly coughs at my own utau I mean what
I like Violetta tbh (even though she was in like one song)

Reactions: Arissa

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mihune Rino (御芙音リノ) and Mihune Yuno (御芙音ユノ)!

They have both nice VCV, great art and design and even really good looking home page...!

But it's a shame that person or team who created they haven't used Rino or Yuno for 3 years nor give any new VBs. If Rino and Yuno has got more promotions and covers and possibly new VBs I bet that they would be now more known!

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko

They have both nice VCV, great art and design and even really good looking home page...!

But it's a shame that person or team who created they haven't used Rino or Yuno for 3 years nor give any new VBs. If Rino and Yuno has got more promotions and covers and possibly new VBs I bet that they would be now more known!

I use them from time to time XD I have two covers with them unfinished ;A;

Reactions: Arissa and Nohkara

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

Oh, I love them! Such nice designs and voices! Been trying to find them, but sometimes ppl use the name Yumo which got confusing lol

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
"What barely-known UTAU (plural) do you like?"

When I look the previous posts, some of told UTAU are

A ) OLD utau that where on their own time known/famous (e.g. Amane Luna) but no much anymore because many have not deserved any updates for 5 years or over

B ) Some utau listed here are NOT very known or used in Western community BUT is very famous in Japanese community (e.g. Makimiya Fuuki).

C ) What is "barely-known" is also little subjective and depending of perspective (from Western or Japanese etc community). Is many videos same thing that very known: no, not automatically, specially if majority of videos are from year 2012 and older. There are some UTAU that has (currently) just few videos but has still got quite known and so on

Last edited:

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Techniqually, there may be more unknown utau that popula,r, as anyone can make their own, there's no precise way to know exactly how much there are, so that changes things a bit. People are listing utau they like that they don't see often, some argue that these utau are unpopular overseas but thriving in Japan, making things even more complicated.... Maybe if this were a bit more precise a question??

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Kujiloid

She's has a cute design and a very unique tone.

Kuaia

An interesting concept although they can't carry a song by themselves.

I think Kuaia is the japanede speech for Choir? If not, their owner (miamoo) made a mistake XD
Choir is really cool, I always attempt to use them but it is hard since they require an special tuning and way of making the UST
Oh, if I also remember correctlu Choir/Kuaia is also a vipperloid!